Can You Hear Me Now?

UT alum

10 minutes ago, stevenash said:

So those 190,000 would not be dead if Trump had spoken differently?

Plus all of the other ones around the globe. Orange man bad. 

I totally remember when every Dem was taking shots at him in January when he wanted to close our borders. He was xenophobic and overreacting, to quote the current democratic nominee for president.  

14 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

There’s no need to explain away somebody’s baseless allegations. 

He could, like every democratic in the land, be saying how climate change is the biggest threat facing the world today. Except in March we shut the world down for three weeks and suddenly you could see fish swimming in the canals in Venice. Air quality improved practically overnight in every metro area with a pollution problem. Apparently the left has (as reasonable people already knew) been fearmongering on the client change issue. 
The bottom line is this. In WWII, Winston Churchill downplayed the threats to Great Britain while the Germans were forming on the other side of the channel. It’s what great leaders do. Weak leaders exaggerate possible threats ( police violence, climate change, inequality) and great leaders minimize threats. 
But you don’t appear to follow any great leaders.... just crybabies. 

I’m sorry, Card, but you got your history wrong. I’m reading a book right now, “The Splendid and the Vile” by Eric Larsen. It is about the London Blitz and Churchill’s command of it. Chamberlain is the one who downplayed the threat. His lack of leadership failed miserably.  Churchill started sounding the alarm as soon as he became Prime Minister. Look into what he was saying well before The bombing started. He did not lie to his people.

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

What about the hundreds of thousands all around the world who died? Is it their leaders fault too, or is it just because this virus kills people?

If you look at the countries with the worst statistics, you’ll find leaders who are attempting authoritarian rule, like trump. Bolsonaro in Brazil. Modi in India. Leadership matters. The top three countries in infections and deaths. 

13 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Plus all of the other ones around the globe. Orange man bad. 

I totally remember when every Dem was taking shots at him in January when he wanted to close our borders. He was xenophobic and overreacting, to quote the current democratic nominee for president.  

It was xenophobic. The horse was already out of the barn, and trump did the only thing he knows how to do - stoke fear that others are responsible for bringing this to our shores and make himself look heroic by shutting borders. 

10 minutes ago, UT alum said:

It was xenophobic. The horse was already out of the barn, and trump did the only thing he knows how to do - stoke fear that others are responsible for bringing this to our shores and make himself look heroic by shutting borders. 

So I guess Trump is responsible for bringing  the China Flu to the other 184 countries too. 😂 😂 The WHO which is owned and manipulated by China said there was no human to human transmission of the China Flu in January. Facts can be Stubborn. 

40 minutes ago, Realville said:

So I guess Trump is responsible for bringing  the China Flu to the other 184 countries too. 😂 😂 The WHO which is owned and manipulated by China said there was no human to human transmission of the China Flu in January. Facts can be Stubborn. 

That explanation is unacceptable to the left.  All ills MUST be the fault of Trump.   Just saw a pic on facebook saying that two days after 9/11, Trump brought hundreds of his own people(at his own expense) to help find and identify bodies from the tragedy.  Yes, good leadership is a good thing.

51 minutes ago, Realville said:

Trump talked to Xi Jinping in the days before his lies. They knew. 
Pandemics are no one’s fault. The response to them is directly related to the quality of leadership on the national level.

12 minutes ago, stevenash said:

That explanation is unacceptable to the left.  All ills MUST be the fault of Trump.   Just saw a pic on facebook saying that two days after 9/11, Trump brought hundreds of his own people(at his own expense) to help find and identify bodies from the tragedy.  Yes, good leadership is a good thing.

He wasn’t a leader then. It was good PR. He does nothing that will not benefit him personally.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

You just did it yourself! 

1. Trump downplayed it!!! People died!!!!

2. All Trump knows how to do is stoke fear!!!!

oh, the irony. 

Pandemics are no one’s fault. The response to them is directly related to the quality of leadership on the national level.

Do you really think the Chinese president told him the truth? You think Hillary would have got the truth from him? She would still have us in full shutdown. Drinking rain water and struggling to wipe our butts with leaves. It would be a dirty winter. Or maybe not, I'm sure some other better qualified Republican would give her the boot in Nov.

Wrong! This pandemic was the trustworthy Xi Jinping fault. He could have shut down his country when he knew the severity of the China Flu. Word to the wise.....you do know he’s a communist. As the great Ronald Reagan use to say “Trust but Verify”. Only problem was China would not let our CDC in to evaluate the situation. Try again scooter.

18 hours ago, UT alum said:

The job is the test. Trump’s failed.

UT Alum- Who would have provided the proper "leadership" and what would have been done that would saved a substantial amount of lives compared to what we have today?  You have made lots of accusations- now its time to give a meaningful and truthful response to this question

2 hours ago, Realville said:

Wrong! This pandemic was the trustworthy Xi Jinping fault. He could have shut down his country when he knew the severity of the China Flu. Word to the wise.....you do know he’s a communist. As the great Ronald Reagan use to say “Trust but Verify”. Only problem was China would not let our CDC in to evaluate the situation. Try again scooter.

So is Putin, Real. 

There is no defense in your world. Only excuses.

2 hours ago, Realville said:

Again. Trump admitted to downplaying the severity of the illness. He knew thst it was more deadly than the flu, yet he called it a Democratic hoax. Listen to the tape. It is his fault.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

UT Alum- Who would have provided the proper "leadership" and what would have been done that would saved a substantial amount of lives compared to what we have today?  You have made lots of accusations- now its time to give a meaningful and truthful response to this question

Wear masks, limit crowds, testing, quarantine, and contact tracing. Kind of like Germany did. 

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

So the deed was not good because you think it benefited him personally?

The deed was good. The motive is what I’m talking about. If trump knew the virus spread through the air, why did he hold the rally in Tulsa, removing the social distance signs and discouraging masks?  Because he doesn’t care about anyone but himself. Was he on the floor shaking hands? No one got close to him without protection.  

Again, I’m waiting for a defense. Over 1000 views here, no defense yet offered. 

5 minutes ago, UT alum said:

The deed was good. The motive is what I’m talking about. If trump knew the virus spread through the air, why did he hold the rally in Tulsa, removing the social distance signs and discouraging masks?  Because he doesn’t care about anyone but himself. Was he on the floor shaking hands? No one got close to him without protection.  

Again, I’m waiting for a defense. Over 1000 views here, no defense yet offered. 

I’ll leave this right here.