WOS

oldschool2

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

Yep, every sore loser has an excuse, conditioning played a lot to do with Liberty losing. Liberty should get ready for their next few opponents and stop whining like a little… and looking for bulletin board material if we meet them again

I'm not a Liberty fan.  You might want to read over some of my previous posts.  I dislike just about every setx school equally in those terms.  Nor have I made an excuse for them losing.  I don't care that they lost..or by how much.  Just bringing up the fact that they were able to do what most haven't.  Offensively.  You're welcome to go back and read my posts.

I said last week, when HJ kicked the snot out of them, that Liberty would go have a talk with god and come to WOS seeking redemption. They did. I was surprised that they did as well as they did. But, in the end, it made little difference. WOS still won, and will win again. The point?

So here we go again , if's and but's . I give Liberty props for trying something . The staff was well aware that they had no chance running the offense they run . They tried to slow down the game and play keep away. Just didn't work . The only advantage anyone will have over WOS would be size. Liberty took advantage of that , but it's no secret. I'll take speed and quickness over size any day in HS football.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm not a Liberty fan.  You might want to read over some of my previous posts.  I dislike just about every setx school equally in those terms.  Nor have I made an excuse for them losing.  I don't care that they lost..or by how much.  Just bringing up the fact that they were able to do what most haven't.  Offensively.  You're welcome to go back and read my posts.

Ok you are not a Liberty fan and yes, I have read some of your previous post. Liberty went back into the WO-S archives to find the last big team who had success against the Mustangs’, that being Richmond Foster. They too had big beefy guys who also rolled and pushed our boys around. Here are the real facts, we have played Bellville, Cuero, and Celina all whom had big OFL, and huge defenses our experience helped us succeed against Liberty and on Friday we are playing OF.

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

It's pretty funny that I get so many private messages from people saying they agree with me.  Then on here everyone acts like what you're seeing here.

Pure blasphemy if anyone mentions anything about any school.

What's even funnier is that someone will come on this message board, post a negative topic about a school with one of the largest fan bases on said board, and then when several members of that large fan base respond to this original post in a negative manner, the topic originator or others that support him decries that he or she can't make negative posts about a certain school "without being attacked," sometimes even resulting in page long filibusters about leaving the board due to the "attacks."

Another equally funny one is that the same thing as above happens but then the topic originator hails their ability to elicit such negative feedback as some sort of accomplishment to be applauded.

I would go as far as labeling it hilarious, but then I remember that it is usually left to me clean things up when someone goes racial, personal or physical on one of these types of threads, which it seems more often than not these threads tend to do.

31 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

What's even funnier is that someone will come on this message board, post a negative topic about a school with one of the largest fan bases on said board, and then when several members of that large fan base respond to this original post in a negative manner, the topic originator or others that support him decries that he or she can't make negative posts about a certain school "without being attacked," sometimes even resulting in page long filibusters about leaving the board due to the "attacks."

Another equally funny one is that the same thing as above happens but then the topic originator hails their ability to elicit such negative feedback as some sort of accomplishment to be applauded.

I would go as far as labeling it hilarious, but then I remember that it is usually left to me clean things up when someone goes racial, personal or physical on one of these types of threads, which it seems more often than not these threads tend to do.

I'm begging you.  Please..find one single negative comment I said about WOS in this thread.  Just one.  Take all the time you need.

I'll admit.  "WOS was exposed" was taken out of context.  I was meaning that they had a weakness (yes WOS) that allowed Liberty to keep control of the ball most of the game.  Which means that that weakness was exposed.  I also believe I said that Liberty wasn't good enough to win doing it.

But I did say there MAY be a team that is.

i didn't say a single negative comment.  Despite all the negative comments toward me.

Unless you can find one.  I won't hold my breath 

11 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

These words, your very first words in this topic, tell me all that I need to know about your intent and how you knew what the resulting responses would look like.

That's your negative comment example?!

That was me admitting that I knew what was going to happen.  I knew that WOS fans would get butt hurt and think I was attacking their baby.  Was I right?..

Still waiting on the exact words I used that were negative towards the WOS football team.

20 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm begging you.  Please..find one single negative comment I said about WOS in this thread.  Just one.  Take all the time you need.

I'll admit.  "WOS was exposed" was taken out of context.  I was meaning that they had a weakness (yes WOS) that allowed Liberty to keep control of the ball most of the game.  Which means that that weakness was exposed.  I also believe I said that Liberty wasn't good enough to win doing it.

But I did say there MAY be a team that is.

i didn't say a single negative comment.  Despite all the negative comments toward me.

Unless you can find one.  I won't hold my breath 

Do you not think WOS could have milked the clock?  Took every second before hiking the ball....maybe even kneeled after gaining twenty yards on a play instead of taking it to the endzone in there few plays that Libery "allowed".  Then WOS could have evened out this most precious of SCORES....time of possession.

5 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

That's your negative comment example?!

That was me admitting that I knew what was going to happen.  I knew that WOS fans would get butt hurt and think I was attacking their baby.  Was I right?..

Still waiting on the exact words I used that were negative towards the WOS football team.

Really?  I guess you really think I am that stupid.  And your words of your words of "butthurt" "attacking their baby" certainly do not further your tenuous defense.

10 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Oh I know.  I take back everything I've ever said about WOS with the slightest implication that they aren't the greatest high school football team to ever play the game.  I just wish they could play 6A so they could win the most prestigious of state titles.

Give up 270 yards of offense, force very few turnovers, and keep the ball out of their hands for 37 minutes.  Why on Earth would anyone see any issue at all with that.  I must be losing my mind.

But since you ask, there is this.

7 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

You (and several others) are failing to realize that a better team may take more advantage of those numbers.  And that it shows that even the mighty WOS football team can be capable of giving up yards.

Then there is this....why the need to refer to them as the "mighty" WOS team when it is certain that you don't feel that way.

If you truly were not there.....I get it.  But this game was a snoozer...no one was worried.  I was sending pictures to friends asking if they had seen a more elementary offense.  And yes...no matter how many coaches you know or that your cousins are facebook friends with....Liberty showed up to keep the game close.  Why?  Coach speech "we held the #1team in the state to the fewest points etc blah blah blah"

And there have been many teams that have shown up to "make a showing".