Liltex

bronco pride

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Just heard Bobby has passed away.  Prayers for the family!

I have just heard the same. 

I hope that I am posting this and I will hear a "just kidding" but I fear I won't. 

There was no truer high school football fan than Mr. Bobby Griffin.  He certainly loved his Dayton Broncos but you'd see him in Crosby, in Beaumont and ALL over Southeast Texas as there was no team in this area that he didn't support.  This was despite having a number of war related injuries and a number of health problems.

Prayers to his wife and family.   As soon as I find funeral and visitation information, I will post it here.

Man look, I really don't know what to say.  I'm at a loss of words, really...  over the years, I've built a really good relationship with him...  sports talks, the post game show...  just last year, the man came and gave me a jump when I was stranded on the highway in his neck of the woods in the moss hill area.  

Many prayers sent to his wife and family.. 

High School football lost a true fan and a lot of history.  Very few if any knew more about the local football scene than Bobby.  He was my fathers 1st cousin.  I would always get in trouble with my side of the family because when they found out I saw him or was going somewhere he was at they would always ask about him and family.  They would always ask about him or certain family members on that side and my response was always the same.....I don't know, but I can tell you why Dayton lost or won last night. RIP my friend,  enjoy from the good seats now my friend!