Baton Rouge

PhatMack19

4 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

You should come ask some of the black folks that live in my neighborhood. It is funny, probably less than 1 or 2% black, yet our Wal-Mart is very diverse. I'm sure that is because it is much newer and cleaner that the Beaumont location. Our crime rate is well below state and national averages, so you really have nothing to fear.

As for your open carrying comment, I would look at you suspicious. Since open carry passed, I have seen no one open carrying in Lumberton. I would look at anyone that is open carrying suspiciously, no matter what race. My suggestion is to conceal, that way you won't be a target/threat if someone does decide to pull a gun in a place you are at. 

I agree on the open carry hippy.  First and foremost, it makes you a potential target for assault from behind, just to get your weapon.  Therefore, In my mind, I would question the the mentality of that person.  That's just my take.  It may be legal, but in most cases, not the smart/right thing to do.  Occasionally, yes.  You and your wife/girl friend on a secluded beach for instance.  Sure.  No one will sneak up behind you, plus, it'll deter a would be attacker.  

20 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

You should come ask some of the black folks that live in my neighborhood. It is funny, probably less than 1 or 2% black, yet our Wal-Mart is very diverse. I'm sure that is because it is much newer and cleaner that the Beaumont location. Our crime rate is well below state and national averages, so you really have nothing to fear.

As for your open carrying comment, I would look at you suspicious. Since open carry passed, I have seen no one open carrying in Lumberton. I would look at anyone that is open carrying suspiciously, no matter what race. My suggestion is to conceal, that way you won't be a target/threat if someone does decide to pull a gun in a place you are at. 

They would definitely get and keep my attention when I was around them...just looks out of place for someone to open carry that isn't law enforcement.

And I agree, it would have nothing to do with race.

14 minutes ago, stevenash said:

You will get no response on this one REBgp as it does not fit the narrative she is trying to push.

Probably not stevenash, but at least she'll know more about the incident than she did, because that's as honest assessment as I can give.  It's based on what I know of the physical location of that project, and Vidor.  It's always amazed me that the media blamed his killing on Vidor, when he was senselessly shot in Beaumont by a hoodlum.  Why not blame it on the guy who killed him?   Vidor didn't.  Beaumont didn't.  One idiot did.  Typical misdirection.