China Spring 45 Jasper 19/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 minute ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

I agree they underperformed this year . And again this Brian Barbay that I’m speaking of who is not the head coach at jasper I understand that, but like I said coldspring would run the entire district in football from 7th grade B team to varsity from 08-2013 that’s over 6 seasons ... that’s multiple levels of football so it wasn’t just the talent which yes they had talent but I’m just speaking from my 6 years they had a program each and every year from 7th grade to 12th grade not only did they destroy us they destroyed everyone by 40+ and went 10-0 on all levels freshman JV varsity ... Cleveland for 2-3 years in that stretch was the only team even close .. and then they’d go on to play in the state title game , and in the 5th round in 2010-2012 , he was a great HC/athletic director in my opinion .

Is it possible that what he would prefer to do on offense is different from Darrell's philosophy?

Just now, Bulldogs92 said:

Is it possible that what he would prefer to do on offense is different from Darrell's philosophy?

I’ve only watched jasper twice since 2012 so I’m not clear at all on the difference in a Darrel Barbay offense and a Brian Barbay offense ... I see Brian is the OC and it seems to be the same system he ran at OC but I have no idea who is really in charge but I saw Brian dominate with it at this level for years but again I haven’t watched Jasper enough to give my opinion on the specifics I’m just saying I know the Barbay’s know how to run a program and win some football games here in south east Texas and I’m not sure if I’d rather have someone else in their place , Idk if that guarantees jasper success 

Just now, TexasPanther2012 said:

I’ve only watched jasper twice since 2012 so I’m not clear at all on the difference in a Darrel Barbay offense and a Brian Barbay offense ... I see Brian is the OC and it seems to be the same system he ran at OC but I have no idea who is really in charge but I saw Brian dominate with it at this level for years but again I haven’t watched Jasper enough to give my opinion on the specifics I’m just saying I know the Barbay’s know how to run a program and win some football games here in south east Texas and I’m not sure if I’d rather have someone else in their place , Idk if that guarantees jasper success 

At coldspring** not OC*** that was a typo .

• WOSgrad changed the title to China Spring 45 Jasper 19/FINAL
2 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

I don't know that anything guarantees the success that we want. It's probably gonna take lightning in a bottle.

37 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Possibly... Coldspring was LOADED with talent in some of that stretch. I also have no idea who their coordinators and assistants were then, but I don’t think his staff transitioned to Jasper. 
I think most of us are just talking about the way that the Dawgs seem to show up unprepared a few times each season and how adjustments don’t seem to get made in-game. The idea of Jasper getting smoked down in the first round as a 2 seed is just kinda... weak. 

Thanks @CardinalBacker we did have a plethora of talent back then. There were other reasons for a change in Coldspring 

19 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I don't know that anything guarantees the success that we want. It's probably gonna take lightning in a bottle.

I guess we all want success for our teams nothing wrong with that, but at some point we do have to look our recent history and calculate our average win percentages over the past few decades and if the Barbay’s aren’t too far off your schools average win percentage by the decades then you can probably conclude they’re getting about the best they can get out of the talent in the area.  Now if jasper was averaging 13 wins a season and putting up state title runs every other year throughout the 80’s 90’s the 2000’s  and now all the sudden since Barbay took over they’re getting bounced in the first round then sure I’d point the finger at them. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogs92 said:

You two Silsbee guys are unbelievable. Most of us Jasper guys have been very respectful to you, even when some people would question why we do it. Show some class.

Never had a problem with you Bulldogs92. You are a class guy.

But, I have to say some karma has come from some others trolling Silsbee threads this year.

Really thought Jasper would take this one.

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Maybe CS can hang with Carthage if it came to that.

Durn sure looks like it.   Maybe Jasper had some key injuries?   Happened to Vidor.  And often we forget, similar to basketball, sometimes even in football, it’s about matchups.   Whatever the case, this one shocked me.

19 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

I guess we all want success for our teams nothing wrong with that, but at some point we do have to look our recent history and calculate our average win percentages over the past few decades and if the Barbay’s aren’t too far off your schools average win percentage by the decades then you can probably conclude they’re getting about the best they can get out of the talent in the area.  Now if jasper was averaging 13 wins a season and putting up state title runs every other year throughout the 80’s 90’s the 2000’s  and now all the sudden since Barbay took over they’re getting bounced in the first round then sure I’d point the finger at them. 

That's a fair point. We're probably a .700 team since he took over, but very few of those wins were against similar competition. We're probably sub-.500 against teams that have been at least at our level. That's where the frustration comes in.

Think we tend to put too much stock in common opponent scores.  Carthage had sub's in early and gave Jasper 8 charity points.  Tonight Jasper did not play a good game and I suspect China Spring played about as well as they could.  I suspected CS would win as they are usually pretty decent with good game plans and a disciplined team.  

8 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Durn sure looks like it.   Maybe Jasper had some key injuries?   Happened to Vidor.  And often we forget, similar to basketball, sometimes even in football, it’s about matchups.   Whatever the case, this one shocked me.

China Spring has an excellent quarterback and tailback that we couldn't stop. They were up 3-0 after the first quarter and it looked like it was gonna be a good, low scoring game and then our wheels came off. They were faster than we are on both sides of the ball, no question. I'm looking forward to seeing how they measure up to WO-S. I love good football and that's gonna be a fantastic ball game.

1 minute ago, house said:

Think we tend to put too much stock in common opponent scores.  Carthage had sub's in early and gave Jasper 8 charity points.  Tonight Jasper did not play a good game and I suspect China Spring played about as well as they could.  I suspected CS would win as they are usually pretty decent with good game plans and a disciplined team.  

Yeah. You're absolutely right. It's called the transitive property and that doesn't mean anything in football. It's all about matchups.

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Never had a problem with you Bulldogs92. You are a class guy.

But, I have to say some karma has come from some others trolling Silsbee threads this year.

Really thought Jasper would take this one.

You've always been more level-headed than some of your Tiger fans also. Tonight was tough and I hope you guys play Carthage tougher than we did. We'll never be fans of each other's teams, but I'd have a cold one and talk some football with you any day...