WOS

oldschool2

Well...this should get some folks stirred up.  Here goes.

This is what I heard.  I didn't see...I heard.  From a pretty reliable source.  Feel free to correct anything I've put.

I heard that WOS was exposed last week.  I was told that Liberty was able to move the ball at will and that the score was not an indicator at all as to how close the game actually was or could have been.  I was told that going into halftime Liberty was driving the ball (not managing the clock well), but driving none the less.  The story I got is that with a few seconds to go until halftime Liberty made a pass down to the 3-yard line that was picked off.  However, before the WOS player hit the ground with the ball it was ripped away by a Liberty player.  And that the Liberty player actually stood up with the ball on the 3-yard line...and actually got set to run a play but was whistled off and the ball given to WOS after a referee consultation.  That could've potentially made the game 14-13 or at least tied going into half.  Could have.

Speculation only of course.  So then...WOS gets the ball after half and scores very quickly.  No question that WOS offense is impressive.  I was told that Liberty wasn't able to stop WOS either.  Making the game 19-7.  Which could have been 19-14.  Could have been... So then Liberty gets the ball back and is again driving.  Eating away time.  This drive is ended because of a personal foul penalty that happens on the Liberty sideline.  Apparently, a trainer or player on the sideline did or said something to a WOS player after a tackle near the sideline.  Either way...possession ending penalty.  Had that drive continued the way it was going Liberty could have definitely scored again.  Again...could have.

Then, of course, I was told that WOS scored in the last 2 minutes of the game and Liberty had a bunch of subs in.  Again...what I heard.  I wasn't there but I was definitely intrigued as this was being explained to me.  I had to ask several times to make sure I was getting the story correct.  At least...this version of the story.

Don't shoot the messenger.  This is all secondhand info anyway.  But according to my source...if Liberty had a few more athletic kids and been a little more disciplined they could/would have very well beaten WOS. 

9 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Well...this should get some folks stirred up.  Here goes.

This is what I heard.  I didn't see...I heard.  From a pretty reliable source.  Feel free to correct anything I've put.

I heard that WOS was exposed last week.  I was told that Liberty was able to move the ball at will and that the score was not an indicator at all as to how close the game actually was or could have been.  I was told that going into halftime Liberty was driving the ball (not managing the clock well), but driving none the less.  The story I got is that with a few seconds to go until halftime Liberty made a pass down to the 3-yard line that was picked off.  However, before the WOS player hit the ground with the ball it was ripped away by a Liberty player.  And that the Liberty player actually stood up with the ball on the 3-yard line...and actually got set to run a play but was whistled off and the ball given to WOS after a referee consultation.  That could've potentially made the game 14-13 or at least tied going into half.  Could have.

Speculation only of course.  So then...WOS gets the ball after half and scores very quickly.  No question that WOS offense is impressive.  I was told that Liberty wasn't able to stop WOS either.  Making the game 19-7.  Which could have been 19-14.  Could have been... So then Liberty gets the ball back and is again driving.  Eating away time.  This drive is ended because of a personal foul penalty that happens on the Liberty sideline.  Apparently, a trainer or player on the sideline did or said something to a WOS player after a tackle near the sideline.  Either way...possession ending penalty.  Had that drive continued the way it was going Liberty could have definitely scored again.  Again...could have.

Then, of course, I was told that WOS scored in the last 2 minutes of the game and Liberty had a bunch of subs in.  Again...what I heard.  I wasn't there but I was definitely intrigued as this was being explained to me.  I had to ask several times to make sure I was getting the story correct.  At least...this version of the story.

Don't shoot the messenger.  This is all secondhand info anyway.  But according to my source...if Liberty had a few more athletic kids and been a little more disciplined they could/would have very well beaten WOS. 

C'mon Mann

Liberty gave it their best shot. They definitely get an "A+" for the element of surprise and the effort. WO-S game planned for Liberty's regular offense, but instead they came out looking like a rugby team. They also tried at least two onside kickoffs. Kudos to their coaches and players for trying it. The biggest factor to me was not so much that Liberty got some yards, but that they used up so much clock WO-S hardly ever had the ball. Still, the final result...only 7 points. If this was being "exposed", I'd like to see another team try this. It didn't work and it won't work. For Liberty, it was worth it to keep from being shut out and not giving up 50+ points, but it is not a strategy for WINNING the game. 

2 minutes ago, griff said:

Liberty gave it their best shot. They definitely get an "A+" for the element of surprise and the effort. WO-S game planned for Liberty's regular offense, but instead they came out looking like a rugby team. They also tried at least two onside kickoffs. Kudos to their coaches and players for trying it. The biggest factor to me was not so much that Liberty got some yards, but that they used up so much clock WO-S hardly ever had the ball. Still, the final result...only 7 points. If this was being "exposed", I'd like to see another team try this. It didn't work and it won't work. For Liberty, it was worth it to keep from being shut out and not giving up 50+ points, but it is not a strategy for WINNING the game. 

Just curious.  Putting in an offense that keeps the ball out of WOS's hands, racking up over 200 yards on the ground, and holding them to under 40 IS NOT a strategy for winning?  So what should they have done?  Business as usual and take the 60-0 loss like the rest of the district?  No offense...but I was told that Liberty gave themselves the best possible chance to keep the score close as possible.  Seems like a good idea to me.

So we were exposed by giving up 7 points right ???? LOL people around here are hilarious. They bunched up together and ran it up the middle and pushed each other. We had the ball a total of 20 minutes the ENTIRE game and still managed to score an EASY 32. But at the end of the day we're 9-0 and not too many teams can say that. We will keep rolling, so settle for the "i heard" information if you want and watch what happen to any team that line up in front of these boys 

3 minutes ago, One4All said:

32/7

I know what the score was.  I know WOS won.  I know WOS is 9-0.  I know WOS is the defending state champs.  I know..I know..I know.

What I want to know...is WHAT WAS THE TIME OF POSSESSION?  Do you know what that means?  It means that I want to know how many minutes Liberty was able to keep the ball away from the WOS offense.  That is relevant information to the argument that I heard.  That is the manner in which I mean they were exposed.  Liberty found a weakness in WOS defense by being able to lean on them the whole game.  That's all I'm saying.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I know what the score was.  I know WOS won.  I know WOS is 9-0.  I know WOS is the defending state champs.  I know..I know..I know.

What I want to know...is WHAT WAS THE TIME OF POSSESSION?  Do you know what that means?  It means that I want to know how many minutes Liberty was able to keep the ball away from the WOS offense.  That is relevant information to the argument that I heard.  That is the manner in which I mean they were exposed.  Liberty found a weakness in WOS defense by being able to lean on them the whole game.  That's all I'm saying.

There's no weakness that you think just watch the film and you'll know. They were satisfied with the 3 yards gain up the middle and hiking the ball pretty much with the play clock running out. 

BTW i dont know the time of possession but i know liberty ran over 60 plays to WOS 21 plays.

If we were exposed and still won 32-7 then I hope we get exposed every week from here on out. You're reaching my friend. I agree this was the best possible game plan for Liberty. They played not to be blown out. If you're happy with 32-7 then go buy your coach lunch. EXPOSED!!!!! LOL funniest post I've read in weeks.

14 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

There's no weakness that you think just watch the film and you'll know. They were satisfied with the 3 yards gain up the middle and hiking the ball pretty much with the play clock running out. 

BTW i dont know the time of possession but i know liberty ran over 60 plays to WOS 21 plays.

Here's all I'm saying.  They were able to keep the ball out of WOS hands for 60 plays..or whatever.  There are a lot of teams better than Liberty.  All I'm saying.

37 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Just curious.  Putting in an offense that keeps the ball out of WOS's hands, racking up over 200 yards on the ground, and holding them to under 40 IS NOT a strategy for winning?  So what should they have done?  Business as usual and take the 60-0 loss like the rest of the district?  No offense...but I was told that Liberty gave themselves the best possible chance to keep the score close as possible.  Seems like a good idea to me.

I said it was their best chance to keep from giving up 50+ points and not getting shut out. Mission accomplished. But, it was not a strategy for winning. They lost 32-7. Mission failed.

3 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Here's all I'm saying.  They were able to keep the ball out of WOS hands for 60 plays..or whatever.  There are a lot of teams better than Liberty.  All I'm saying.

Yes there are a lot of teams better than Liberty. On the that we can agree. they aren't better than Liberty because they play not to get blown out but they are better because they play to win. BTW, there is no way Liberty should've lost to HJ. Someone overlooked HJ.

4 minutes ago, td said:

If we were exposed and still won 32-7 then I hope we get exposed every week from here on out. You're reaching my friend. I agree this was the best possible game plan for Liberty. They played not to be blown out. If you're happy with 32-7 then go buy your coach lunch. EXPOSED!!!!! LOL funniest post I've read in weeks.

I seriously couldn't care less if it was 32-7 or 100-0.  Don't care.  All I said was that I heard that this game was a lot closer than the score showed.  I then gave a description of HOW it was closer than the score showed.

I understand that WOS won and that's all that matters.  I'm just saying that they gave up a couple hundred yards and there were 60 some odd plays that they weren't able to run an offensive play.  There are several teams better than Liberty that WOS will play on their way thru the playoffs...and a better team probably won't only score 7.  All I was saying.

27 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Congratulations. Liberty won the time of possession. 

You also win the "what if...what if...what if..." battle. 

You can have all of the moral victories. We'll take the scoreboard victory.

The penalty that you so say heard about was due to Libertys Water Boy Kicking and slapping a WOS player as he walked back to the field from the sideline. It was so bad that they stopped the game because Libertys coach wanted to let Coach Thompson know what had happened and that he would fix the issue. There is also video proof if you need to see it so that you don't have to add this to your second hand information overload. For those that are eager to hear of WOS being exposed then yes if that is what you consider being exposed. They showed up and ran the Double Wing formation which is not what they have ran this year. It was pathetic as the spectators had to watch Liberty run play after play and then wait until 2 seconds were left on the clock to snap the ball. To some this was pure genius at work, to others it was the biggest let down to see them pretty much play keep away and still left empty handed. I believe WOS scored on 5/6 possessions and should have went 6/6. Time of possession is cool if thats what you think makes a team but it was very impressive to watch WOS score in 2 plays compared t watching Liberty play Rugby and lets pile on each other and see what we can get. If it is true that Liberty ran 60 plays with one TD and WOS ran 21 plays and scored 5 then the ratio is quite comical. WOS 4:1 and Liberty 60:1, you can have your time of possession, I am sure the Mustangs will take the points in the end. P.S. if you need $5 for a ticket so you can stop the second hand commentating and enjoy the game in person then let me know! I'll be glad to hook you up First hand!

2 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I seriously couldn't care less if it was 32-7 or 100-0.  Don't care.  All I said was that I heard that this game was a lot closer than the score showed.  I then gave a description of HOW it was closer than the score showed.

I understand that WOS won and that's all that matters.  I'm just saying that they gave up a couple hundred yards and there were 60 some odd plays that they weren't able to run an offensive play.  There are several teams better than Liberty that WOS will play on their way thru the playoffs...and a better team probably won't only score 7.  All I was saying.

Like I said, I agree there are teams better than Liberty and they aren't better because they play keep away. In my opinion it wasn't as close as the score. We played bend but don't break defense. BTW, we over came our penalties like good teams do. We don't say what if!!!!!! Congrats on your moral victory. WOS is gonna just keep being WOS. Yall keep being satisfied with your moral victories. LOL

Bottom line is if you don't score you have to give the ball up.With all of that time of possession HJ only scores 7 and WO-S scores 32.Like I said before,any team with a big O line that just pushes the line forward for the running back to gain 4,5,yards can move the ball on WO-S.The key is WO-S will finally stop you in most cases and you have to give the ball back to them.Almost a 4 score win with limited plays is not a close game.