Floyd Died From An Overdose Of Fentanyl - Not From Being Choked Out By Minneapolis Police!

Reagan

I think this is where somebody I know says " I am not impressed by someone throwing out a few figures", I have my own opinion.  But I will maintain that how a municipality deals with/handles crimes has a direct  impact on the volume of said crimes.  As I asked before, and you so conveniently deflected from, what parties are responsible for the operation of Minneapolis, Seattle, and Portland?

8 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I’ve said plenty times there are several factors that go into crime rates. Population being the main one. Politics having nothing to do with it. 

Anniston Alabama has a population of 21000 and steadily declining. They also have a low population density at 494/sq mile. But there are other factors. The main one in my opinion is that they have a metro population of over 100000. Another being they have a high poverty rate of 30%. They also have a low marriage rate of 35%. All these things weighed in they normally have anywhere from 4 to 14 murders each year regardless of who’s in office. 

Nederland Texas population is a little smaller at 176000. But they are also 6 times as dense at 3000/sq mile. Nederland doesn’t have much of a metro population. Nederland has really low poverty rate of 7% and a very solid marriage rate of 50%. Nederland may have 1 or 2 murders every 5 years 

Orange Texas has a population of 18200 with a density of around 820/sq mile. Orange doesn’t have much metro pop. Orange has a 22% poverty rate. Orange has a 42% marriage rate. Orange has 1-4 murders each year.

Vidor Texas has a population of 10500 and 870/sq mile. Vidor doesn’t have metro population. Vidor has a 21% poverty rate but Vidor has a good marriage rate at 53%. Vidor has 1 or 2 murders per year. 

Beaumont Texas pop is over 100000 with a 1500/sq mile density. BMT metro pop is over 400000. Poverty rate is 19% and I can’t remember what the marriage rate is. Beaumont has 10-18 murders each year. 

Port Authur Texas population is around 50000. PAT has a density of 800/sq mile. The metro pop is over 400000. Poverty rate is at 30% and the marriage rate is at 41%. PAT has 4-16 murders each year.

Woodville Texas has a population of 2500 with a density of 770/sq mile. Woodville has no metro population and poverty rate of around 22%. Marriage rate at 38%. Woodville has maybe one murder every 5 years. 

Chicago has a population of 2600000 with a super high density of 12000/sq mile. Chicago’s metro pop is around 10000000. Chicago has a 20% poverty rate and 35% marriage rate. Chicago has 500-700 murders each year. 

New York City’s population is 8.25 M with a density of 27k/mile. Metro pop is around 19 M. NYC’s poverty rate is 17%. The marriage rate is 40%. NYC was once doing 1000-2000 murders each year during the 80s. While the conservative savior was in office in the late 90s the rate declined as it did in the rest of the country. When he left in 2001 it was at around 600 murders per year. Since he’s been gone it has remained at 270-500 murders per year although there has been some crazy lefty screwing things up lol. 

So now that you have some real factors to look at other than political parties what do you think the main factors are for crime rates? 

Hey hey! A post that has something besides just opinion! 

I'm gonna read it and do some research before answering.

Where did you get the numbers? So I can go look at some other cities. 

31 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I think this is where somebody I know says " I am not impressed by someone throwing out a few figures", I have my own opinion.  But I will maintain that how a municipality deals with/handles crimes has a direct  impact on the volume of said crimes.  As I asked before, and you so conveniently deflected from, what parties are responsible for the operation of Minneapolis, Seattle, and Portland?

What major cities are not ran by democrats? Find some major cities not ran by democrats then we can compare apples to oranges. You can’t compare a Democrat running a city with millions of people to a republican running a city with 10000. That’s insane 

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Kinda reminds me of a old joke about Mr Jones running a stop sign. Mr Jones was pulled over by a police officer one day.  Police officer approached the car an asked Mr Jones “Do you know why I pulled you over?” Mr Jones said “No”. Police officer said “you ran that last stop sign”. Mr Jones said “no I didn’t, I slowed down I didn’t just run it!” Police Officer said “step out of the car please “. Mr Jones got out of the car an the Police Officer started beating Mr Jones over the head with his stick then he asked Mr Jones “Do you want me to slow down or stop?” Then the Officer said see the difference between slowing down and stopping? We can slow down the Chaos or we can Stop the Chaos depends on the leadership of the city. By the way Mr  Jones was White. 😁

4 hours ago, stevenash said:

4 hours ago, Setx fan said:

What major cities are not ran by democrats? Find some major cities not ran by democrats then we can compare apples to oranges. You can’t compare a Democrat running a city with millions of people to a republican running a city with 10000. That’s insane 

Semi Major Republican Cities

The largest city ran by republicans is San Diego California. San Diego has a population of 1.45 M. San D boast of having the least crime of the 10 largest cities although it is only the 8th largest city. San D has a population density of 4500/sq mile and a metro population of 3.3 M. San D has a 14% poverty rate and a 44% marriage rate. San D has 30-35 murders per year. 

Fort Worth Texas has a population of 930000. 2700/sq mile. A metro pop of 7.8 M. A 17% poverty rate and a 45 percent marriage rate. FW has 45-70 murders each year.

Jacksonville Florida has a population of 926000 at 1200/sq mile. It has a metro pop of 1.6 M. It has a 15% poverty rate and a 43% marriage rate. JV has 70-110 murders each year.

Oklahoma City has a pop of 650000. 1100/sq mile. It has a metro pop of 1.5 M. OKC has a poverty rate of 17% and a marriage rate of 46%. OKC has 45-85 murders each year.

Semi Large Democratic Cities

Dallas Texas has a population of 1.4 M at 4000/sq mile. Dallas has a metro pop of 7.8 M. The poverty rate is 20% and the marriage rate is 40%. Dallas has 100-200 murders each year.

Portland Oregon’s population is 664000 at 5000/sq mile. It has a metro pop of 2.5 M. Portland’s poverty rate is 15% and its marriage rate is 41%. Portland has 15-30 murders each year. 

Detroit Michigan has a population of 667000. A population density of 4800/sq mile and a metro pop of 4.4 M. Detroit has a super high poverty rate of 36% and a super low marriage rate of 23%. Detroit has anywhere from 250 to 400 murders each year. 

Denver Colorado has a population of 734000 at 4800/sq mile. Denver has a metro population of 3 M. It also has a poverty rate of 14% and a marriage rate of 40%. Denver has 20-65 murders each year. 

9 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Where is Baltimore, Atlanta, Detroit, and Minneapolis?  By the way, more than murder defines the crime tendency of a city.  Semi Republican"?  "Semi Democrat"?  I have a hunch that semi has a definition that you constructed yourself

Semi is referring to the size of the cities. The biggest city on the list is the 8th largest in the U.S. I only consider the top 10 major cities so these are mostly semi major. Just something to look at considering all the variables we’ve discussed so you can look at it and decide for yourself which variables make a bigger difference. 

10 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Semi is referring to the size of the cities. The biggest city on the list is the 8th largest in the U.S. I only consider the top 10 major cities so these are mostly semi major. Just something to look at considering all the variables we’ve discussed so you can look at it and decide for yourself which variables make a bigger difference. 

You only consider the top 10 major cities but present your stats on semi majors?

So you dont want to analyze anything that might have negative connotations for the dems?  Why wont you answer the question posed to you by me and another board poster.  That being, which side of the political spectrum is responsible for the day to day operations of Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Detroit, Atlanta, Baltimore, New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago to name a few.

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

So you dont want to analyze anything that might have negative connotations for the dems?  Why wont you answer the question posed to you by me and another board poster.  That being, which side of the political spectrum is responsible for the day to day operations of Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Detroit, Atlanta, Baltimore, New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago to name a few.

I don care nothing about the democrats my guy. I just compared closely contrasted populations so you could have something to look at. And of course all the  major cities in America are ran by democrats. I’ve been saying that smh. I just went and dug up some semi major cities ran by republicans and gave you some cities of comparable size ran by democrats to compare them to. Point being it doesn’t make a difference which political party the mayor of the city belongs to. What makes the difference is factors like population, poverty, fatherlessness, and population density amongst others. But instead you want to deflect and talk to me about some demoncrats and republiklans lol. Oh well 

They mayors of Seattle and Portland, who have both totally accepted/tolerated the violent demonstrations and riots, have done so at the behest of their Democratic mayors.  They have also refused federal assistance in dealing with the issues.  I will suggest to you that neither instance has any relation to population density or fatherlessness but rather a tacit approval of the aforementioned behavior by those who run the cities and the culture mentioned by the original article I posted.  Can you convince me that the seven weeks of violent and destructive demonstrations are because those folks just happen to be more concerned with the death of Mr. Floyd than other cities?

17 minutes ago, stevenash said:

They mayors of Seattle and Portland, who have both totally accepted/tolerated the violent demonstrations and riots, have done so at the behest of their Democratic mayors.  They have also refused federal assistance in dealing with the issues.  I will suggest to you that neither instance has any relation to population density or fatherlessness but rather a tacit approval of the aforementioned behavior by those who run the cities and the culture mentioned by the original article I posted.  Can you convince me that the seven weeks of violent and destructive demonstrations are because those folks just happen to be more concerned with the death of Mr. Floyd than other cities?

Since when did we start talking about protest? Last I remember we were talking about crime rates. Of course democrats are going to be more open to protesting and I don’t care either way long as their not touching me , my family, or my personal property. 

14 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Since when did we start talking about protest? Last I remember we were talking about crime rates. Of course democrats are going to be more open to protesting and I don’t care either way long as their not touching me , my family, or my personal property. 

Democrats are accepting much more than protesting. 

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Democrats are accepting much more than protesting. 

Heck California was letting sexual predators out during covid......

And hair salon owners getting arrested.

the fact that people try to justify democrats shows how far evil has taken over.

i mean the liberal group believe killing babies is ok.  YOU SICK INDIVIDUALS

If you don’t have a problem with What’s in bold then your heart is evil

Liberals paraded a criminal in a glass casket thru town then gave his family an American flag as if he died during combat dishonoring soldiers ...for a flag they want to disrespect.

writing is on the wall, wake up!!!!!  You don’t have to like trump. Heck I don’t like some things about him..... 

democrats are not there to help you like you think....they use word play and people fall for it.

41 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Heck California was letting sexual predators out during covid......

And hair salon owners getting arrested.

the fact that people try to justify democrats shows how far evil has taken over.

i mean the liberal group believe killing babies is ok.  YOU SICK INDIVIDUALS

If you don’t have a problem with What’s in bold then your heart is evil

Liberals paraded a criminal in a glass casket thru town then gave his family an American flag as if he died during combat dishonoring soldiers ...for a flag they want to disrespect.

writing is on the wall, wake up!!!!!  You don’t have to like trump. Heck I don’t like some things about him..... 

democrats are not there to help you like you think....they use word play and people fall for it.

Preach bother!!! Heck, I think you should run for President of the USA. You have my vote.

12 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

Preach bother!!! Heck, I think you should run for President of the USA. You have my vote

I don’t know enough qualified people to put in cabinet positions.  Plus I like my quiet place in the woods too much surrounded by Mother Nature.

oh and I forgot to add. That if dems cared so much about the people why would they try to line their pockets and add all this unnecessary stuff in the 1st stimulus bill. Why couldn’t the stimulus just be for the people.  Holding people hostage to get what they want.

i really could go on and on with examples but what’s the use. Some people have been seeing some take a lil longer and some are just lost