MLB player stands alone. Let it begin...

5GallonBucket

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Colin Kaepernick has a right to his opinion and nobody wants to see other humans being needlessly injured by the police. 

I just disagree with a protest that does more to push people away from your cause than to unify it. There are countless ways to get the point across without alienating so many who would actually support your cause if the delivery wasn’t offensive.

How badly has Kap and the BLM screwed up their delivery if we now have people out protesting and even shooting each other over something that we all fundamentally agree upon?

Kaepertwit wearing socks that depicted cops as pigs is all one needs to know about that jackass!!

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Colin Kaepernick has a right to his opinion and nobody wants to see other humans being needlessly injured by the police. 

I just disagree with a protest that does more to push people away from your cause than to unify it. There are countless ways to get the point across without alienating so many who would actually support your cause if the delivery wasn’t offensive.

How badly has Kap and the BLM screwed up their delivery if we now have people out protesting and even shooting each other over something that we all fundamentally agree upon?

Perfect point. But, by and large, BLM and Kap are hate merchants. The more divisiveness, the more dollars and support. If everyone is happy, then the true goal of dismantling our capitalist republic goes bye bye. 

12 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Same here, I love baseball but haven’t watched the first pitch this year.  Will be the same with the NFL in the fall.  If college athletes start this crap, that will be the end of that as well.

Well luckily for me I spend my weekends outside....especially saturdays.

and for night games Tv will be off....me and my family gonna break out the board games.

49 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

It will only get worse. The current crop of sports management majors are being slammed with an extreme liberal agenda. 

We already have sports journalist with agendas and now we have sports franchises with day to day operations employees that have been indoctrinated as well.  

NFL owners are more conservative. They love money more though.

11 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I think the protests will die down by week 4 in most spots.

I just wonder how much damage will be done by then? I don’t watch the NBA, so they’re not affected. I hear so many people complaining about the NFL and promising to tune out. I strongly believe that the protests were a major reason for the decline in viewership and attendance in the last few years. i think it’ll be much worse now... even people like me who love the sport are talking about tuning out. 
Same thing with NASCAR’s anti Southern push. Are they gonna generate new fans to replace the ones that are leaving? Most of those soy boys in Seattle don’t look like roundy-round fans to me. 

Owners are allowing this and the commissioner is pushing it.  Good try on attempting to make a point that really has no value in lessening mine.  Plus, look at the networks those owners are partnered with, advertisers giving in to this that they are connected with, and media loving this foolishness. 

They very well are more conservative than players and many new employees, but those people have influence. 

Their pandering to the supposed social justice warriors is actually costing those owners money. Be the NFL owner that opposes this and be prepared for the weight of the liberal media to pound you while other that agree with your stance will sit silently.  

Many feel they have no choice but to take it. Each is scared to be the one to stand up to it. 

Example of fear for me. I would feel very safe driving in Houston with a Biden sticker, but not a Trump.  Damn shame, but true. 

Look the nfl is rich powerful and business wise smart. The NFL might lose a few fans. The first wave of protest was shot down strongly by nfl. Hitting players with fines black balling kap. The NFL now realizes that the majority will still watch. And it’s not worth pissing off TV sponsors and and big sponsors trying to please a small group. The NFL doesn’t hold a viewpoint. They simply follow the money.

I’m sure they talked with there financial people who ensured them this is the best route.

1 hour ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Their pandering to the supposed social justice warriors is actually costing those owners money. Be the NFL owner that opposes this and be prepared for the weight of the liberal media to pound you while other that agree with your stance will sit silently.  

Many feel they have no choice but to take it. Each is scared to be the one to stand up to it. 

Example of fear for me. I would feel very safe driving in Houston with a Biden sticker, but not a Trump.  Damn shame, but true. 

No denying that.

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Look the nfl is rich powerful and business wise smart. The NFL might lose a few fans. The first wave of protest was shot down strongly by nfl. Hitting players with fines black balling kap. The NFL now realizes that the majority will still watch. And it’s not worth pissing off TV sponsors and and big sponsors trying to please a small group. The NFL doesn’t hold a viewpoint. They simply follow the money.

I’m sure they talked with there financial people who ensured them this is the best route.

I couldn’t agree more. They are pulling an Abraham Lincoln.