Crosby at Angleton Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

Crosby has some talented kids on their team. QB has a lot of potential, but their offense had trouble moving the ball consistantly. Angletons defense looked really good. Crosby’s two scores were from quick screens that caught Angleton on blitzes. Crosby’s defense had trouble stopping Angletons offense. They consistently moved the ball on long drives both on the ground and through the air. All in all, good first scrimmage for both teams predicted to be ranked teams during the season.

14 hours ago, ATWILDCAT said:

Crosby has some talented kids on their team. QB has a lot of potential, but their offense had trouble moving the ball consistantly. Angletons defense looked really good. Crosby’s two scores were from quick screens that caught Angleton on blitzes. Crosby’s defense had trouble stopping Angletons offense. They consistently moved the ball on long drives both on the ground and through the air. All in all, good first scrimmage for both teams predicted to be ranked teams during the season.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Angleton is extremely physical and player for player probably the best team we would line up with even if we were to make a state championship run. 

Angleton moved it well on Crosby during the controlled portion of the scrimmage but I think one of the instances you’re talking about them moving it through the air was #11 catching that TD over the middle? QB was looking back of the end zone and most likely a pick but #11 jumped up underneath and caught it. QB made some good throws and looks a lot better since we played him as a freshman. 

Crosby is breaking in new rbs and o-linemen, it was going to be learning curve regardless. Y’all made it damn near impossible to run the ball, so scoring off screens when you’re caught in blitzes is what we do. I would argue Crosby missed two more scoring opportunities when the qb underthrew a wide open #10 down the sideline in the controlled potion and also in the live portion when he threw the screen into the dirt when Crosby had y’all caught blitzing again. You can put those on the board a couple weeks from now. Deep threat that wasn’t playing would’ve helped but oh well. 

Good scrimmage by both teams, most importantly nobody got hurt that I saw. I would say Angleton looked a little better than Crosby at his point in the season, still very optimistic about where I think Crosby can end up if we improve on couple of things.

Oh yeah, Crosby is going to be a tough team to beat. QB is solid and can scramble, but need to work on that run game. That will come in time. 

I was worried about our run game after losing BJ Foster and Tamerik Williams, but those 3 or 4 rbs that Angleton have are all tough runners with good speed. I think we’ll be ok there. 

As far as injuries, I didn’t see anyone get hurt last night for both teams other than our TE #11 take a wicked shot going up for a catch down the middle and getting hit in mid air. He held on to the ball but came back to the sideline afterward. Looked like maybe he got the wind knocked out because the trainer really wasn’t working on anything on him so maybe that’s all it was. Well I hope so because he’s our QB’s favorite receiver. Anyway good luck to Crosby. To bad we won’t meet again because I think you all are in division 2.

14 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Ok believe that if u want 

Scrimmages are where you find your depth guys or maybe even replace a starter. If someone sucks in two scrimmages, its your early warning sign that this may not work out. It has a purpose, otherwise, no one would do it.  The only thing that doesn't mean anything is the score.