Baton Rouge

PhatMack19

18 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Nailed it, but he will meet with BLM and not say a word about their chants of pigs in a blanket, fry like bacon.  He will tell BLM that cops need to handle themselves differently, but does not say anything about the way they handle themselves when approached by an officer.  Yobammy absolutely not lifting a finger to help the problem.  He should condemn the actions of BLM, not rub shoulders with them and kiss their arses.

5 months and Yomammy be gone

On 7/18/2016 at 7:46 PM, BS Wildcats said:

How do u know who posted it that thet meant it as hyperbole?  The way u posted that, it came from someone other than you.  Unless you personally know the poster, u have no idea that it was added for effect.  Doubt it was.

He is on my Facebook page. What does that tell you? Think before responding. 

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

REBgp- its too difficult for you and I to understand.  One must be "enlightened".

I said Tx Hoops is a lawyer that is his pen name. I asked if TVC 184 is one as well, because some people ask him a lot of legal questions. What is so hard to understand?

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

Come on BIg Girl- answer the question

I can't hang out in Vidor. I am not sure if I can hang out in Lumberton. I can't open carry without being viewed suspiciously. I can't spend 500 on groceries without someone assuming I have a Lone Star card. If you are wearing scrubs some people might assume you are a doctor or Registered Nurse. I can't count the number of times that I have been asked if I am a Nursing assistant by a white person making a measly  $10/Hr. My husband and I once owned a home health agency. We had 14 employees ,so we didn't work much. A neighbor asked me what we did for a living and I told her. She said "oh, that's why you guys are always home." "I thought you all were drug dealers. Would someone make that assumption about you?  Some people automatically assume my son is attending Baylor because of affirmative action. (He had a 4.9 on a 4.0 scale. He is an AP schlor because he made a 3 or more on numerous AP tests )ECT. The list goes on.

28 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I can't hang out in Vidor. I am not sure if I can hang out in Lumberton. I can't open carry without being viewed suspiciously. I can't spend 500 on groceries without someone assuming I have a Lone Star card. If you are wearing scrubs some people might assume you are a doctor or Registered Nurse. I can't count the number of times that I have been asked if I am a Nursing assistant by a white person making a measly  $10/Hr. My husband and I once owned a home health agency. We had 14 employees ,so we didn't work much. A neighbor asked me what we did for a living and I told her. She said "oh, that's why you guys are always home." "I thought you all were drug dealers. Would someone make that assumption about you?  Some people automatically assume my son is attending Baylor because of affirmative action. (He had a 4.9 on a 4.0 scale. He is an AP schlor because he made a 3 or more on numerous AP tests )ECT. The list goes on.

I'd bet you'd be safer in Vidor or Lumberton on a Saturday night than I'd be walking down Irving street on that same night.  

48 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Are you actually whining about being profiled while in the same breath profiling other people? Don't answer, it was rhetorical.

32 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I'd bet you'd be safer in Vidor or Lumberton on a Saturday night than I'd be walking down Irving street on that same night.  

I will take my chances on walking down Irving Street. I live in Houston and I've had to visit patients in some pretty rough neighborhoods such as Acres Home, Settegast, 3rd and 5th wards. I never felt uncomfortable. I would feel very uncomfortable in Vidor. I would constantly look over my shoulder thinking that a member of the kkk might do me harm. Do you guys remember that black guy they moved to Vidor. He was harassed unmercifully. He mysteriously vanished and they found his body in Beaumont. No sir, I wouldn't go to Vidor even if you offered to pay me

9 hours ago, Big girl said:

What is the total amount of people killed by cops per year? white,black, Hispanic, because some cops appear to be trigger happy.

Numbers are unreliable, but i saw a statement of 990 last year that was published in a BBC article today.  That seems remarkably low to me, considering there are approximately 800,000 police officers in the US dealing with criminals on a daily basis, many armed with weapons and resisting arrest. I'd be curious what he says, but TVC has been a law enforcement officer for 30 years, and has never shot anybody.  I'm willing to bet he's had dozens, if not hundreds of incidents where he could've done so legally.  The vast majority of officers show tremendous restraint when it comes to use of deadly force, and some officers have been killed because of that.  

33 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I will take my chances on walking down Irving Street. I live in Houston and I've had to visit patients in some pretty rough neighborhoods such as Acres Home, Settegast, 3rd and 5th wards. I never felt uncomfortable. I would feel very uncomfortable in Vidor. I would constantly look over my shoulder thinking that a member of the kkk might do me harm. Do you guys remember that black guy they moved to Vidor. He was harassed unmercifully. He mysteriously vanished and they found his body in Beaumont. No sir, I wouldn't go to Vidor even if you offered to pay me

And I work in inner city Beaumont, and while I'm comfortable there, I have been targeted and harassed there because I'm white.  So I guess that works both ways.  

14 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Good response. ..

So up until that point race relations were not going down. If Obama nevermind said anything about mike. Would they still have been roits and the cop killings we have today. I'm only asking because I've heard this about Obama long before the mike brown incident.

I think if he'd used his pedestal to encourage citizens to wait for the facts, and then defended the officer when they came out, instead of going along with the incident being a racial issue, and then had he addressed the situation when it was proven not to be, it would've gone a long way to settling things down.  Instead it became a launching point for growing hatred and rage, much of which is misguided.  I don't pretend to know what it's like to be black, and I certainly don't pretend that there aren't still situations where black men are profiled and hassled by cops because of their race, but I do know that treatment of African Americans by police is fairer than it's ever been, and continues to improve. I don't know that that will continue if cops continue to be ambushed and assassinated.  More likely we're going to see more situations like in Baltimore, where crime skyrocketed because police are not out beating the pavement stopping crime, and only responding once crimes are committed.  Ironically, the same people that blamed police in Baltimore for hassling young black men are now complaining because the lower police presence on the streets has led to an astronomical rise in crime.

11 hours ago, Big girl said:

You should come ask some of the black folks that live in my neighborhood. It is funny, probably less than 1 or 2% black, yet our Wal-Mart is very diverse. I'm sure that is because it is much newer and cleaner that the Beaumont location. Our crime rate is well below state and national averages, so you really have nothing to fear.

As for your open carrying comment, I would look at you suspicious. Since open carry passed, I have seen no one open carrying in Lumberton. I would look at anyone that is open carrying suspiciously, no matter what race. My suggestion is to conceal, that way you won't be a target/threat if someone does decide to pull a gun in a place you are at. 

10 hours ago, Big girl said:

Didn't know you were a Houstonian.  I was born in Vidor, and lived there 65 years.  When I was little, I once ask my dad, why don't you join the KKK?   He said if he wanted to whip someone's a$$, he didn't want his face covered.  He wanted them to know who was doing it.  He had worked himself into a foreman job, and when the bosses had to layoff people, he had to tell them.   Though it happened often, as work came & went, the only time he was upset enough he said something at home, was when he had to tell this one particular black man (not Mr. Simpson).

So let me tell you an accurate account of Bill Simpson to the best of my knowledge, as fairly as I can.  First, Vidor was known as "bloody Vidor", not for racial reasons, but for the white on white killings, mostly in the bars right outside of town before the precinct was voted "dry" & alcohol could no longer be sold.  Second, the last Klan I saw in Vidor was about 1972, when outsiders came in to recruit.  You'll like this story.  My son and I passed them & and my son ask, who is that Daddy, as they had their ceremonial outfits on.  I said, that's the Ku Klux Klan.  He said excitedly, the Ku Klux Clowns.  I literally lol.   Now, I don't doubt Mr. Simpson received anonymous threats.  At that time, pay phones and mail, offered Anyone, from Anywhere, the opportunity to do that, much like the Internet does now.  I also doubt they were all from Vidorians.  One big problem he had in Vidor, no car, and no public transportation.  He was partially crippled, so he couldn't get around good, and unlike Beaumont where you had buses, taxis, and small stores in most neighborhoods, there weren't any close to that project at the time.  No movies to see, not much at all to do. I don't know if he drank, but if so, then, he'd have to go about 3 miles to get alcohol.  That said, those two circumstances would even make a crippled white person not want to live there if no car.

The sad thing, he may have been afraid to live in Vidor, but Nothing physical happened to him there.   His first day back in Beaumont, he was gunned down in the streets by a black thug.  Had he stayed in Vidor, he'd probably died of old age, or boredom.  I understand him wanting to move back to Beaumont, threats or no threats.  But in the end, which place was safer for him?