Silsbee 72 Beaumont Central 69/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Is not playing

This is not that big of a loss. He is athletic to an extent but not a very skilled basketball player. Unless you're impressed by slightly above average ball handling and the occasional dunk. He would have had to made significant improvements over the spring and summer since his departure from Cleveland for this statement to be untrue.    

43 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

The issue of his eligibility is far from resolved, that I can tell you.  As far as how big of a loss it is for the time being, I think any school losing a kid with multiple D1 offers wouldn't fit the description "not that big of a loss."  

If he has multiple D1 offers, it furthers the point of the demise of college basketball and the negative impact AAU continues to have on this wonderful game.

8 minutes ago, indian15/16 said:

If he has multiple D1 offers, it furthers the point of the demise of college basketball and the negative impact AAU continues to have on this wonderful game.

He was the best player on Cleveland's team as a freshman and sophomore.  Them grapes must be sour!  

As for the demise of the game, I guess I would take the opinions of the coaches making the offers to random internet posters...

22 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

He was the best player on Cleveland's team as a freshman and sophomore.  Them grapes must be sour!  

As for the demise of the game, I guess I would take the opinions of the coaches making the offers to random internet posters...

His leaving bothered me not at all.....

Will do Santa....not another word from me on the topic...moving on

NOTHING TO DO WITH THE KID!!!!! But college coaches dont always get it right, cant say you trust their judgement or we wouldn't have 800+ kids transferring every year & the coaches being removed because they cant win. Im just saying these coaches dont get to evaluate these kids enough off of 4 tournaments when their trying to see 15 other kids as well, NCAA is crooked but hey it big business so would you expect anything else....

On 11/30/2016 at 5:36 PM, TxHoops said:

The issue of his eligibility is far from resolved, that I can tell you.  As far as how big of a loss it is for the time being, I think any school losing a kid with multiple D1 offers wouldn't fit the description "not that big of a loss."  

If his eligibility is still up in the air, how come he isn't playing jv to be ready for possibly being declared eligible?

17 minutes ago, ST413 said:

If his eligibility is still up in the air, how come he isn't playing jv to be ready for possibly being declared eligible?

I'm not going to share personal info of a kid but he hasn't been declared ineligible by the DEC.  (In fact the reverse was true.). It's a convoluted mess and hopefully will be resolved shortly.  He is working to be ready when he is cleared.  

Hard to speculate this and could be far from the truth but Central played a tough game to silsbee who just lost by 4 to the 6A #1 team. I know you can't compare scores of multiple teams and say that one team can compete with another based on scores, but that game between Wagner and Silsbee has to say something about this Central team.

7 hours ago, undiscovered said:

Hard to speculate this and could be far from the truth but Central played a tough game to silsbee who just lost by 4 to the 6A #1 team. I know you can't compare scores of multiple teams and say that one team can compete with another based on scores, but that game between Wagner and Silsbee has to say something about this Central team.

Central is a good team & I think they are ranked a bit low in the SETX rankings.

But at the end of the day these recent games tell us the following:

• Silsbee is better than Central
  • SA Wagner is better than Silsbee

• 2 weeks later...