WOS

oldschool2

We need to leave him alone and remember that for folks who are not WOS fans, this game was a moral victory. WOS fans don't live by the moral victory creed but some people do and that is what makes the world go round. Congrats to Liberty!!! You EXPOSED the Stangs like never before. Your game plan was pure genius and you kept a high powered offense off the field for 37 minutes. Your usage of every second of the game clock worked as planned and you scored on the Mustangs which was the first td in 2 years by a district opponent. All in all it gave the Mustangs a new task to overcome and you shook up the world!!!! The halftime score pretty much rocked the state and sent shockwaves throughout the Region as fans across the state "OOOHed" with amazement. You did something that to many seemed impossible and we applaud you on this day. God bless Liberty and good luck to you for the rest of the season. May your time of possession be long and your yardage plentiful. There that should make him happy! hahahahaha

1 hour ago, blackflag said:

When my little brother was a senior in high school, I saw his team lose to a team in bi-district they had no business losing to.  The defense held the other team to 68 total yards for the game.  My brother's team had over 300 yards.  Two punt returns for TDs did them in, along with 2 TOs, and they lost 12-8.  I wonder which team advanced?  Hmmm.... 

I would like for you or anyone else to find one statement I said saying that Liberty should've won this game.  Or that Liberty had offensive numbers good enough to win.  Or one single excuse that was made for Liberty losing.  You can't...because I didn't say that.  I said that Liberty exposed a weakness.  I also gave examples of how I came to that conclusion.  Fact is..if they play this game 100 times, WOS wins every time.  Liberty isn't good enough to beat em.  But if you'd actually read...and comprehend what you're reading...you'd see that.

But then again...it's just easier to make assumptions and take things how you want to take them.  Like some others.  Heaven forbid anyone say anything that may imply anything but greatness about WOS.  smh.. Even the best teams in the state have areas for improvement.  Depending on who you ask I guess.

15 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I would like for you or anyone else to find one statement I said saying that Liberty should've won this game.  Or that Liberty had offensive numbers good enough to win.  Or one single excuse that was made for Liberty losing.  You can't...because I didn't say that.  I said that Liberty exposed a weakness.  I also gave examples of how I came to that conclusion.  Fact is..if they play this game 100 times, WOS wins every time.  Liberty isn't good enough to beat em.  But if you'd actually read...and comprehend what you're reading...you'd see that.

But then again...it's just easier to make assumptions and read take things how you want to take them.  Like some others.  Heaven forbid anyone say anything that may imply anything but greatness about WOS.  smh.. Even the best teams in the state have areas for improvement.  Depending on who you ask I guess.

Hold up...!  I read everything you posted, and I agree with it for the most part.  The thing is, though, a win is a win no matter how it happens.  That's the only point I was trying to make.

It doesn't matter if there is an exposed perceived "weakness" in a team's defense if that "weakness" is offset by an unstoppable offense.  That "weakness" only resulted in 7 points.  What a team does between the goal lines makes no real difference if they don't score.

Now, with that said, there are other teams that will try to exploit that later on, or any other "weakness" they perceive.  It's called game-planning.  When the playoffs start, and the Mustangs start facing some really good teams, all bets are off.  That's not likely to happen until the 3rd or 4th round.

The example I gave about my little brother's team is a prime example of the only thing that matters is what numbers are on the scoreboard.

42 minutes ago, blackflag said:

Hold up...!  I read everything you posted, and I agree with it for the most part.  The thing is, though, a win is a win no matter how it happens.  That's the only point I was trying to make.

It doesn't matter if there is an exposed perceived "weakness" in a team's defense if that "weakness" is offset by an unstoppable offense.  That "weakness" only resulted in 7 points.  What a team does between the goal lines makes no real difference if they don't score.

Now, with that said, there are other teams that will try to exploit that later on, or any other "weakness" they perceive.  It's called game-planning.  When the playoffs start, and the Mustangs start facing some really good teams, all bets are off.  That's not likely to happen until the 3rd or 4th round.

The example I gave about my little brother's team is a prime example of the only thing that matters is what numbers are on the scoreboard.

And what I'm saying is that you are also missing the point..  I know that it wasn't enough to overcome their offense.  I know the end result is all that matters.  I know that the perceived weakness was in fact offset by an unstoppable offense.  My point from the beginning is that Liberty showed that the ball can me moved on WOS defense.  And that  even a team like Liberty (who's having a good year but not a great team) can keep the ball out of WOS's hands long enough to keep the score relatively low.  And yes..a team that is better than Liberty could, in fact, exploit this to their benefit.  That's all I said and that's all I meant.  The WOS faithful are the ones turning all of that into negative comments.  Those stats I kept repeating are in no way representative of how the game "should" have gone.  Liberty was beaten by a team they couldn't beat under any circumstance.  But I doubt Liberty makes it past round 2.

My only point is that if you give a good team 270 yards of offense and 37 minutes of possession..it may be a different story.  I really don't understand what's so hard to grasp there.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

But then again...it's just easier to make assumptions and take things how you want to take them.  Like some others.  Heaven forbid anyone say anything that may imply anything but greatness about WOS.  smh.. Even the best teams in the state have areas for improvement.  Depending on who you ask I guess.

I WIll be the first to tell you that Liberty did not EXPOSE A WEAKNESS, they (we) came with a different gameplan and Coach Taylor tried out coaching Coach Thompson. With that gruesome offense Liberty ran they still only rushed for 2-3 yards a play with the exception of a few nice pick up plays. Its physics. & I made the claim before every team WOS has played place how they play weekly . If you dont respect WOS enough to go out and play keep away as much as possible, your coach isnt the smartest branch on the tree. Moreover, if any team in the state plans to beat them in 4a Div II look for it to be played somewhat like Liberty did, if Gilmer makes it to state and plays WOS and play how they played the past two years look for a blow out

36 minutes ago, setxnative96 said:

I WIll be the first to tell you that Liberty did not EXPOSE A WEAKNESS, they (we) came with a different gameplan and Coach Taylor tried out coaching Coach Thompson. With that gruesome offense Liberty ran they still only rushed for 2-3 yards a play with the exception of a few nice pick up plays. Its physics. & I made the claim before every team WOS has played place how they play weekly . If you dont respect WOS enough to go out and play keep away as much as possible, your coach isnt the smartest branch on the tree. Moreover, if any team in the state plans to beat them in 4a Div II look for it to be played somewhat like Liberty did, if Gilmer makes it to state and plays WOS and play how they played the past two years look for a blow out

Gilmer is a whole other animal than Liberty.  You didn't see the same team in the championship game in 2014 as I did that whole season.  I'm not making excuses for them, but that team was much better than what you saw that day.  Saying that WO-S would "blow out" Gilmer is probably a stretch.  I could be wrong, but ... , so could you for that matter.  Gilmer's offense is very good, and I seriously think they would be extremely tough to stop for anybody, including the Mustangs.  I would love for us to have the opportunity to prove it, but there's a lot of football between now and then.

56 minutes ago, blackflag said:

Gilmer is a whole other animal than Liberty.  You didn't see the same team in the championship game in 2014 as I did that whole season.  I'm not making excuses for them, but that team was much better than what you saw that day.  Saying that WO-S would "blow out" Gilmer is probably a stretch.  I could be wrong, but ... , so could you for that matter.  Gilmer's offense is very good, and I seriously think they would be extremely tough to stop for anybody, including the Mustangs.  I would love for us to have the opportunity to prove it, but there's a lot of football between now and then.

I said that because I believe WOS can beat any team in the state with ease their coaching plus talent is another level literally. But you are correct you could be wrong or i could be wrong but hopefully its Liberty playing Gilmer or whoever the opponent may be. 

2 minutes ago, setxnative96 said:

I said that because I believe WOS can beat any team in the state with ease their coaching plus talent is another level literally. But you are correct you could be wrong or i could be wrong but hopefully its Liberty playing Gilmer or whoever the opponent may be. 

I could see why you would think that, and that's okay.  It's tough to gauge just how good a team is going to match up with a team from a different region, though.  I've been surprised too many times to count to buy into the "different level" type of stuff.  There's a lot of very good programs with good coaches and loads of talent around this big state.