Silsbee at Bridge City

BADSANTA

14 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Who rushes for more yards? Tyler or Draper?

Have you been reading the threads.  This doesn't even need to be asked.  Calvin has over 900 yes in the last 3 games alone.  If I remember right someone stated Draper missed a couple games and had over 100 in each of his last three games maybe somewhere around 450 in those 3 plus whatever he had in the first 2.  Calvin has way more yards but both are the big parts of their respective offenses

8 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Have you been reading the threads.  This doesn't even need to be asked.  Calvin has over 900 yes in the last 3 games alone.  If I remember right someone stated Draper missed a couple games and had over 100 in each of his last three games maybe somewhere around 450 in those 3 plus whatever he had in the first 2.  Calvin has way more yards but both are the big parts of their respective offenses

I think Santa was asking for a prediction, not inquiring as to where they are now.

Draper missed one game due to illness and also left the Newton game after a few plays.  We've also played one less game than Silsbee with our consecutive bye weeks.  He's still getting his yardage up the field, but like ST413 said, it's consistent gains on shorter runs.  He definitely doesn't have Tyler's breakaway speed in the open, and his yardage totals are nowhere near Tyler's.   On the other hand there are multiple other RBs from BC who also bring a lot of speed and carry for lots of yardage.  Baker, Morris, Denton, Trahan (QB) and Lara all have multiple rushing TDs.  It seems like defenses are focusing on stopping Draper between the tackles and giving up more yards to the other guys.  Either way, it's been working out just fine. 

I think that it will be a back-and-forth affair with both teams exchanging TDs... The only thing that will change that is if one team or the other can establish a big lead early due to turnovers or by forcing 3-and-outs.  I'm not sure either team is built for coming back if they fall behind by more than a couple of touchdowns. 

21 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Even with our defense as a whole playing so good?

This is actually the difference in the game IMO. Earlier in the year, I might have favored BC.  

You guys will see what a bull the Draper kid is and I think Tyler will continue to get his.  If Silsbee can find their passing game, this is a team they can exploit with it.  But they haven't shown the ability to do that consistently.  Should be fairly close with the edge to Silsbee.  Wouldn't be shocked either way though.  

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Draper missed one game due to illness and also left the Newton game after a few plays.  We've also played one less game than Silsbee with our consecutive bye weeks.  He's still getting his yardage up the field, but like ST413 said, it's consistent gains on shorter runs.  He definitely doesn't have Tyler's breakaway speed in the open, and his yardage totals are nowhere near Tyler's.   On the other hand there are multiple other RBs from BC who also bring a lot of speed and carry for lots of yardage.  Baker, Morris, Denton, Trahan (QB) and Lara all have multiple rushing TDs.  It seems like defenses are focusing on stopping Draper between the tackles and giving up more yards to the other guys.  Either way, it's been working out just fine. 

I think that it will be a back-and-forth affair with both teams exchanging TDs... The only thing that will change that is if one team or the other can establish a big lead early due to turnovers or by forcing 3-and-outs.  I'm not sure either team is built for coming back if they fall behind by more than a couple of touchdowns. 

VERY good assessment!  Probably the best post on this thread...

Silsbee JV         14

Bridge City JV   14

This was a good game. Silsbee got the ball on the 41 yard line with 36 seconds left in the game. Drove down to the 15 yard line with 1.1 seconds left and had a pass in the end zone and it slipped through the receivers hands as he slipped down on the field.