Silsbee vs PNG

4 hours ago, Mr.Green Jeans said:

It may be a little early to discuss, but this should be one of the best week one games in the state to see.

It's definitely going to be a huge game in SETX, and probably a close and well played one. I don't think it will be anywhere close to one of the best week 1 games if you look at the schedule though. There's nowhere to hide week 1 and there are a bunch of Crosby vs Manvel type games around the state being played to open the season. Doesn't Ned play WOS to open the season too? I would think they make that the SETX game of the week anyway.

23 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Is Crosby vs Manvel really a SETX game tho? More of a Greater Houston Area game, don't you think?

That being said, the aforementioned game will be one of the better ones in the state.

That's why I said Ned vs WOS would be the SETX game of the week. I know Crosby vs Manvel wouldn't really be considered a SETX game, I just mentioned it because those are the type games the initial comment was incorporating.

26 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Is Crosby vs Manvel really a SETX game tho? More of a Greater Houston Area game, don't you think?

That being said, the aforementioned game will be one of the better ones in the state.

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That's why I said Ned vs WOS would be the SETX game of the week. I know Crosby vs Manvel wouldn't really be considered a SETX game, I just mentioned it because those are the type games the initial comment was incorporating.

Depends on who you ask and how you reference what is truly SETX.

Crosby vs. Manvel - geographically is more SETX (as Liberty, Texas is the hub of SETX)

To members of this site and residents of the golden triangle, NED vs WOS is more SETX

1 hour ago, theNeed4Speed said:

Depends on who you ask and how you reference what is truly SETX.

Crosby vs. Manvel - geographically is more SETX (as Liberty, Texas is the hub of SETX)

To members of this site and residents of the golden triangle, NED vs WOS is more SETX

I agree with you 1000% but that's an argument I gave up on long ago on this site. If you ask someone from Houston to describe where they live they'll tell you southeast Texas, you ask them where Beaumont is and they'll tell you East Texas. To us there's really no difference between Beaumont, Lufkin, Cleveland, Marshall or Newton. Even if you look at it longitudinally places like Houston and Baytown are farther south than Nederland, Port Arthur, Beaumont or Orange. You'll never win that one here.  

36 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I agree with you 1000% but that's an argument I gave up on long ago on this site. If you ask someone from Houston to describe where they live they'll tell you southeast Texas, you ask them where Beaumont is and they'll tell you East Texas. To us there's really no difference between Beaumont, Lufkin, Cleveland, Marshall or Newton. Even if you look at it longitudinally places like Houston and Baytown are farther south than Nederland, Port Arthur, Beaumont or Orange. You'll never win that one here.  

Trust me, I have been trying to educate for the last 8 years. It's definitely a lost cause. Lol

But the site has expanded exponentially in the last couple years and those guys work hard and serve us well. No complaints on my mind.

If you watch HS Extra, they break it down by regions: Greater Houston, DFW Metro, CenTex, Golden Triangle... etc. I consider Crosby to be more Greater Houston than SETX. However, if you put me on a map and asked me the relative location of Crosby, I suppose I would say Southeast.

Ned vs WO-S will be a one sided whoopin, at least PN-G and Silsbee will be competitive. Both PN-G and Silsbee are replacing guys, while WO-S is rolling in with, I believe, 20 returning starters.

18 hours ago, The Icon said:

If you watch HS Extra, they break it down by regions: Greater Houston, DFW Metro, CenTex, Golden Triangle... etc. I consider Crosby to be more Greater Houston than SETX. However, if you put me on a map and asked me the relative location of Crosby, I suppose I would say Southeast.

Ned vs WO-S will be a one sided whoopin, at least PN-G and Silsbee will be competitive. Both PN-G and Silsbee are replacing guys, while WO-S is rolling in with, I believe, 20 returning starters.

A lot like Foster?

51 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

Like GR vs Crosby

Don't know why GR was mentioned.  Maybe you meant RP who is now 6A and most likely the same thing would happen again this year if those teams played again.  Wasn't a slight on the State Champs, just a difference in classifications.  That WOS/Ned game will be a slobber knocker, I personally think too much speed from the fellas from Orange County, but wouldn't count out Nederland like some will do.