How is Silsbee's off-season progressing?

Calvin recruiting process will be just fine at Silsbee. Won't miss a beat. His name is already out there. They'll follow him every where he go. To say he won't get nothing in Silsbee is pretty delusional. Colleges now and days don't offer you just because you're an upper classification, it's either they look at your size, or about the ppl you know.

It is not as easy as folks think to transfer...they are getting tough on this stuff. This will not just get rubber stamped...alot of questions will be asked and deliberation will take place. this is not a majority rule thing, this is an "everyone agrees thing". I am not questioning the motives, I am just saying ya better have your ducks in a row if you expect the transfer to be approved. This is not a PEG list situation so its gonna be hard to sell academics so this is gonna come down to a residency issue, which I am sure it is legit but it will have to stand up to the UIL policy surrounding change of residency. I personally see this one going to Austin in an appeal. One thing for sure Coach Smith will not do anything to endanger his program.

I don't think it will go that far, since football starts at the beginning of the year, if there is going to be that struggle which would cost time during the season or the entire season then the parents will find a way to stay in Beaumont.

2 hours ago, IT'S IN THE BONE said:

It is not as easy as folks think to transfer...they are getting tough on this stuff. This will not just get rubber stamped...alot of questions will be asked and deliberation will take place. this is not a majority rule thing, this is an "everyone agrees thing". I am not questioning the motives, I am just saying ya better have your ducks in a row if you expect the transfer to be approved. This is not a PEG list situation so its gonna be hard to sell academics so this is gonna come down to a residency issue, which I am sure it is legit but it will have to stand up to the UIL policy surrounding change of residency. I personally see this one going to Austin in an appeal. One thing for sure Coach Smith will not do anything to endanger his program.

Transferring so late in the year,he could end up missing half the season.

1 hour ago, Mustangs93 said:

Transferring so late in the year,he could end up missing half the season.

Nope. As long as you transfer in before this school year is up, you do not have to sit out any time in next school year, as long as District Committee rules him eligible.

9 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

Calvin recruiting process will be just fine at Silsbee. Won't miss a beat. His name is already out there. They'll follow him every where he go. To say he won't get nothing in Silsbee is pretty delusional. Colleges now and days don't offer you just because you're an upper classification, it's either they look at your size, or about the ppl you know.

You need to learn how to read and comprehend...I never said the move would hurt his recruiting process I said it wouldn't HELP and if you disagree please tell me how would Lil C benefit from going to Silsbee...please any Silsbee fans chime in and tell me how the move to Silsbee would help Lil C in anyway

21 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

You need to learn how to read and comprehend...I never said the move would hurt his recruiting process I said it wouldn't HELP and if you disagree please tell me how would Lil C benefit from going to Silsbee...please any Silsbee fans chime in and tell me how the move to Silsbee would help Lil C in anyway

Most importantly, he would have a home.

But, would experience a possible deep run in playoffs both in football and basketball. With his speed, would excel in track as well at that level.

As for recruiting, I believe he has already established himself in the recruiting world. Staying at Ozen would not help him anymore than if he went to Silsbee.

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Most importantly, he would have a home.

But, would experience a possible deep run in playoffs both in football and basketball. With his speed, would excel in track as well at that level.

As for recruiting, I believe he has already established himself in the recruiting world. Staying at Ozen would not help him anymore than if he went to Silsbee.

1. He has a home in Beaumont

2. There's no guarantee Silsbee is making a deep playoff run and making a deep playoff only benefit the school and coaches.

3. As I've stated before Lil C wants to go to UT so how does going play in a lower classification help his cause?

10 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

1. He has a home in Beaumont

2. There's no guarantee Silsbee is making a deep playoff run and making a deep playoff only benefit the school and coaches.

3. As I've stated before Lil C wants to go to UT so how does going play in a lower classification help his cause?

Thought his home was damaged in flood?

I like Silsbee's chances of making a deep playoff run over Ozen's chances. It would be good experience for Calvin, something he has not yet experienced at Ozen.

Seen many a player go to UT that played at 4A and below.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Thought his home was damaged in flood?

I like Silsbee's chances of making a deep playoff run over Ozen's chances. It would be good experience for Calvin, something he has not yet experienced at Ozen.

Seen many a player go to UT that played at 4A and below.

Earl Thomas and Deion Beasley done it in 3A...

Silsbee is more of a football powerhouse than Ozen. Also, Silsbee football schedule this season is better than Ozens. Ozen will go 4-6 at best and miss the playoffs. If this kid what's to come to a program on the rise and get a great education, come on to Silsbee. The academics is Beaumont don't seem to be as good as they have been in the past. 

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I don't know... If I was recruiting a kid that transferred before his senior season, I don't know how I'd feel about a commitment from him. A kid that jumps ship in high school will probably jump ship in college , too. 

Really, the reason he is considering moving is because of instability with a home. Their house in Beaumont was damaged, father has a home in Silsbee.

I believe most colleges would understand.