WOS vs Giddings

tennisbc

51 minutes ago, kicker said:

I saw them in person, not even close to Kennedale. Or probably even Silsbee for that matter.

Agreed. They do not have the rushing threat Silsbee has, for sure. Kennedale was better and Robinson has the best offense we've seen so far. Giddings is good, but not great. If Liberty had not turned over the ball three times in the red zone, they win. Also, they should have produced a pick 6 if the defender had not tripped himself. Then there's the two other trips in the red zone in the 4th quarter for Liberty that needed just slightly better execution to finish the drives. So many missed opportunties. You can add potentially 4-6 more scores for Liberty. The Panthers had not been in this position before. A smaller margin of error is required to win these playoff games. Still, you gotta give credit to Giddings for winning, but they see a totally different animal this week. 

this will be a BIG TEST for our kids they have had presser on them all year long being # 1 every one is after you  and having the # D & # 1 O its hard for these kids each week to live up to this presser put on them  but they love it NO PRESSER just playing west orange stark football  away of life one of the very best programs in the state of texas hands down

Mustangs win this one ,  Need to start playing minimal mistake football , no such thing as mistake free, when your playing with a ball that has pointed ends . 

Giddings has seen talented mustang teams in the past, but not one with all of the pieces in place like this team . Outstanding personnel , solid basics and great coaching and play calling.

45 minutes ago, robanadana said:

No game to see here...move along. Now, the semi finals are a different matter. I'm looking very much forward to a Mustangs vs. Gobblers rematch! Navarro Geronimo isn't bad but Cuero should handle them. Let's play the semifinals at TEXAN DRIVE!!!

Well, the old cliche, one game at a time applies here. Giddings will put up a fight, any team that plays us will. Let's face it, it's their Super Bowl. Trick plays, alternate offenses, etc. In my opinion, that's the ultimate respect. With that said, if we do meet Cuero again or even Navarro, I honestly don't see either beating us if we play Mustang football. Will it be a challenge? Of course it will but we aren't 13-0 for nothing.

Giddings is talented as you would expect for a team this deep in the playoffs.  They look like a team that should be able to throw the ball more than they do, but just don't seem to get it done.  WO-S will give up some yards here and there against them, but I don't see WO-S having to punt much in this game.

52-7 is my prediction for the easy Stangs win.

2 hours ago, kicker said:

Well, the old cliche, one game at a time applies here. Giddings will put up a fight, any team that plays us will. Let's face it, it's their Super Bowl. Trick plays, alternate offenses, etc. In my opinion, that's the ultimate respect. With that said, if we do meet Cuero again or even Navarro, I honestly don't see either beating us if we play Mustang football. Will it be a challenge? Of course it will but we aren't 13-0 for nothing.

I was thinking some of the same things that you mentioned here Kicker.

12 hours ago, bjimbo said:

I believe that Giddings will be the best team that WOS has seen this year.  I don't think WOS is losing this game but Giddings has the players to make it very interesting.  Send them home MUSTANGS!!!!

Silsbee, Bridge City, Kennedale, Robinson, Bellville, & Liberty are all better imo 56-0 Wos 

coach jones and his staff have done a super job this year what they had to work with  jones has put in a balance ball club that has played well all season . giddings has a young OL but make up for it on  the DL  the coaching staff has these kids beliving in themselves  looks like it has worked out for them are they would be playing basketball. its hard to replace a three year started  at qb and there top rusher super job  jones and your staff. on on the flip side giddings has  six on there DL returning  with the likes of MVP in thre dist  5ft10  215 pounds in the likes of procio  he is all over the filed  he loves playing hard nose football

5 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

i know that you guys are saying that giddings is not better than this team or that team but we just can't let them be better than us friday night because sometimes the best teams does not always win. NO MISTAKES!!!!

I've got to say, I like your post. Kennedale was definitely better. But yes the best team Friday night wins! Mustangs win Friday by A LOT!!! See ya there!

On 11/27/2016 at 10:21 AM, bjimbo said:

I believe that Giddings will be the best team that WOS has seen this year.  I don't think WOS is losing this game but Giddings has the players to make it very interesting.  Send them home MUSTANGS!!!!

Giddings and Bellville are about the same. Giddings might play a little better defense. WOS rolls big in this one 

On 11/27/2016 at 10:21 AM, bjimbo said:

Kennedale is the best team WOS has played and after watching film Giddings does not change my mind.