Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

7 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I just read a post saying something about where this happened, at home or at school.  I did wonder how if it happened away from school, that he could be suspended  from school.  What is the precedent/ rule there.  Now like I have said in previous posts he represents the school as a football player which is a privilege to play so that is definitely an area of punishment.

It depends on what the district's Code of Conduct says.  It usually specifies what offenses that are committed off campus are still punishable by the school district.

16 minutes ago, XX Man said:

I really don't think he is making any excuses, after reading the whole thread. All he seems to be doing is revealing the truth of what happened. It also sheds a different light on who was responsible for what. I also think that whoever posted it to twitter should have their hands slapped for perpetuating the hate.

The Twitter post I saw was from the kid at whom this atrocity was directed.  He also posted for everyone to calm down and just handle business on Friday.  The only hand slapping he deserves is a high five IMO.  And a medal for not overreacting to the jerk off who created it. 

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

The Twitter post I saw was from the kid at whom this atrocity was directed.  He also posted for everyone to calm down and just handle business on Friday.  The only hand slapping he deserves is a high five IMO.  And a medal for not overreacting to the jerk off who created it. 

I understood that someone had posted the picture to twitter.

2 minutes ago, XX Man said:

I understood that someone had posted the picture to twitter.

Yes.  The first I saw who posted it was him.  And then a young man from LCM who happens to be one of their best players who was defending him.  

It's quite simple.  We live in a social media age. If you don't want to be exposed as a racist a-hole, don't be one.  

And by the way, he didn't break any laws by doing what he did.  He has the right to say or do stupid things.  He won't be arrested.  But he will suffer consequences for his actions, just like if you or I walked into our jobs and started spewing hateful speech around.  

And I'm tired of this topic already.  I can only hope lessons are learned.  I feel for the innocent folks at WOS and BC that are having to deal with this nonsense.  

Including Dwayne Dubois who had a monstrous task going into this week which was turned into an impossible one by the actions of a kid or two.  If for no other reason than not spoiling an entire season for his other kids instead of one game, I hope he is alllowed to mete out the punishment as he wants.   Now I'm done too. 

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

And by the way, he didn't break any laws by doing what he did.  He has the right to say or do stupid things.  He won't be arrested.  But he will suffer consequences for his actions, just like if you or I walked into our jobs and started spewing hateful speech around.  

I stated that a couple pages back

7 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

So you think all of BC district and whole community should pay for the actions of one kid?  I can not and will not speak for the whole community but I can speak for a few families that I know are a part of the that program.  I know they do not and did not raise their kids to support such behavior or act in any manner close to this.  They are both good Christian families and I have hard time understanding how they should be punished for what happened yesterday.  

Until these sort of acts are Strictly addressed, they will be repeated. In my opinion this borders a Hate Crime to me. If All home games the remainder of the year were players only, the District would feel the pinch and Ensure this sort of heinous act never happens again. This sort of vile behavior must be condemned and exposed for what it is; HATE.  You say the community shouldn't suffer, well I have news for you, both Communities are already suffering. What planet do you live on?? That one kid has stirred up the not so hidden Ugly Side of SETX that made me glad I moved away to go to College. I'm not sure you understand your opening statements, but seems to me that you're concerned more about Football than what damage this has done not only to the WOS kid, but to the Entire SETXcommunity. Yes, that's how deep HATE cuts.  As for the people that liked your comments, I guess they see this as a Football thing that can be solved on the field. SMH

Praying for both families & communities.

#MustDoBetter

19 minutes ago, PNG2720 said:

You're having a hard time understanding how they should be punished! are you for real? I know one thing, I for sure  would have him playing this game, open your mouth suffer the consequences, he would be suspended - homecoming and last home game as a senior!!

I think you might have misunderstood his point... He's talking about punishing the kids who had nothing to do with the situation at hand. People are calling for BC to close home games to fans, etc. That would punish kids who did nothing, their families, and the community at large. 

5 hours ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Until these sort of acts are Strictly addressed, they will be repeated. In my opinion this borders a Hate Crime to me. If All home games the remainder of the year were players only, the District would feel the pinch and Ensure this sort of heinous act never happens again. This sort of vile behavior must be condemned and exposed for what it is; HATE.  You say the community shouldn't suffer, well I have news for you, both Communities are already suffering. What planet do you live on?? That one kid has stirred up the not so hidden Ugly Side of SETX that made me glad I moved away to go to College. I'm not sure you understand your opening statements, but seems to me that you're concerned more about Football than what damage this has done not only to the WOS kid, but to the Entire SETXcommunity. Yes, that's how deep HATE cuts.  As for the people that liked your comments, I guess they see this as a Football thing that can be solved on the field. SMH

Praying for both families & communities.

#MustDoBetter

No you misunderstood my point, it has nothing to do with football.  I understand both communities are hurting and if you knew me you would know it hurts me as well.  The decisions that kId made  are almost unforgive able as far I am concerned.  You can cancel BC whole year I don't give a crap.  I just don't blame the football program for his actions if he truly acted alone and that's a big IF.  The person that should be held responsible is that young man and who ever is responsible for putting them thoughts in his head or lead him to believe that was acceptable.  Him, his parents and whatever presence he has in his life that planted that behavior is responsible for the pain caused to that young man, his family and both communities.  I agree with you it should be a hate crime and there is no discipline the school or football program can provide that will provide the justice needed to the victims.  It's the parents responsibility to raise our children and be held accountable for their actions when they fail.  My point is that  you can punish the football program and the kids not involved with this all you want but until the mic is handed to that young man AND his parents for accountability then we are just diffusing the responsibility.

9 hours ago, MAYFIELD said:

I don't know if there is a such thing as a proper punishment. I am more concern with what lesson are we to teach those kids. I have learned to analyze myself because a lot of what kids display is from what we put in front of there eyes. Some it's all they know how to do, I have learned they can change, but we must help them. As far as the Kid from WOS, I applaud you for your calmness. I applaud you for not walking the same path going back and forth. Hold you head up, lower your body down, and keep playing ball. Remember you are only what you answer too, and right now you are better than that picture or remarks. Now my last word I ask of you and it maybe hard, but forgive them, don't carry their foolishness on your shoulders.

I agree with you. The players at WO-S are intelligent, and wise beyond their years, the one thing that they know how to do is overcome adversities. They know perseverance, and they will shine tonight.

1 hour ago, rykerx144 said:

No you misunderstood my point, it has nothing to do with football.  I understand both communities are hurting and if you knew me you would know it hurts me as well.  The decisions that kId made  are almost unforgive able as far I am concerned.  You can cancel BC whole year I don't give a crap.  I just don't blame the football program for his actions if he truly acted alone and that's a big IF.  The person that should be held responsible is that young man and who ever is responsible for putting them thoughts in his head or lead him to believe that was acceptable.  Him, his parents and whatever presence he has in his life that planted that behavior is responsible for the pain caused to that young man, his family and both communities.  I agree with you it should be a hate crime and there is no discipline the school or football program can provide that will provide the justice needed to the victims.  It's the parents responsibility to raise our children and be held accountable for their actions when they fail.  My point is that  you can punish the football program and the kids not involved with this all you want but until the mic is handed to that young man AND his parents for accountability then we are just diffusing the responsibility.

I totally understand your point, but when is enough; Enough?? Listen, I don't want to get on a Soapbox & seem like an opportunistic politician, but most on here agree something more needs to be done. Accountability must be established and prayerfully the young man will realize there are consequences for All actions, good & bad. I will no longer post anything pertaining to this matter out of respect for both communities. Kids are reading & watching our actions so we must be accountable as well. Have a great game BC & WOS. To you Sir, if I have offended you in any way, my apologies. Can't get on here speaking of accountability & not be accountable myself. This is the day the Lord has made. Let us Rejoice and be glad

I have traveled the world and one thing is constant. 

Racism exists in several forms.  It stays strong and prevalent because it is taught through ignorance.

Teach your kids patience and understanding.  

Teach them by example, in everything you say and do, in private moments as well as public ones.

Teach them about the history of the world and its ignorance when it comes to racism.  

You will not know all the answers.  You are not supposed to.

Speaking from experience, teach them about racism before the world gives its lessons.

I would rather have this conversation at home, in your church, or on this forum.

Lots of places in the world will not give you a second chance.  

Learn the lesson early before it costs you way more than your integrity and dignity.

11 hours ago, Scatright said:

I have never known a football coach to not have the final authority regarding whether or not athletes are allowed to be on the team. The board may decide the length of the school suspension, but I'd be shocked if Dubois doesn't have the power to remove the kid from the team. 

school board policy overrides any decision by a head coach