Bridge City 42 Silsbee 41/FINAL

WOSgrad

First, I wasn't at the game, but one other possible explanation on the "not out of bounds call", could have been an inadvertent (accidental) whistle before the Tiger got out of bounds.  Saw a game when a team was running off tackle every play.  Then QB faked the handoff and kept the ball running outside by himself for an easy TD.  But ref, thinking it was same off tackle, blew his whistle when RB was stopped.  Moral of the story, if a Ref blows a whistle during a play, right or wrong, the play stops there.

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This game didn't disappoint.  After halfway through the second half, u know the last team with the ball would win. Couple of thoughts...

Drapper is an animal and is hard to bring down and #5 for BC has deceptive wheels.

Silsbee's speed was on display...  Tyler, Lowe, Barnes, and Jones.

Big play for the BC WR catching on the district's best CB like that (Newton).

Next time you play a wing-t team, you gotta hit the runners hard and make them 'tippytoe' throught the hole...Silsbee's second to last drive, more clock should've been.  I was telling people around me that.  Run 2 stupid dives with the fullback 1st and 2nd down.  Then run a good play in 3rd down.

Second to last drive for Silsbee, one play , Jones needed to stay inbounds and he ran out of bounds.  Gotta keep your head  in the game, Son.

In the second quarter, the BC rb ran out of bounds with 45 seconds left.  Clock mysteriously kept running untill it was to 20 seconds.  Clock is supposed to stop when out of bounds, right?  Refs huddle, come back, and no extra time on the clock.  But on that same drive, silsbee get a holding call with 0 seconds left, but you DO put 1 second back on the clock...  Smh

The blatant pass interference in the first half half on the deep pass to Barnes...  No call.  Horrible.

Tyler averaged almost 10 ypc all year and this game was no exception.  You score that 2 points.  Downturn coach not hear us all. Scream go for 2?  You score there, you force BC to score a TD and worse case scenario, you go to OT.

Our kicking game has been on and off all year....  Why do we trust the kicker with a 36 yard FG with that much pressure?

Barnes' second time this year fumbling after the catch because the ball is held like a loaf of bread.

I wonder if the coach knew this game was gonna be a game of possessions?  BC scored last in second half.  You knew they'd get the ball back in the second half...  They did and drove right down and scored.  

#5 CB for Silsbee, you're one of the best CB's in the state.  You dint let a no name kid catch that long TD in you.

BC still has Huffman and Navasota left.  Keep grinding and you can share that district title, Tigers...

well said... and we agree on the clock thing... we were on BC side right under the press box and kept SCREAMING at them... BC wasn't happy about the "timekeeper" at ALL... it did not appear consistent... there were HORRIBLE calls on both sides, but from BC it appeared to be leaning Silsbee... ;)  that is the BEST game that BC has played as a TEAM this year.... they meched and EVERYONE did their job... WE NEEDED THAT!!!! Silsbee has NOTHING to hang their heads about... "C" and Cayce Draper started out playing flag football together at the age of 4-5yo.... they have remained very good friends ever since... Draper went over to "C" after the game (knowing C would be upset) and they gave the usual "embrace" and THAT is what it's all about... GREAT HEART, GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP, & GREAT ATHLETES.... This WAS the game of the night (possibly the season) and it was FULL of spirit and heart on both sides... KUDOS TIGERS AND CARDINALS!!!! 

4 hours ago, Jus1o'theguys said:

well said... and we agree on the clock thing... we were on BC side right under the press box and kept SCREAMING at them... BC wasn't happy about the "timekeeper" at ALL... it did not appear consistent... there were HORRIBLE calls on both sides, but from BC it appeared to be leaning Silsbee... ;)  that is the BEST game that BC has played as a TEAM this year.... they meched and EVERYONE did their job... WE NEEDED THAT!!!! Silsbee has NOTHING to hang their heads about... "C" and Cayce Draper started out playing flag football together at the age of 4-5yo.... they have remained very good friends ever since... Draper went over to "C" after the game (knowing C would be upset) and they gave the usual "embrace" and THAT is what it's all about... GREAT HEART, GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP, & GREAT ATHLETES.... This WAS the game of the night (possibly the season) and it was FULL of spirit and heart on both sides... KUDOS TIGERS AND CARDINALS!!!! 

Yea, I saw Draper come to our stands and speak to Tyler Sr. And a few of us.  He explained to us that Draper and lil C played pee wee football together as small kids..

With that being said, for the Tiger fans complaining about Refs, on the one where the Tiger got out of bounds and the clock kelp running. The receiver did not go backwards he was going forward as he was headed to the side lines no forward motion was stopped. Bad call. On the one where there was no interference call on Barnes, the defender never looked back as he reached out with his right arm and held Barnes arms from coming up to catch the ball. Bad Call. All the other holding and this and that, that wasn't called or called, well........... I guess it's just football. These two teams did a good job of playing through it. These two calls where relevant to Silsbee because in 25 seconds Silsbee can run 4 maybe 5 plays and Barnes dinged his shoulder up a little keeping him out of the game for a while. I like these two teams chances to make some noise in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way.    

2 hours ago, STiger85 said:

With that being said, for the Tiger fans complaining about Refs, on the one where the Tiger got out of bounds and the clock kelp running. The receiver did not go backwards he was going forward as he was headed to the side lines no forward motion was stopped. Bad call. On the one where there was no interference call on Barnes, the defender never looked back as he reached out with his right arm and held Barnes arms from coming up to catch the ball. Bad Call. All the other holding and this and that, that wasn't called or called, well........... I guess it's just football. These two teams did a good job of playing through it. These two calls where relevant to Silsbee because in 25 seconds Silsbee can run 4 maybe 5 plays and Barnes dinged his shoulder up a little keeping him out of the game for a while. I like these two teams chances to make some noise in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way.    

Great post and accurate...

17 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

Great game Tigers....couldn't comment last night after game because i was soooo upset......JMO and I know i'm no coach.....go for two points the rest of the season. What's the difference if you don't get the two point conversion when you are going to miss the extra point anyway? 

What's  been going on, Pinetree?  

4 hours ago, STiger85 said:

You know that's a lie.... there's not a kid on BC that could run with Barnes.  

BMTSoulja1, I'm doing good....Hope you're doing the same........I keep telling myself (WE..the Tigers) will play better as the season goes on but too many costly penalties...poor execution on pass plays...questionable coaching calls.....but it's one thing that's evident.....Win or Lose i'll always be a Tiger Faithful

1 hour ago, PINETREE said:

BMTSoulja1, I'm doing good....Hope you're doing the same........I keep telling myself (WE..the Tigers) will play better as the season goes on but too many costly penalties...poor execution on pass plays...questionable coaching calls.....but it's one thing that's evident.....Win or Lose i'll always be a Tiger Faithful

Hey, I'm one too...  Lol

First off i wanna congrats BC on the big.....I got the pleasure to go watch the BC/Silsbee Game Friday Night... An what a game, its one of the better HS game i've watched....I see folks complaining about the Refs and have ever reason to...The Beaumont Chapter was whom i know from experience  HORRIBLE......They missed calls but it wasn't the deciding factor for Silsbee losing....Silsbee had there cchancs to win the game but BC wanted it more....I have to admit Dubose and his Staff out coached Smith and Staff in crunch time....Executing and taking advantage of the weakness Silsbee weakness...CTJ and CD are both great RB but they are 2 different backs and have different styles of running...CTJ is a complete back while CD is a bruiser but i'll pay my money to watch both of them...But Denton gets my game ball, he really impressed me, the kid a game with Speed to burn....On the last drive for BC to win the game...Denton but the team on his back to carry them to victory....Also BC OLine did a great job all night winning in the trenches..

Good assessment.  The only things I may disagree on was BC wanting it more.  I think both teams put their heart and soul in it.  One defensive stop by either team all night, that's tough. The one thing that got to me from our side were the long runs especially the ones on a third or fourth and long.  Those are the ones that broke our back.  Duboise definitely has the experience edge over Coach Smith and made some good play calls but not sure I would call it outcoaching.  I would have to know how we tried to adjust to their offense and if it was carried out on the field or not to even try to assess that.  Great game a good win and a tough loss.  

I don't believe in the term "they wanted more!". The game comes down to who makes plays and who doesn't. One team has to win and one had to lose.Missdd extra points killed us.  Silsbee must stop kicking extra points. Just go for 2 here on out. I think trying a 35 yard field goal to end the game was dumb. Also, our defense must tackle better. We are still taking bad angles and not wrapping up. Adonis Thomas made some great plays in this game as well as the Sells kid. 

This was a classic game of experience (BC) against youth (Silsbee). The "out coaching" statement was wrong. It was both teams making adjustments and when it stopped working making another adjustment. The "wanting it more" statement was stupid too. Silsbee had the only defensive stop of the game and both teams had one turn over. It was just a great game to watch, hated Silsbee lost. It was a bad time to try our first field goal of the year in that pressure situation, and a bad time for him to have an off night. TigerNation

8 hours ago, STiger85 said:

This was a classic game of experience (BC) against youth (Silsbee). The "out coaching" statement was wrong. It was both teams making adjustments and when it stopped working making another adjustment. The "wanting it more" statement was stupid too. Silsbee had the only defensive stop of the game and both teams had one turn over. It was just a great game to watch, hated Silsbee lost. It was a bad time to try our first field goal of the year in that pressure situation, and a bad time for him to have an off night. TigerNation

It was a tough time for that fg try for sure especially on a tough night kicking but I don't know if it was a bad time or not.  Shows you have confidence in the kicker and gave him a chance to gain lots of confidence.  Sure now that he missed you have to see how it affects him.

On 10/22/2016 at 5:40 AM, REBgp said:

First, I wasn't at the game, but one other possible explanation on the "not out of bounds call", could have been an inadvertent (accidental) whistle before the Tiger got out of bounds.  Saw a game when a team was running off tackle every play.  Then QB faked the handoff and kept the ball running outside by himself for an easy TD.  But ref, thinking it was same off tackle, blew his whistle when RB was stopped.  Moral of the story, if a Ref blows a whistle during a play, right or wrong, the play stops there.

Okay, you're sounding like Trump. You were not there. There is no logical explanation for you to give.