Silsbee vs PNG

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

1943!! That's before segregation. There were 2 schools in Silsbee back then. Silsbee high and Waldo Frazier Mathews. 

It had to have been around 59-61 when Silsbee integrated. Silsbee players were excited about winning more games but bummed about losing starting positions. :)

4 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Is there any history books on Silsbee. Sounds like it would be an interesting read?

Probably just a lot of word of mouth. Best place to learn it is in the foyer at a Silsbee basketball tournament.  Always an oldtimer helping out that will take some time and tell you about it. It's not all pretty, like when the Waldo Matthews school was burned to the ground

On 8/3/2016 at 2:40 PM, BADSANTA said:
4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The problem with the hitting is it will be hard to hit what you don't see.  One of Silsbee's RB's is a ghost runner...  The other one is a brick wall...  2nd coming of thunder and lightening.  You'll see.  If that O-Line did what they did vs. Ozen , Silsbee will put up huge numbers , in the atmosphere and all...

Silsbee wins 46-30

that rb,and brick wall you are talking about is about to meet the landsharks,cole,and logan will be laying the steel pipe,so dem boys better have there helmet straps real tight,this is no prac-tice any more i can promise you they will be looking to putting a hurting on who never comes near them,lol,we shall see,but png is not ozen,if your going off that prac-tice you will lose,i still look for a great game no matter what with that being said.

4 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

that rb,and brick wall you are talking about is about to meet the landsharks,cole,and logan will be laying the steel pipe,so dem boys better have there helmet straps real tight,this is no prac-tice any more i can promise you they will be looking to putting a hurting on who never comes near them,lol,we shall see,but png is not ozen,if your going off that prac-tice you will lose,i still look for a great game no matter what with that being said.

And I'm pretty sure Adonis and Calvin both will be looking to put a hurting on whoever comes at them as well. And good luck stopping Barnes in open space..

On 8/3/2016 at 2:40 PM, BADSANTA said:
4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:
10 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

And I'm pretty sure Adonis and Calvin both will be looking to put a hurting on whoever comes at them as well. And good luck stopping Barnes in open space..

The problem with the hitting is it will be hard to hit what you don't see.  One of Silsbee's RB's is a ghost runner...  The other one is a brick wall...  2nd coming of thunder and lightening.  You'll see.  If that O-Line did what they did vs. Ozen , Silsbee will put up huge numbers , in the atmosphere and all...

Silsbee wins 46-30

barnes wont be a problem,we will just put the monster 6 ft 5 225 pounder on him keynel mczeal,i can promise you he can handle him,lol,if hes not catching the ball then im sure you will see him all on def wrecking people

Barnes reminds me of Michael Crabtree. He is big and fast and plays very as if you stole his lunch money and he wants it back now!!! What up with Mike McCain? Silsbee defense will need to stop PNG passing game and limit that rb to short runs. Hopefully our kids are ready to go get that W!!! I expect a big game from Jones and Tyler. 

32 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Great length, 4.4 speed,  and can make you miss...  It'll be fun seeing him out there...

The kid is very athletic! ! I would like  to see him run routes besides a simple go route or a hitch route makes him easy to cover.bcz if any dB coach run cover 2 on him would give him problems. I'm quite sure everyone outta know by now he can run with that size.

2 minutes ago, dj said:

The kid is very athletic! ! I would like  to see him run routes besides a simple go route or a hitch route makes him easy to cover.bcz if any dB coach run cover 2 on him would give him problems. I'm quite sure everyone outta know by now he can run with that size.

I've seen him run other routs besides go routs....

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I've seen him run other routs besides go routs....

I have too !! I'm only saying watch his route running on anything underneath. But we both can agree he is very smooth wen he does get it he can take it to the house.i think it's sky's the limit for him. I've watched him last year to dis year.even from 7 on 7.to both there scrimmage. I just think route running has to get better !! If not he will make his self easy to cover.

7 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

He is only 16 years old

LOL , yes that's the scary part of it !!trust me I know he will only get better.  Every athlete has something that they need to work on.and route running and getting off a jam will b his.and right out the box against PNG want b no cake walk.very discipline team.

17 minutes ago, dj said:

LOL , yes that's the scary part of it !!trust me I know he will only get better.  Every athlete has something that they need to work on.and route running and getting off a jam will b his.and right out the box against PNG want b no cake walk.very discipline team.

There is that word again. 

18 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

wrong quote... sorry. 

From DJ:    The kid is very athletic! ! I would like  to see him run routes besides a simple go route or a hitch route makes him easy to cover.bcz if any dB coach run cover 2 on him would give him problems. I'm quite sure everyone outta know by now he can run with that size.

Offensive scheme has to have routes to run.  First year in a LONG TIME for established routes (Within a Run First Offense) in Silsbee.

KB will clean it up.  Right now he doesn't have to because his skill set allows him to get away with it.

That being said it is his responsibility to improve after being coached, but go ahead and man him up. 

You better get to Jones quick otherwise he gets the ball off and then it becomes very much a skill game, how many DBs in 4A can match up

without help?  (que the WOS mob)

jmo

3 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Offensive scheme has to have routes to run.  First year in a LONG TIME for established routes (Within a Run First Offense) in Silsbee.

KB will clean it up.  Right now he doesn't have to because his skill set allows him to get away with it.

That being said it is his responsibility to improve after being coached, but go ahead and man him up. 

You better get to Jones quick otherwise he gets the ball off and then it becomes very much a skill game, how many DBs in 4A can match up

without help?  (que the WOS mob)

jmo

1 catch 7 yards

That was last year when he wasn't the primary target.  Will it happen again? Who knows...but there are several reasons that a number like that could happen and they aren't all because of the coverage.  I doubt that if you were to take out the variables that aren't under his control, one on one Kaylon would more than hold his own.