Silsbee 72 Beaumont Central 69/FINAL

WOSgrad

19 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

One thing about it.  He's not going to be rattled in any high school game.  Used to going up against the best in the country in the summers and almost always draws the other team's best perimeter defender.  

That's the little bro. Been seeing him grow since he was 11 years old. He played the best game tonight. JMO. 

I won't necessarily say this was closer than expected.  It was closer than it could or should have been.   Those blown dunks  cost us a margin that wouldnt have come down to the last possession.  And a couple mistakes late that are pretty uncharacteristic of the player gave the jags a couple extra chances.  Hats off to Central for a good game and to my Tigers for holding on.  I also feel that tonight may have been our worse game so far this year from the ft line.

As far as the refs there was a lot of confusion. After the missed ft at the end of the game Central rebounded and everyone was hollering that the clock never started as he went down court.   One ref blew the whistle to stop play and set the clock.  While he was at the scorers table the other refs had the players at the line saying 2 fts.  And in the end it I thought they added more time to the clock instead of taking any off.

Silsbee played a little out of control at times tonight tigers tried to show out in front of the crowd instead of totally being focused silsbee could have pulled away on different occasions but they allowed things to happen missing free throws and dunks and lay ups central will get plenty of calls at home all the calls allowed central to stay in the game because the tigers could not run like they usually do and blow teams out central played very well but really could not handle the tigers pressure tigers are fortunate to win. Them dam refs that's all I'm going to say.

12 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

Silsbee played a little out of control at times tonight tigers tried to show out in front of the crowd instead of totally being focused silsbee could have pulled away on different occasions but they allowed things to happen missing free throws and dunks and lay ups central will get plenty of calls at home all the calls allowed central to stay in the game because the tigers could not run like they usually do and blow teams out central played very well but really could not handle the tigers pressure tigers are fortunate to win. Them dam refs that's all I'm going to say.

The foul count was pretty even...  maybe the tiger's turnover total needs to be addressed....

34 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That's what I was gonna say...  if they're missing dunks,then maybe they just aren't good dunkers and need to just lay the ball up...  I don't know if it was a message they were wanting to send,  it lay the ball in and take those points vs the emphatic dunk...

Always take the easy layup over the dunk attempt. A missed dunk is an easy 4 point swing in the wrong direction. But this is much easier to say as an adult than a teenager playing in a high profile game. Good win Tigers over a good Central team.