THE ONE AND ONLY EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW OR NOT TO KNOW ABOUT WO-S THREAD

skipper

Why...why...WHY...continue asking these silly questions? WHY can't some of these posters be satisfied with winning in the division they are sanctioned...4AD2...and stop with the hypothetical questions that are meaningless? 

We are only in week 6 and the Mustangs still have much business to take care of. WO-S fans, try to stay focused on the journey ahead of you...PLEASE!

If we (WO-S) win the state title, at the end of the season is the time to ponder these questions. Not NOW. 

10 minutes ago, skipper said:

yes   wo-s has a lot of stuff to work on and in time the kids there will hit there stride the coaching staff at wo-s is one of the best in the state I feel sure you will agree. if you have seen wo-s play this year you can see what   what they need to fix and I feel the kids there will work there tails off to get it  done .knowing  some of the kids first had they will tell you in a heart beat they are NOT THERE YET.

Agreed.... Giving up too da#n many safeties...

25 minutes ago, pakronos said:

It's ridiculous. It's like they have nothing to talk about...which and what faced wos...can anyone in the state beat WOS yes just cross the bridge to PA...oh yeah that's what I thought....give it a break and act yall been there jeez...we get it, you are the 4a state champs...

I'm from w.o and I'm with u on that one !!ppl need to understand upsets do happen.that they outta worry abt us keeping the kids humble and continuing to get better.instead of acting like there's not a team in the world that can beat us . remember the 88 mustangs going for 3 in a row.we have to stay hunger.nd not get complacent. Thinking all we have to do is show up and we can beat anybody. Look at what happened Friday in the first half.i saw a team out of place in the first half.so why give other teams bulletin material! ! Let's act like we been there ppl.

36 minutes ago, pakronos said:

It's ridiculous. It's like they have nothing to talk about...which and what faced wos...can anyone in the state beat WOS yes just cross the bridge to PA...oh yeah that's what I thought....give it a break and act yall been there jeez...we get it, you are the 4a state champs...

But at the same time we asked to play them and they said no!!

49 minutes ago, griff said:

Furthermore, YES...there are a bunch of teams in the higher classifications that would beat WO-S. 

As a WO-S fan myself, I'm getting weary of this nonsense. 

I am too. Seems like the ppl that keep asking all the these crazy questions never played football.  They're just fans that hasn't been in the trenches to know how hard it is to win a state championship.  They have to consider injuries and the weather conditions. 

42 minutes ago, griff said:

Why...why...WHY...continue asking these silly questions? WHY can't some of these posters be satisfied with winning in the division they are sanctioned...4AD2...and stop with the hypothetical questions that are meaningless? 

We are only in week 6 and the Mustangs still have much business to take care of. WO-S fans, try to stay focused on the journey ahead of you...PLEASE!

If we (WO-S) win the state title, at the end of the season is the time to ponder these questions. Not NOW. 

I'm with you Griff.Good post.I might add that a lot of teams out of our classification would be a disaster for us to play.There are some salty teams down the road in our division we need to be focused on. I for one want to enjoy this moment and could care less about that other stuff and hypotheticals and might add some pretty silly questions.

22 minutes ago, dj said:

I'm from w.o and I'm with u on that one !!ppl need to understand upsets do happen.that they outta worry abt us keeping the kids humble and continuing to get better.instead of acting like there's not a team in the world that can beat us . remember the 88 mustangs going for 3 in a row.we have to stay hunger.nd not get complacent. Thinking all we have to do is show up and we can beat anybody. Look at what happened Friday in the first half.i saw a team out of place in the first half.so why give other teams bulletin material! ! Let's act like we been there ppl.

Oh yes the 88 game with Paris.WH0 THAT.The team the question was...Not if we could beat them but rather by how much.Newton bring back memories.If you are a football fan and have been around for awhile you know the saying" on any given Friday " is just not a saying for someone trying to be cute.Injoy the ride while it last and please stop putting a bigger target on the kids than is already there.

WOS fared pretty well against TJ and Lincoln. Who's to say they couldn't now?

In all seriousness I don't see other WOS people posting those threads but rather others in the area.  It kinda goes with the territory when you're #1 in the state. I'm actually pretty proud they HAVEN'T let it go to their heads. We were 0-4 in games ranked #1 dating back to 1988 until this season (Jasper, Central, CE King and West Brook knocked us off I believe) which is where the true Mustang fans rabid fear of the infamous target comes from, but maybe that's just me.  I've seen them lose too many times when they weren't supposed to to have any confidence past the next week/game.

7 hours ago, dj said:

But at the same time we asked to play them and they said no!!

Actually the two schools have played before. It was a JV game, but we have played. It was Terrance Singleton, Jhuan Seales and Elandon Roberts sophomore year. PAM won and there was a tussle afterwards. (Which is possibly why the teams stopped playing)

1 hour ago, thaghost said:

Actually the two schools have played before. It was a JV game, but we have played. It was Terrance Singleton, Jhuan Seales and Elandon Roberts sophomore year. PAM won and there was a tussle afterwards. (Which is possibly why the teams stopped playing)

WO-S and PAM had two scrimmages several years ago. WO-S outscored PAM in one of them, and PAM returned the favor in the next one. That is the complete history between these two schools. 

pakronos, by creating this thread you are contributing to NOT letting this nonsense stop. 'Never should have started this thread. You can also delete this thread anytime. 

9 hours ago, griff said:

+1