How is Silsbee's off-season progressing?

2 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

so is this a question for Silsbee or you?  It reads a little sarcastic....

Speak your mind. 

As a Silsbee Fan, I expect a deep run every year.  Silsbee is pretty consistent in making three rounds. 

Well said!

He takes attendance of those who show up and marks points for the kids showing up to workouts and other sports games (baseball, soccer, etc...) . He also gives points for kids who he sees working hard, which he determines.. He then adds up the points and ranks kids in their groups on who is working the hardest.

I wonder if the new coach knows it is against UIL rules to take attendance and offer incentives for workouts outside of school hours?

3 minutes ago, BmtPanther34 said:

He takes attendance of those who show up and marks points for the kids showing up to workouts and other sports games (baseball, soccer, etc...) . He also gives points for kids who he sees working hard, which he determines.. He then adds up the points and ranks kids in their groups on who is working the hardest.

I wonder if the new coach knows it is against UIL rules to take attendance and offer incentives for workouts outside of school hours?

Where my oldest son played HS ball. They did the same thing in off-season and summer workouts. (Not a big deal)

1 hour ago, BmtPanther34 said:

Interesting. One of UIL's biggest no no's!!!!

1 hour ago, BmtPanther34 said:

If that is true, then it is a stupid rule... What's wrong with getting kids to work hard? And what he is basically doing is giving the kids a good job pat on the back for putting forth effort...

6 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

so is this a question for Silsbee or you?  It reads a little sarcastic....

Speak your mind. 

As a Silsbee Fan, I expect a deep run every year.  Silsbee is pretty consistent in making three rounds. 

no sarcasm here. no reason to be so your accusation is very wrong. I just thought y'all would have a big problem with someone filling Thomas's spot. 

2 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

no sarcasm here. no reason to be so your accusation is very wrong. I just thought y'all would have a big problem with someone filling Thomas's spot. 

If so, then please accept my apology.

This is easier to address than the previous wording. You can "fill" the QB spot, you can only hope that the next QB has success as well. Thomas' results were nothing short of spectacular. 

However, some on this site have said it was the weapons that Silsbee had that enabled him to be so successful. 

If this is so, then it shouldn't be an issue to replace Thomas. I for one think it was his ability to stretch the play and limit his mistakes that defined him.

1 minute ago, One4All said:

How is it a bad move and he's already being recruited with offers

I know Lil C and he wants a big offer I know and talk to him often...don't help your chances by going play in a lower classification and playing against orangefield, HF, etc every week. Especially under a new HC & new offense etc.

2 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

I know Lil C and he wants a big offer I know and talk to him often...don't help your chances by going play in a lower classification and playing against orangefield, HF, etc every week. Especially under a new HC & new offense etc.

I thought he had a few nice offers already?

25 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

I understand I guess. ..... but I also know a well known athlete that plays in the same  4a classification as Silsbee, his team plays the same Calibre opponents as you are referring to week in and week out , he's committed to Ohio State...

6 hours ago, BmtPanther34 said:

Ouch!

10 minutes ago, One4All said:

I understand I guess. ..... but I also know a well known athlete that plays in the same  4a classification as Silsbee, his team plays the same Calibre opponents as you are referring to week in and week out , he's committed to Ohio State...

Lol exactly he's already got the big offers he's not trying to get them still...but if I'm trying to get big offers I'm not  going play in a smaller classification you think more scouts are showing up in SIlsbee or Beaumont? Point exactly....

22 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lil C going to Silsbee isn't an all go.  There was a pending coaching situation thst wouldve swayed his decision.  But that situation never happened so he'll remain at Ozen....

Not what I am hearing from his uncle. Was assured he will be enrolling at Silsbee before school year ends.