Floyd Died From An Overdose Of Fentanyl - Not From Being Choked Out By Minneapolis Police!

Reagan

12 minutes ago, NetCat said:

You gave a theory on why crime is bad in cities.

He gave you an expert opinion (guy in article was a lawyer for 20 years) that refuted your theory.

He's not asking you to summarize, he's asking you to back up your opinion with...anything that's not just conjecture.

Him being a lawyer doesn’t make him a expert in sociology. His thoughts are the same as any conservative. His numbers are off. That’s probably because he’s guestimating. He has a political agenda and he’s doing his job correctly. As far as what I’ve said on this topic. It still stands true more condensed population is going to have more crime. He said nothing to refute that. He did refute another theory I believe which is people who live in poverty are more subjective to a life of crime. He didn’t give any facts or data to back that up. He just simply stated his opinion. I guess since he’s a politician who was once a lawyer (neither profession is particularly known to be honest) his word is better than mine lol 

11 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Him being a lawyer doesn’t make him a expert in sociology. His thoughts are the same as any conservative. His numbers are off. That’s probably because he’s guestimating. He has a political agenda and he’s doing his job correctly. As far as what I’ve said on this topic. It still stands true more condensed population is going to have more crime. He said nothing to refute that. He did refute another theory I believe which is people who live in poverty are more subjective to a life of crime. He didn’t give any facts or data to back that up. He just simply stated his opinion. I guess since he’s a politician who was once a lawyer (neither profession is particularly known to be honest) his word is better than mine lol 

In a court of law, when talking of crime, he would be considered an expert witness (which is why I said it in the first place).

You say his numbers are off...based off what evidence? 

Also while he may not (or may be) an expert on sociology, being a trial lawyer should mean he knows more about it than the average person right? 

And you still did not back up your opinion.

19 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

If you are correct that there is a direct correlation between population and crime, do you think that large cities should reduce crime by defunding law enforcement or enhancing it?

2 minutes ago, stevenash said:

If you are correct that there is a direct correlation between population and crime, do you think that large cities should reduce crime by defunding law enforcement or enhancing it?

We never discussed this in the first place. I guess I’m supposed to read your mind smh.  So what is “defunding law enforcement”? 

1 minute ago, Setx fan said:

We never discussed this in the first place. I guess I’m supposed to read your mind smh.  So what is “defunding law enforcement”? 

If you do not know what defunding law enforcement is ( and I know you do)( it's part of the "cause") you are ill equipped for this discussion.   And, by the way, Mr. Gowdy has a conversance and cognizance of crime that makes his opinion far more informed than yours.

5 minutes ago, NetCat said:

In a court of law, when talking of crime, he would be considered an expert witness (which is why I said it in the first place).

You say his numbers are off...based off what evidence? 

Also while he may not (or may be) an expert on sociology, being a trial lawyer should mean he knows more about it than the average person right? 

And you still did not back up your opinion.

My guy you made it seem like he refuted what I said when he didn’t even address the theory I brought up. He was refuting some politician in NYC blaming the crime spurt on a “bread” shortage or some bs lol. If you want to you can go look up crime rates and there correlation to population and condensity if common sense doesn’t tell you that smh.

Just now, Setx fan said:

My guy you made it seem like he refuted what I said when he didn’t even address the theory I brought up. He was refuting some politician in NYC blaming the crime spurt on a “bread” shortage or some bs lol. If you want to you can go look up crime rates and there correlation to population and condensity if common sense doesn’t tell you that smh.

I wish you would just back up your opinions, then we could really discuss them in detail. 

Who knows, maybe my assumptions are wrong, but you aren't really trying to get us to see your side of it so I don't know. 

3 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Maybe refuted was the wrong word for me to use. 

He put forth an alternative theory that makes more sense to me, and he backs it up with experience and numbers. 

Give us more on your theory. 

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

If you do not know what defunding law enforcement is ( and I know you do)( it's part of the "cause") you are ill equipped for this discussion.   And, by the way, Mr. Gowdy has a conversance and cognizance of crime that makes his opinion far more informed than yours.

Well yea... I’m I’ll equipped lol. And I don’t care how many pieces of paper someone has. That doesn’t qualify them to do my thinking for me lol. 

Just now, NetCat said:

Maybe refuted was the wrong word for me to use. 

He put forth an alternative theory that makes more sense to me, and he backs it up with experience and numbers. 

Give us more on your theory. 

There are many variables that go into crime rates. It’s just not one reason. And just because he throws some numbers out there that doesn’t make them correct. 

5 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Well yea... I’m I’ll equipped lol. And I don’t care how many pieces of paper someone has. That doesn’t qualify them to do my thinking for me lol. 

Sorry, but the "pieces of paper" ( that you are attempting to belittle) pales in comparison to the many years involved in dealing with/through law enforcement.

3 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

There are many variables that go into crime rates. It’s just not one reason. And just because he throws some numbers out there that doesn’t make them correct. 

Throwing numbers out there is not worthy but saying that a crowded populace has a large impact on crime is?

4 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Throwing numbers out there is not worthy but saying that a crowded populace has a large impact on crime is?

Did you go check the numbers he put out there? Did you check crime rates as it correlates to population? Or are you just taking his word and underminding mine? 

23 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Does Anniston Alabama ( as per the article) have a large population?

2 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

What’s their population? 

The article stated the population.   It has a high crime rate thus going against your suggestion that high crime rates are attributable to a crowded populace.  This all began because you contend that whoever is running the city has little to do with crime.   Portland, and Seattle continue to have rioting problems along with Minneapolis.   Which side of the political spectrum operates those cities?

Here’s the deal.... people always want to find “reasons” or “causes” at which to point blame. More crime does happen in more densely populated areas of the US. There are plenty of densely populated areas around the globe without the crime problems. 
There are high crime rates where ever lots of people commit lots of crimes. There are TONS of crimes committed  inside of our prisons where there is no wealth or poverty. Maybe it’s just because that’s where the criminals hang out?

Its a vicious circle of blame. I’m a little overweight. I can blame Coke for using so much sugar. I can blame restaurants for the large portion sizes and lack of healthy choices. I can blame the food industry for pricing healthy foods higher than junk food. I can point at racism as an underlying cause if I’m black.  I can blame the healthcare system for not doing more to address wellness and prevention. 
But at the end of the day, we all know that I need to eat less and move around more. At the end of the day, my condition is a product of my choices. We’d all be a lot better off if we’d accept that. 

13 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Here’s the deal.... people always want to find “reasons” or “causes” at which to point blame. More crime does happen in more densely populated areas of the US. There are plenty of densely populated areas around the globe without the crime problems. 
There are high crime rates where ever lots of people commit lots of crimes. There are TONS of crimes committed  inside of our prisons where there is no wealth or poverty. Maybe it’s just because that’s where the criminals hang out?

Its a vicious circle of blame. I’m a little overweight. I can blame Coke for using so much sugar. I can blame restaurants for the large portion sizes and lack of healthy choices. I can blame the food industry for pricing healthy foods higher than junk food. I can point at racism as an underlying cause if I’m black.  I can blame the healthcare system for not doing more to address wellness and prevention. 
But at the end of the day, we all know that I need to eat less and move around more. At the end of the day, my condition is a product of my choices. We’d all be a lot better off if we’d accept that. 

I’m gonna pledge to lose 5lbs. CB. Starting tomorrow. We got 2 weeks. You in?

20 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m gonna pledge to lose 5lbs. CB. Starting tomorrow. We got 2 weeks. You in?

I’ve lost 15 pounds since the virus hit in March. I walk a 1/4 of a mile then jog a 1/4 and repeat for 3.5 miles. I do this 4 or 5 days a week. It takes about 45 minutes for me to finish. I feel a lot better and I don’t look like a piece of boudain in my shirts anymore.

47 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I’ve lost 15 pounds since the virus hit in March. I walk a 1/4 of a mile then jog a 1/4 and repeat for 3.5 miles. I do this 4 or 5 days a week. It takes about 45 minutes for me to finish. I feel a lot better and I don’t look like a piece of boudain in my shirts anymore.

You go!

19 hours ago, stevenash said:

The article stated the population.   It has a high crime rate thus going against your suggestion that high crime rates are attributable to a crowded populace.  This all began because you contend that whoever is running the city has little to do with crime.   Portland, and Seattle continue to have rioting problems along with Minneapolis.   Which side of the political spectrum operates those cities?

I’ve said plenty times there are several factors that go into crime rates. Population being the main one. Politics having nothing to do with it. 

Anniston Alabama has a population of 21000 and steadily declining. They also have a low population density at 494/sq mile. But there are other factors. The main one in my opinion is that they have a metro population of over 100000. Another being they have a high poverty rate of 30%. They also have a low marriage rate of 35%. All these things weighed in they normally have anywhere from 4 to 14 murders each year regardless of who’s in office. 

Nederland Texas population is a little smaller at 17600. But they are also 6 times as dense at 3000/sq mile. Nederland doesn’t have much of a metro population. Nederland has really low poverty rate of 7% and a very solid marriage rate of 50%. Nederland may have 1 or 2 murders every 5 years 

Orange Texas has a population of 18200 with a density of around 820/sq mile. Orange doesn’t have much metro pop. Orange has a 22% poverty rate. Orange has a 42% marriage rate. Orange has 1-4 murders each year.

Vidor Texas has a population of 10500 and 870/sq mile. Vidor doesn’t have metro population. Vidor has a 21% poverty rate but Vidor has a good marriage rate at 53%. Vidor has 1 or 2 murders per year. 

Beaumont Texas pop is over 100000 with a 1500/sq mile density. BMT metro pop is over 400000. Poverty rate is 19% and I can’t remember what the marriage rate is. Beaumont has 10-18 murders each year. 

Port Authur Texas population is around 50000. PAT has a density of 800/sq mile. The metro pop is over 400000. Poverty rate is at 30% and the marriage rate is at 41%. PAT has 4-16 murders each year.

Woodville Texas has a population of 2500 with a density of 770/sq mile. Woodville has no metro population and poverty rate of around 22%. Marriage rate at 38%. Woodville has maybe one murder every 5 years. 

Chicago has a population of 2600000 with a super high density of 12000/sq mile. Chicago’s metro pop is around 10000000. Chicago has a 20% poverty rate and 35% marriage rate. Chicago has 500-700 murders each year. 

New York City’s population is 8.25 M with a density of 27k/mile. Metro pop is around 19 M. NYC’s poverty rate is 17%. The marriage rate is 40%. NYC was once doing 1000-2000 murders each year during the 80s. While the conservative savior was in office in the late 90s the rate declined as it did in the rest of the country. When he left in 2001 it was at around 600 murders per year. Since he’s been gone it has remained at 270-500 murders per year although there has been some crazy lefty screwing things up lol. 

So now that you have some real factors to look at other than political parties what do you think the main factors are for crime rates?