Silsbee vs PNG

• 2 weeks later...

PNG losing Morse is hard to swallow, not really sure how this season will turn out, hate seeing WOS off the schedule, the last couple of years have been really good games, no offense to Silsbee, but WOS is in a league of their own. At least we don't have to go to Lufkin this year. Hoping defense can get it together, don't know if offense can carry all the weight as they usually do.

2 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

PNG losing Morse is hard to swallow, not really sure how this season will turn out, hate seeing WOS off the schedule, the last couple of years have been really good games, no offense to Silsbee, but WOS is in a league of their own. At least we don't have to go to Lufkin this year. Hoping defense can get it together, don't know if offense can carry all the weight as they usually do.

About time you comeback to the party, The Ports vs Nederland, we need to come together to rid these termites, I mean Swamp Mutts. 

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

I hear some good things about Johnson. Actually saw him working out throwing the ball recently and the kid can throw it. Cant wait to see his blazing speed as well.

Johnson played with Team Elite 2 weeks ago in College Station....He looked pretty good throwing to Hancock and Miller....PNG have something special in Johnson..

9 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

Johnson played with Team Elite 2 weeks ago in College Station....He looked pretty good throwing to Hancock and Miller....PNG have something special in Johnson..

We are blessed to have him for 3 years. Thats alot 3 years

I heard from one of the coaches, no names mentioned that our offensive line and defensive line will be and I quote " BRUTAL". Johnson has time to develop for sure, Faircloth is good at coaching up some good QBs for sure. I always worry about the defense, last year they looked improved till we got squashed by Angleton. I expect us to make Playoffs but don't know if it will be in the cards.  But with that being said cant wait to be in the stands, win or lose always fun talking smack! What is the word on the other QB Boast, heard he wasn't half bad himself, know one thing for sure, if he is half the athlete his father was it could make for some damn good football.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:50 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

About time you comeback to the party, The Ports vs Nederland, we need to come together to rid these termites, I mean Swamp Mutts. 

sorry man been extremely busy, took a new job in Baytown been working my tail off, if you want to see results you have to put in the time and effort. Man I don't know about this year, we are feeling in key positions, will be young, just hope that they are hungry!

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:27 PM, ST413 said:

Hmm was this brutal for other teams or brutal on the coaches??

brutal for us lol, a lot of inexperience on both sides of the ball, don't know much about size, but it seams every year we get smaller and smaller.

On 6/23/2016 at 9:55 PM, ShlyKBMT said:

They had a good showing in the Crosby 7 on 7 Tournament. Didn't hear anything from the Cy-Falls SQT. But being in a pool with Cy-Ranch, Cy-Fair and Spring Westfield couldn't have been easy.

If 7 on 7 translates to regular season/post season wins I will start following more closely.Didn't PNG go to state 7 on 7 in 2015 JS

2 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

I feel like Silsbee/PN-G will be a very high-scoring game

If what Im hearing is true then Silsbee is pushing a change in defensive mentality.

No more of the "soft coverage" venue. 

Was painful to watch corners and safeties place so far off receivers.   

2 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

If what Im hearing is true then Silsbee is pushing a change in defensive mentality.

No more of the "soft coverage" venue. 

Was painful to watch corners and safeties place so far off receivers.   

I see. I hope the change pays off for Silsbee. I still think this will be a high scoring game just because it's the first game of the season. Both teams seem to have more weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Defenses may take a bit more time to gel. I could see the Silsbee defense struggling a bit to start the season but being a force by the time district/playoffs start.

1 hour ago, dBerrySports said:

I see. I hope the change pays off for Silsbee. I still think this will be a high scoring game just because it's the first game of the season. Both teams seem to have more weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Defenses may take a bit more time to gel. I could see the Silsbee defense struggling a bit to start the season but being a force by the time district/playoffs start.

More of my point that this game should be a litmus test for Silsbee's defense.

Whether or not the mentality change is in the works. Silsbee fans hope so.

No reason with the talent they have not to be playing a real aggressive style of defense.

I know of another school that has achieved great things this way....