Just letting everyone know......

AggiesAreWe

So what do y’all do on election night?

I spend them in my Son-in-laws garage.   He has a big screen out there.  We (usually 3-5 guys) get in lawn chairs and drink a few cold beers and have a ball.   Cuss when the Dems do good, cheer when they do bad,  We toast when the Reps do good, and chugalug when they do bad.

So anyone else got a traditional election night?

10 hours ago, Hagar said:

I spend them in my Son-in-laws garage.   He has a big screen out there.  We (usually 3-5 guys) get in lawn chairs and drink a few cold beers and have a ball.   Cuss when the Dems do good, cheer when they do bad,  We toast when the Reps do good, and chugalug when they do bad.

I sit around with my family (most the kids are grown and gone) and watch the results. I may stay up til the next day like last year. Usually the results are apparent by Wednesday and I take everyone out to eat to celebrate our right to vote and our democracy. If my candidate wins, it’s usually a better night than if not. But win or lose, we go out to celebrate the fortune we have in living in a free country with a right to vote. My Mom started this tradition when Reagan won the first time, so I also do it in her honor. 

12 hours ago, Hagar said:

That sounds like a good time. I do something similar on the back porch. My son does some kind of magic to get a TV running back there and we sit out by the fire till they call it. 

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I sit around with my family (most the kids are grown and gone) and watch the results. I may stay up til the next day like last year. Usually the results are apparent by Wednesday and I take everyone out to eat to celebrate our right to vote and our democracy. If my candidate wins, it’s usually a better night than if not. But win or lose, we go out to celebrate the fortune we have in living in a free country with a right to vote. My Mom started this tradition when Reagan won the first time, so I also do it in her honor. 

That's an awesome tradition.