WOS

oldschool2

15 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Oldschool how dare you speculate about the great WOS lol

Oh I know.  I take back everything I've ever said about WOS with the slightest implication that they aren't the greatest high school football team to ever play the game.  I just wish they could play 6A so they could win the most prestigious of state titles.

Give up 270 yards of offense, force very few turnovers, and keep the ball out of their hands for 37 minutes.  Why on Earth would anyone see any issue at all with that.  I must be losing my mind.

You sound worse than an 8 year old girl crying because her Britney Spears cd got scratched. Someone please tell oldschool2 that hes right and that WOS was exposed and that Liberty ran over WOS and they held the ball for over 60 plays and that Liberty isn't as good as others we will play so we better watch out. Daaaang you must be a genius with all that knowledge. The only problem I have is the senseless lying like your arse wasnt right there on row 5 watching the game and losing your religion as you watched your beloved Panthers run the clock down and kill the Stangs. I bet the coach didn't tell them all that after the game was over and if he did then I understand how they got their butt beat by HJ. Settling for anything less than a win is garbage and to be honest they should run that the rest of the season and they will go far but if we see you again it wont be pretty. Tell your RB to stay out of the WOS huddle next time. H e got knocked so hard he thought that he transferred and was playing for the Mustangs .

20 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Oh I know.  I take back everything I've ever said about WOS with the slightest implication that they aren't the greatest high school football team to ever play the game.  I just wish they could play 6A so they could win the most prestigious of state titles.

Give up 270 yards of offense, force very few turnovers, and keep the ball out of their hands for 37 minutes.  Why on Earth would anyone see any issue at all with that.  I must be losing my mind.

I know for a fact that you've never heard me say any of that about WOS. I'm just saying you're reaching to find a fault in our system. congrats, you found it and exposed it and still lost 32-7. Just in case you forgot the score. lol

9 minutes ago, ThunderCat said:

You sound worse than an 8 year old girl crying because her Britney Spears cd got scratched. Someone please tell oldschool2 that hes right and that WOS was exposed and that Liberty ran over WOS and they held the ball for over 60 plays and that Liberty isn't as good as others we will play so we better watch out. Daaaang you must be a genius with all that knowledge. The only problem I have is the senseless lying like your arse wasnt right there on row 5 watching the game and losing your religion as you watched your beloved Panthers run the clock down and kill the Stangs. I bet the coach didn't tell them all that after the game was over and if he did then I understand how they got their butt beat by HJ. Settling for anything less than a win is garbage and to be honest they should run that the rest of the season and they will go far but if we see you again it wont be pretty. Tell your RB to stay out of the WOS huddle next time. H e got knocked so hard he thought that he transferred and was playing for the Mustangs .

I believe he said this was what he was told.. Not his direct observation.

32 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I believe he said this was what he was told.. Not his direct observation.

Well, even though he made pains in his original post to point out the that his post was from hearsay, oldschool2's subsequent posts in this thread make it pretty obvious that he has adopted that hearsay as his own view.  Of course, no one should be surprised as this is the second week in a row that oldschool2 has been dismissive of what a scoreboard showed in a Liberty football game.

I will speak only for myself as a Mustang alum and fan to the following.  If West Orange-Stark can be so "exposed" as oldschool2 alleges that they were on Friday night and still come away with a 25 point win as they also did on Friday for seven more games this season, I will be estatic!

11 minutes ago, oldage football said:

it is the same thing he was telling us last week - Liberty is the better team HJ just happen too win - and now Liberty was the better team - Wos  just happen to win

I did say Liberty was a better team than HJ...and that HJ happened to beat them when they played.  I also said Liberty would give WOS a lot better game than HJ did. As it turns out..Liberty is getting the #2 seed in that district...making them in fact the better team.  And I'm pretty certain 32-7 is a bit better performance than what HJ could muster.

2 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

There's no weakness that you think just watch the film and you'll know. They were satisfied with the 3 yards gain up the middle and hiking the ball pretty much with the play clock running out. 

BTW i dont know the time of possession but i know liberty ran over 60 plays to WOS 21 plays.

Getting 3 yards every play is all any coach would really want.  That means hitting the end zone at the end of every drive that your offense isn't penalized.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Let's be clear, WO-S was exposed. The Mustangs are suppose to beat everyone 100-0.

(post soaked in sarcasm)

I'll take 32-7 wins all day, every day.

I truly believe I didn't say anything taking away from the fact that WOS won and won by a big margin.  I was referring to the fact that the score didn't tell the whole story, and Liberty was able to move the ball relatively easily.  Is that not true?

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

If wos had 2500 kids at there school I'm sure they wouldn't mind playing 6A teams. With only 600 kids at there school they have a ton of talent so how much more talent do you think they would have if they has 2500 kids. My bet is they would probably be one of the top five teams in 6a

2 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

If wos had 2500 kids at there school I'm sure they wouldn't mind playing 6A teams. With only 600 kids at there school they have a ton of talent so how much more talent do you think they would have if they has 2500 kids. My bet is they would probably be one of the top five teams in 6a

Lot of sarcasm in what I said there.  Fact is...I'm at all surprised at the amount of backlash I'm receiving for stating something that actually happened. (60 plays for 270 yds in 37 mins of game time).  That isn't hearsay...those numbers actually happened.  I know what the final score was.  

Fact is..is you say anything on here that WOS, Silsbee, or Newton fans don't want to hear, then it's constant ridicule.  I actually expected it.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Lot of sarcasm in what I said there.  Fact is...I'm at all surprised at the amount of backlash I'm receiving for stating something that actually happened. (60 plays for 270 yds in 37 mins of game time).  That isn't hearsay...those numbers actually happened.  I know what the final score was.  

Fact is..is you say anything on here that WOS, Silsbee, or Newton fans don't want to hear, then it's constant ridicule.  I actually expected it.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand your points. I just think using the word "exposed" is a bit inaccurate in a 32-7 loss.

Oh, and I think you left several other fan bases off in your last statement. ;)

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand your points. I just think using the word "exposed" is a bit inaccurate in a 32-7 loss.

Ehh he basically hit the nail on the head.. with the exception of probably Crosby fans.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The word exposed was definitely taken out of context.  Point is.. A team with size and some decent backs (Liberty) gave WOS a lot of trouble on the defensive side.  That is a certainty.  Wasn't enough to overcome...which is also a certainty.  But there may very well be a team that is good enough to do just that.

I definitely left out a couple.  But those more so than others because they are the pride of SETX football.  So those fans really hate it.

There are certain fan basis that get a little excited when there team is mentioned. Heck I am guilty of it myself and my team is never hardly mentioned. lol. With that being said, I hope WOS does go all the way this year, due to the fact that they are one of few teams that have what it takes to win it. But if they don't this site is going to light up like a Christmas Tree (due to some of their fans arrogance or confidence however you want to see it)

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

PN-G, Nederland, HJ, BC, Hull-Daisetta,...... I can post more.

I'll help. Central, Memorial, Vidor, Lumberton....Kirbyville fans can get a little testy and yes, with the push from the originator of this thread, Liberty is quickly joining the ranks.  Just take a look at that HJ/Liberty game thread.  And those west of the Trinity have some as well, Crosby, Dayton, Barbers Hill (at one point but not as much anymore). 

I think our good friend is insinuating, that if a better team adopts Libertys game plan, they may be able to beat WOS. I believe you should use whatever strategy gives you the best chance of winning. Most teams won't vary to far away from whatever has made them successful thus far. If they do and are not successful the nay Sayers will come out. If they are successful, they are genius. Time will tell. I'm not from WOS. But it's hard to not see the obvious. They have one of the best teams in the state, of any size. And one of the best, if not the best, in the nation for their enrollment. Now, they may not even win state. But I'm thinking these so called experts in Las Vegas, would put odds in their favor.

56 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I truly believe I didn't say anything taking away from the fact that WOS won and won by a big margin.  I was referring to the fact that the score didn't tell the whole story, and Liberty was able to move the ball relatively easily.  Is that not true?

Define easily.  They did move the ball but not easily.  Many times it came down to 4th down.  The game was not closer than the scoreboard but you wouldn't know that unless you were there in person.  Better yet find a buddy and watch it on hudl.  Then post your opinion from first hand information.