Baton Rouge

PhatMack19

Tobie, let's say your figures are correct. Since blacks have been sniping, sneaking up from behind and shooting, unloading their clips into deputies at gas stations, and various other methods to kill white police officers (although a couple have been black), what did you really expect to happen. Anyone who would kill a cop will kill ANYONE. I don't belong to any groups, but I can see why it happens. Don't blacks have their groups?

6 hours ago, bullets13 said:

He's honored criminals such as Michael Brown before the facts came out, turning them into heroes when in fact they were common criminals who were rightfully killed by police.  This has lead to unjust anger, which has led to violence in some instances. There are still A LOT of people who think Mike Brown is a hero who was murdered for no reason, even though conclusive evidence has come out that the officer did nothing wrong, and that the killing was completely justified.  Before that evidence came out, Obama spoke out on his behalf, spearheaded a biased government investigation into the issue,  and even sent representatives to his funeral.  Through his words and actions, he essentially blamed a white cop for the murder of an innocent black man.  This helped fuel the flames, and ignited anger.  When it came out that Mike Brown brought the killing onto himself, Obama never said another word about it, and many of the folks who he moved to use Brown as a rallying cry against police brutality never quit believing the original false narrative he put out there.  That pattern has continued to repeat itself.

Good response. ..

So up until that point race relations were not going down. If Obama nevermind said anything about mike. Would they still have been roits and the cop killings we have today. I'm only asking because I've heard this about Obama long before the mike brown incident.

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Good response. ..

So up until that point race relations were not going down. If Obama nevermind said anything about mike. Would they still have been roits and the cop killings we have today. I'm only asking because I've heard this about Obama long before the mike brown incident.

Its the lack of what he doesn't say.

20 hours ago, bullets13 said:

WhThere have been as many or more cops killed in these two ambush shootings than there have been black men unjustly murdered by police in the last two years.  The fact that you read a statement saying that it happens daily, and "whole heartedly agree with it", is a perfect example of the biggest problem that law enforcement faces right now.  You take statements like that at face value, despite the fact that statistics are readily available to dispute them. While no unjustified killing by police is acceptable, several hundred thousand police officers are under direct attack based on the actions of .001% of their ranks, and based on the skewed coverage of the actions of that .001%. Combine that with coverage of lawful actions by police that are portrayed falsely in the media as unlawful, and the appearance is that "roving gangs of insecure, undertrained, mentally weak, lying racist cops are murdering innocent people daily."  Police make tens of millions of police contacts with African American males a year, many of which occur when responding to calls about violent crimes. Despite these tens of millions of interactions, only 258 African Americans were killed by police last year, the overwhelming majority of which were unquestionably justified.  Sadly, the misinformation being given out by social media, as well as major media outlets, is causing hatred towards police officers, and a lack of respect and compliance.  Ironically, that disrespect and lack of compliance means more and more people are failing to follow directives, and even attacking officers, leading to many of these police shootings.  

What is the total amount of people killed by cops per year? white,black, Hispanic etc

3 hours ago, baddog said:

Tobie, let's say your figures are correct. Since blacks have been sniping, sneaking up from behind and shooting, unloading their clips into deputies at gas stations, and various other methods to kill white police officers (although a couple have been black), what did you really expect to happen. Anyone who would kill a cop will kill ANYONE. I don't belong to any groups, but I can see why it happens. Don't blacks have their groups?

Do white people kill police officers? The cop killings are horrible and unjustified.If some of you guys are not black, you don't undetstand; thus you CANNOT tell us what we should think and feel or ridicule our feelings and our outrage at what we perceive as injustices. We had a saying in the early 90s "It is a black thing, you wont understand."

3 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Do white people kill police officers? The cop killings are horrible and unjustified.If some of you guys are not black, you don't undetstand; thus you CANNOT tell us what we should think and feel or ridicule our feelings and our outrage at what we perceive as injustices. We had a saying in the early 90s "It is a black thing, you wont understand."

What's to understand? I asked you on another thread just what it is that you can't do today. I got crickets. If you have to Google it, then your cries are pretty lame.

8 minutes ago, Big girl said:

And you CANNOT change our perception.

No one is asking you to change your perception......

You should learn the law though......

Police Officers will continue to protect themselves lawfully, like MOST have. The cops are following the law.

It is the Facebook attorneys making these stupid claims, like a cop can't make you get out of a car, or you don't have to comply.......that is getting people killed......and the Cops acquitted. 

2 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Good response. ..

This is the hidden content, please

Pam, this is a recent example of how he fans the flames of hate between police & blacks.  He's right, police could do better, but until robots take over as police, they'll never be perfect.  The point is, why doesn't he address all of us about being compliant with the police?  That one thing has resulted in most, if not all, of the deaths of these black men, and the hatred toward the police.  

To me, the most ironic thing about all this, the vast majority of black men protesting would have done the same thing as the police did if they where in the identical situation.  

23 hours ago, bullets13 said:

WhThere have been as many or more cops killed in these two ambush shootings than there have been black men unjustly murdered by police in the last two years.  The fact that you read a statement saying that it happens daily, and "whole heartedly agree with it", is a perfect example of the biggest problem that law enforcement faces right now.  You take statements like that at face value, despite the fact that statistics are readily available to dispute them. While no unjustified killing by police is acceptable, several hundred thousand police officers are under direct attack based on the actions of .001% of their ranks, and based on the skewed coverage of the actions of that .001%. Combine that with coverage of lawful actions by police that are portrayed falsely in the media as unlawful, and the appearance is that "roving gangs of insecure, undertrained, mentally weak, lying racist cops are murdering innocent people daily."  Police make tens of millions of police contacts with African American males a year, many of which occur when responding to calls about violent crimes. Despite these tens of millions of interactions, only 258 African Americans were killed by police last year, the overwhelming majority of which were unquestionably justified.  Sadly, the misinformation being given out by social media, as well as major media outlets, is causing hatred towards police officers, and a lack of respect and compliance.  Ironically, that disrespect and lack of compliance means more and more people are failing to follow directives, and even attacking officers, leading to many of these police shootings.  

What is the total amount of people killed by cops per year? white,black, Hispanic, because some cops appear to be trigger happy.

1 hour ago, thetragichippy said:

Don Lemon is lucky all this was on video....I'm pretty sure that Sheriff wanted to kick his butt!

So, he doesn't speak for everyone

2 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

No one is asking you to change your perception......

You should learn the law though......

Police Officers will continue to protect themselves lawfully, like MOST have. The cops are following the law.

It is the Facebook attorneys making these stupid claims, like a cop can't make you get out of a car, or you don't have to comply.......that is getting people killed......and the Cops acquitted. 

A police officer should not kill Someone, because they refuse to get out of the car. Aren't they taught to deesculate; instead of, escalate a situation. I taught a high school health science and medical terminology class. When a kid did something we didn't like we didn't beat them up or if a kid refused to leave the room we didn't kick the desk to make them fall out of the chair. We just waited, because eventually they would have to go to the bathroom. I learned that a kid was more apt to listen if they felt respected by a teacher rather then bullied.

18 hours ago, stevenash said:

Big Girl- DOnt go there- He is more conversant with criminal law than most any lawyer is going to be.

I know Tx Hoops is a lawyer. You all seem to ask this guy a lot of legal questions so I asked if he was a lawyer ; as well. Some of you are so defensive.

3 hours ago, baddog said:

What's to understand? I asked you on another thread just what it is that you can't do today. I got crickets. If you have to Google it, then your cries are pretty lame.

The fact that you wrote this shows you dont understand or know what you are talking about hence "it is a black thing, you dont undetstand."

9 minutes ago, Big girl said:

The fact that you wrote this shows you dont understand or know what you are talking about hence "it is a black thing, you dont undetstand."

Lame...... Tell me something specific that you, as a black woman, cannot do today, that I can. Pretty simple question, and I don't have to be black to understand anything. That's just a coverup for not answering.

55 minutes ago, Big girl said:

So, he doesn't speak for everyone

A police officer should not kill Someone, because they refuse to get out of the car. Aren't they taught to deesculate; instead of, escalate a situation. I taught a high school health science and medical terminology class. When a kid did something we didn't like we didn't beat them up or if a kid refused to leave the room we didn't kick the desk to make them fall out of the chair. We just waited, because eventually they would have to go to the bathroom. I learned that a kid was more apt to listen if they felt respected by a teacher rather then bullied.

That is not the way law enforcement works. They do not have to say pretty please, they have to do their job. 

I respect your opinion of what you THINK should happen, but that is not the law. The officers are enforcing the law, and people are getting killed mostly for resisting, or attacking, or giving the cop to feel they are about to attack.

We can debate as long as you want about what should happen, but if the laws are not changed, neither will Police procedure. I don't see how the laws could change. If someone does not want to get out the car once ordered, I can't see a cop going sit in his car and waiting him out........

18 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

That is not the way law enforcement works. They do not have to say pretty please, they have to do their job. 

I respect your opinion of what you THINK should happen, but that is not the law. The officers are enforcing the law, and people are getting killed mostly for resisting, or attacking, or giving the cop to feel they are about to attack.

We can debate as long as you want about what should happen, but if the laws are not changed, neither will Police procedure. I don't see how the laws could change. If someone does not want to get out the car once ordered, I can't see a cop going sit in his car and waiting him out........

I literally laughed out loud..........oh the visual!

6 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Its the lack of what he doesn't say.

Nailed it, but he will meet with BLM and not say a word about their chants of pigs in a blanket, fry like bacon.  He will tell BLM that cops need to handle themselves differently, but does not say anything about the way they handle themselves when approached by an officer.  Yobammy absolutely not lifting a finger to help the problem.  He should condemn the actions of BLM, not rub shoulders with them and kiss their arses.