Trump Cabinet

LumRaiderFan

5 minutes ago, pdawg119 said:

Okay, so if Hillary picked Mnuchin for Treasury Secretary, you would've been totally cool with it, correct?

I would have to read a little more about him. But according to the article you posted, he sounds okay to me. He's not a Washington D.C. insider and is not a career politician. I don't adhere to the Liberal position that Wall Street represents the devil.

Why do you think Mnuchin is part of "the swamp"?

2 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I would have to read a little more about him. But according to the article you posted, he sounds okay to me. He's not a Washington D.C. insider and is not a career politician. I don't adhere to the Liberal position that Wall Street represents the devil.

Why do you think Mnuchin is part of "the swamp"?

If you want to get corruption out of government, you don't hire lobbyists and banksters to government positions.

Mnuchin is a guy who made his money by foreclosing the houses of old people, some over as little as 27 cents. Heck, some of the people who Mnuchin foreclosed upon are Trump supporters themselves.

This is the hidden content, please

29 minutes ago, pdawg119 said:

If you want to get corruption out of government, you don't hire lobbyists and banksters to government positions.

Mnuchin is a guy who made his money by foreclosing the houses of old people, some over as little as 27 cents. Heck, some of the people who Mnuchin foreclosed upon are Trump supporters themselves.

Politico is known for fudging facts so I would like to see that story verified from another source. Not saying it isn't true, I'm saying I don't trust Politico. Most stories with headlines like this end up having a totally different story, and I'm not interested enough to chase the facts.

The second link sounds like someone who got overextended and the bank did their job. The article illustrates that lady could not pay her mortgage because her tenants could not pay her. In the same vein, the banks cannot pay their creditors if their customers do not pay them.

I didn't see any mention of Mnuchin being a lobbyist in either article. And I don't believe that a person that has made a lot of money is the devil and is out to throw little old ladies out on the street.. 

So again, why do you think Mnuchin is part of "the swamp"? He's not a Washington D.C. insider and not a career politician. Do you believe that all bankers are automatically disqualified from holding office? Frankly, I'm more concerned about his ties to Hollywood.

58 minutes ago, pdawg119 said:

Okay, so if Hillary picked Mnuchin for Treasury Secretary, you would've been totally cool with it, correct?

I had to look up who the current Secretary of the Treasury was. I had no clue. I am sure that I have seen his name a couple of times but it isn't exactly a hot button issue. So no, I would not have cared. For all I knew Mnuchin could have been the current secretary under Obama. 

Has it ever dawned on you that the USA elected a billionaire who beyond being extremely rich, has never lived like a middle class family and has never even sought public office before?

WOW, a billionaire that many people voted for because he was a billionaire and a businessman is hiring rich people to run his programs.

Stunning, utterly stunning. I thought he was ask Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid who they would like selected. 

I do not agree with it and never have but many people wanted an outsider that had run businesses. That is what he ran on and that is exactly what he is doing. 

10 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I had to look up who the current Secretary of the Treasury was. I had no clue. I am sure that I have seen his name a couple of times but it isn't exactly a hot button issue. So no, I would not have cared. For all I knew Mnuchin could have been the current secretary under Obama. 

Has it ever dawned on you that the USA elected a billionaire who beyond being extremely rich, has never lived like a middle class family and has never even sought public office before?

WOW, a billionaire that many people voted for because he was a billionaire and a businessman is hiring rich people to run his programs.

Stunning, utterly stunning. I thought he was ask Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid who they would like selected. 

I do not agree with it and never have but many people wanted an outsider that had run businesses. That is what he ran on and that is exactly what he is doing. 

Trump is no John Rockefeller. 2008 will soon return. Trump has drained the swamp and is now using it as a septic tank.

4 hours ago, nappyroots said:

People referring to trumps billionaire status. Rockefeller could have bought trump for a yard ornament. 

Did the Rockefeller family once own slaves? How many minorities and women did Rockefeller employ? Did Rockefeller give his workers paid maternity leave, paid paternity leave, paid sick time, paid vacations, healthcare, retirement packages? Did Rockefeller allow his employees to unionize? Did Rockefeller engage in unethical business practices, including price fixing and collusion? Come on, you love to hold people accountable for actions 50+ years ago. Is this part of your selective memory you are so fond of accusing others of having?

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:21 PM, pdawg119 said:

So the Secretary of the Treasury needn't have any money experience?  Tim Geitner didn't pay his taxes but he was Obamas pick.  I don't recall anyone concerned about that.  So if you don't want a banker in the Secretary of Treasury position, do you think it would be better to get someone such as a leader from, perhaps, the Teamsters Union based on the idea that, because he is not a banker or lobbyist, he can manage our financial affairs?

On 12/8/2016 at 6:51 PM, Reagan said:

Great choice!  Another ADULT added to the mix!

lol...from the article:

"It’s nice that adults are back in charge," Ratzenberger said of Trump's big win. "[It's like] okay kids, give us the keys to the car, you’ve done enough damage, now we will take over.”

16 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Not sold on this pick.

The Dems will pull out the long knives on this one.

1) He works for a big bad oil company

2) No Diplomatic experience (even though he has more than most Diplomats)

3) He's Putin's buddy 

It will be bloody.

From what I have looked into so far, I have no problem with him...he already has connections with many heads of state.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The Dems will pull out the long knives on this one.

1) He works for a big bad oil company

2) No Diplomatic experience (even though he has more than most Diplomats)

3) He's Putin's buddy 

It will be bloody.

From what I have looked into so far, I have no problem with him...he already has connections with many heads of state.

I think #2 will be his strong suit. He knows how to deal with people or he wouldn't be where he is. Putin needs to be handled without kid gloves. Someone who already has a rapport with him seems like a good choice. We shall see.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

I think #2 will be his strong suit. He knows how to deal with people or he wouldn't be where he is. Putin needs to be handled without kid gloves. Someone who already has a rapport with him seems like a good choice. We shall see.

Agree...his job would be to go in and negotiate with leaders of other countries...he's been doing just that.

I worked for them a few years, and ever so often we had to watch videos on how things were going.  My impression:  He won't kowtow to anyone. Has a stone cold look in his eyes when he wants you to know how serious he is. And he's from Texas, and most often, that's a good thing.  And finally, since the democrats don't like him, and you know they don't (oil co CEO), he has to be the perfect pick :) 

One more thing I'd like to address.  The liberal media and the Dems are portraying him as Putin's bosom buddy, primarily due to Putin giving him a Russian Friendship medal in 2013.  That does not make them BFF's.  Tillerson has negotiations down to a fine art.  When he sits across the table from someone, I don't see him blinking first.  

Oh, and he won't be taking money for his charity from the Middle East.