Silsbee 72 Beaumont Central 69/FINAL

WOSgrad

20 minutes ago, winwin said:

How many did Kobe finish with?

17 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Had to be close to 30. If I had to say 26. It was efficient too. 

My understanding is Kobe finished with 31.  Not sure the breakdown but as ccs said, I heard it was efficient.  That is pretty impressive against that Tiger D.  

35 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I would like to see Devon McCain score more myself. I think he has a super talent and needs to take more shots. He can drop 30 at anytime. 

He has games where he does.  He had 27 against Houston Christian and to be honest, it looked pretty effortless.  To me though, his court vision is one of his best attributes.  With a team full of talent, you need a Devon to distribute the basketball.  That's not to say he doesn't need to put the team on his back at times but I've always been impressed with how he makes his teammates better.  If he played more of a Sahvir Wheeler game where he looked for his shot first, Silsbee would not be NEARLY as good IMO.  

23 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

He has games where he does.  He had 27 against Houston Christian and to be honest, it looked pretty effortless.  To me though, his court vision is one of his best attributes.  With a team full of talent, you need a Devon to distribute the basketball.  That's not to say he doesn't need to put the team on his back at times but I've always been impressed with how he makes his teammates better.  If he played more of a Sahvir Wheeler game where he looked for his shot first, Silsbee would not be NEARLY as good IMO.  

I agree to the fullest with that. He also needs to take care ball at end of games 

41 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

My understanding is Kobe finished with 31.  Not sure the breakdown but as ccs said, I heard it was efficient.  That is pretty impressive against that Tiger D.  

Hit some big threes. He scored from every part of the court. Behind the line, midrange , in the paint, and from the free throw line. 

50 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

I think the dunks were a result of the atmosphere of the game just like Harris for silsbee running around after the Jordan Adams dunk silsbee really doesn't attempt dunks like that so hopefully lesson learned we got the win make corrections and move on very big game Thursday.

We have been attempting them this year.  In the Westbury Game we also had at least a couple misses.  It's not that these guys can't get up and do it easily but in the tight games the points can be much more valuable.

8 hours ago, ST413 said:

The Tigers built a nice lead and then got bullied on the boards with the second unit in and it has been back and forth ever since.  

Tigers first unit gave up lead in the 4th was up 7 or 9 and couldn't rebound or make layups or take care of  ball and to slow on defense we gotta learn how to play with the lead. We get careless we also have guys that's not playing on both sides of the ball it's not just a one ended game. 

Exactly everyone says adjust but that one little ref last night was horrible mike McCain was at the free throw line and asked the ref to please dry the ball off the ref shook his head walked over to dry the ball off then gave mike with a strong gesture I don't know why either some refs or some people don't like silsbee but this is a reason why coach sig doesn't like to play tournaments in this area joe has always had problems with the bisd chapter 

3 hours ago, kingjames said:

Tigers first unit gave up lead in the 4th was up 7 or 9 and couldn't rebound or make layups or take care of  ball and to slow on defense we gotta learn how to play with the lead. We get careless we also have guys that's not playing on both sides of the ball it's not just a one ended game. 

Yes we had some uncharacteristic mistakes mixed in there as well.  Was happy to see the second group get rolling late in the first half.

Score by quarters

1              2              3               4              tot

Silsbee                22            14            20             16             72

Central                15            23            12              19            69

Team stats

FT %

Silsbee            11/20    55%

Central             21/29   72%

3 Point %

Silsbee             5/20    25%

Central             4/18    22%

Rebounds

Silsbee             31

Central             40

Turnovers

Silsbee              26 (over half unforced)

Central              26

Fouls

Silsbee              23

Central              16

Individual scoring

Silsbee

Trajan Harris              14 (3/7 three's)

Kalon Barnes              13 (10 reb., 3/4 FT)

Devon McCain            12 (9 reb., 4 assists)

Jordyn Adams               7

Michael McCain             7

Willie Jones                   6

Braelon Bush                 5

Calvin Tyler                    4

Chris Martin                    4

Central

Jakobe Dill                      31 (18 in first half, 13 in 4th Q, 8/8 FT, 3/8 three's)

CJ Rice                           10

Byron Arceneaux              8

Tyrone Brown                    7

Kason Harrison                 6

Anthony Green                  3

Rayshawn Morris               2

Jordan Siniguar                 2

Silsbee was 1 of 10 dunk attempts and 26 turnovers, with over half unforced. Sloppy, sloppy game for the Tigers. One of the worst ball handling games I have seen Silsbee have in quite some time.

Tigers play like this Thursday, 6A #1 Wagner will blow them out of the gym.

I knew this would be a tough game. Central is good. Dill is a special one.

10 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I would like to see Devon McCain score more myself. I think he has a super talent and needs to take more shots. He can drop 30 at anytime. 

Devon doesn't need to score all the time.,  He may need to take over at times but needs to keep everyone involved.  Keep the defense spread out worrying about everyone and it's easier to get to the basket.

37 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee was 1 of 10 dunk attempts and 26 turnovers, with over half unforced. Sloppy, sloppy game for the Tigers. One of the worst ball handling games I have seen Silsbee have in quite some time.

26 turnovers and 20 unforced official from the Tigers. We cant beat a good team like that we need to fix that.

45 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

18 points.....wow!!

Man, Silsbee did not look very good last night. They left 20 + points on the board. Not taking anything away from Central they are a very talented team, but Silsbee should have easily won by double-digits. It take time though. There are a few new faces this year that will contribute on a nightly basis, and those guys haven't hit their groove with the team yet. IMO, Adams is the X-Factor. When he gets on a roll, watch out. Silsbee is going to be very hard to beat.