Silsbee vs PNG

10 minutes ago, The Icon said:

There is the always the "how dose your JV look" thread and "lose/loose" guy

Judge not, that ye not be judged.

For with that judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it will be measured to you again.

(Matthew 7:1-2)

7 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

After the Mustangs and Broncos are tamed and all we use them to start a stagecoach and ride through district lol

image.jpeg

That's a nice team,outruns Indians until the coach loses control:)Headline news material right there

9 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

BF has never been a two way starter kind of guy, although this year it looks like he may change that. At least for a  couple players. Shouldn't be like Silsbee, though. Thought they would more than 2 or 3...BTW, grammar is knowing your sh%t or knowing you're sh%t.....

Well he had better learn or it will be the same every year, I would have put him back in the secondary myself just because of his speed, who knows he might excel there at defensive end who knows.

4 hours ago, biaplayer said:

Well he had better learn or it will be the same every year, I would have put him back in the secondary myself just because of his speed, who knows he might excel there at defensive end who knows.

Other than Mczeal, I do not know of another kid that needs to go both ways.... I think ability drops off after him...

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

Boast for one, Johnson would be good at the safety position

I do not think any of the above listed kids would upgrade at another position was my point.. If LL was playing corner, possibly he could upgrade in the slot... But you cant play LB and be effective on O.... Maybe athletic wise RJ would be a upgrade, however a sophomore might struggle with coverages unless you are a Sage Seau type (which he played exclusively as a freshman and sophomore).. I do think the above mentioned are far superior athletic wise in comparison to others... If Morris is a upgrade, then he needs to be on the O line.... Throw all the internet talks aside, the D is very small behind the line.. Moving a CB to LB will tell you that.. And I am still waiting for a response from 99 on all the speed he talks of.... Defensively, my guess would be only a few defenders hit the 4 second mark...... Secondary might average 150..... LBs might average 160..... 

5 hours ago, NDNation said:

Didn't Rose play both ways, never leaving the field?

4 hours ago, hookem14 said:

No, he played defense occasionally at corner in clutch situations at crucial times against the opponents #1 receiver and did a very good job, but not on a regular basis.   

Correct, from what i heard baby bro led district in receiving his last year. I was confused why he didnt get bigger offers from schools.  I was still in college at the time. Wish I could have seen him dawg that Tony Brown kid from Ozen.

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

I do not think any of the above listed kids would upgrade at another position was my point.. If LL was playing corner, possibly he could upgrade in the slot... But you cant play LB and be effective on O.... Maybe athletic wise RJ would be a upgrade, however a sophomore might struggle with coverages unless you are a Sage Seau type (which he played exclusively as a freshman and sophomore).. I do think the above mentioned are far superior athletic wise in comparison to others... If Morris is a upgrade, then he needs to be on the O line.... Throw all the internet talks aside, the D is very small behind the line.. Moving a CB to LB will tell you that.. And I am still waiting for a response from 99 on all the speed he talks of.... Defensively, my guess would be only a few defenders hit the 4 second mark...... Secondary might average 150..... LBs might average 160..... 

I think Johnson could definitely play safety. He looks lanky but the kid is about 180-185 pounds and can hit. That's bigger than your 160 average. The thing is you will never/rarely see that at PNG because of his value as a QB and offensive weapon period. You don't stick your QB out there to giant hits. He has taken practice reps at CB/S in the past though. While it is a definite low possibility, it can happen.

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

Starting DB's

Vaughn is about 135

Wommack is about 170

Stansbury is about 160

Bost is about 205

Starting LB's

Lejeune is about 185

Lebouef is about 190

Robinson is about 205

9 minutes ago, hookem14 said:

Starting DB's

Vaughn is about 135

Wommack is about 170

Stansbury is about 160

Bost is about 205

Starting LB's

Lejeune is about 185

Lebouef is about 190

Robinson is about 205

Those are generous weights..... I know every kid you listed...... Ill scale them up for $100 per pound you are off......... The heights and weights get blown up over the years on here.............

9 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I think Johnson could definitely play safety. He looks lanky but the kid is about 180-185 pounds and can hit. That's bigger than your 160 average. The thing is you will never/rarely see that at PNG because of his value as a QB and offensive weapon period. You don't stick your QB out there to giant hits. He has taken practice reps at CB/S in the past though. While it is a definite low possibility, it can happen.

My point exactly. 

2 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Those are generous weights..... I know every kid you listed...... Ill scale them up for $100 per pound you are off......... 

I know them as well, as a matter of fact, a few of them were recently at my home and I saw them on a scale..... But I'm sure you are right!!!

1 minute ago, hookem14 said:

LOL

I stand corrected then..... We are in great shape on defense with tons of speed and great size. This will be the best defense that has seen the field for PN-G in years. Im excited for the season to start and see the wood laid....... When you average 6 foot 200 at LB we will be a force to be reckoned with....

27 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Correct, from what i heard baby bro led district in receiving his last year. I was confused why he didnt get bigger offers from schools.  I was still in college at the time. Wish I could have seen him dawg that Tony Brown kid from Ozen.

your brothers senior year he was unstoppable. He made it look easy!!!!!