Is the word "posse" a racist term?

stevenash

No, it's not.  This is just another example of how weak and PC minded our world has become.  Here is a definition from google.  Show me where the word posse is racial.

A body of men, typically armed, summoned by a sheriff to enforce the law.
  • BRITISHhistorical
    the body of men in a county whom the sheriff could summon to enforce the law.
    noun: posse comitatus; plural noun: posse comitatus
  • informal
    a group of people who have a common characteristic, occupation, or purpose.
    "he pompously led around a posse of medical students"
    synonyms:
    This is the hidden content, please
    ; More

35 minutes ago, baddog said:

They must have me mistaken for someone who gives a Crap what LeBron has to offer.

You mean you don't care what he has to  say?  I guess you are one of those "unenlightened" who probably didn't heed the political advice of Miley Cyrus and Beyoncé too.  It only proves that you love guns and bibles and are a bigot.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

You mean you don't care what he has to  say?  I guess you are one of those "unenlightened" who probably didn't heed the political advice of Miley Cyrus and Beyoncé too.  It only proves that you love guns and bibles and are a bigot.

Guilty as charged, but then again, I don't care. Athletes and celebrities with all their money think that it somehow makes them relevant in the political world. Ever thought that what they want you and me to conform to does not affect them because they have enough money to do as they please? So what if we become a communist nation. The capitalists.....celebrities and athletes.....already made theirs in a society they now talk against. Main reason they should shut up.

3 hours ago, dayton said:

Posse always reminds me of the wild west... What a bunch of babies.

Absolutely the only thing that comes to mind.  An old western movie when the town folk grabs their horses and took off with the sheriff after the bad guy.  Never heard the word used outside that context.  Just another example of folks being overly sensitive.

46 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

Four years of the trump administration will finally expose racism to the American people on the biggest stage possible.

Because some yahoo says so?  Ok, please tell me what kind of acts of racism are you anticipating?  But before you start, don't include illegal immigrants into your post.  The word illegal takes that off the table.  There are millions of citizens in this country, of hispanic origin.  Many of them don't want illegal immigrants coming into this country either.

2 hours ago, nappyroots said:

Four years of the trump administration will finally expose racism to the American people on the biggest stage possible.

That's a load of crap.  Will any of the race baiters on here, please say what Trump has done during his campaign, that you label him a racist?  

5 hours ago, nappyroots said:

.....or show it as a scam. 

What happens when all the fear mongers claims that we are going back 50 years of history and blah blah blah, doesn't happen?