How is Silsbee's off-season progressing?

Silsbee D1 athletes I can name for football 

WILLIAM Graham 

James Hunter 

Jay McGuire 

Bret Lively 

William Morrsey 

Ahmad  (Oklahoma State kid back in 2005) 

Jeremy Johnson 

Patrick Reed 

Seth Adams 

Patrick Hudson 

Josh Skinner 

Curtis Buckley 

Patrick Henry 

Mark Henry (had D1 offers) 

Stanley Rhone (Baylor) 

I'm sure I missed a more but these who came to mind for OzenFINEST aka Silsbee hatter #1

16 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

If he wanna go to the playoff, then Silsbee is the best option. Ozen won't make it this year.

Well, initially, I thought the same, but I've gotten information that swayed me otherwise.  Ozen will have a decent sized o-line that Lil C will be able to run behind and a new QB that I'm will do nice things. 

1 minute ago, DXTR said:

From what I'm reading here, he will succeed no matter where he goes. Silsbee will welcome him and Ozen would love to see him stay. Good luck to him whichever choice he makes. 

....by the way, how is he on the basketball court?  Haha

7 minutes ago, DXTR said:

....by the way, how is he on the basketball court?  Haha

He got a lot of playing time on this year's state simifinal game.  Imo, he was the best perimeter defender Ozen had.  He was physical on the ball and had great feet, you couldn't beat him off the dribble.  Decent on the offensive end...

28 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Aaron Sells

Hated to see him go, he needs to come back. Aaron has been playing ball with my boys for years. He is a running back, a hard runner that hardly comes down on first contact. He has a burst of speed on the first step, he may not pull away from the defender but he is hard to catch. A good receiver out of the back field. He doesn't fumble all that often. He is a freshman and he has room to improve and he will improve.  He's a pretty good basketball player too.

7 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Would like to see Aaron stay in Silsbee but wish him well of he goes to Ozen. I expect to see a faster, stronger, more dicipline, and more complete Silsbee team this year. Dicipline is what can really takes us to another level. 

Aaron has already left Silsbee and has been at Ozen since Novemberish.  

And next year's Silsbee team will not lose a beat with the Legacy kid coming in.  Plus, they'll be  a surprise basketball boy they may play football next year....

12 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

There are a lot of Tyler and Robinsons in Silsbee that can offer him a good home. I know most of them and they are a very good Christian family. 

His dad has a house in Silsbee already that they can move to...just saying, there wouldn't be eligibility issues because his home in Beaumont was destroyed by a flood.

If Silsbee plans to be a more run oriented team then Tyler and Thomas would be nice in a split backfield. With Mackey and Barnes as your two big targets, Jones could set records in Silsbee. I'm curious to see how good our OL and DL can be. The defense has been the weakest link for a while now. If we can get some athletes in defense Silsbee could be scary good. 

20 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee D1 athletes I can name for football 

WILLIAM Graham 

James Hunter 

Jay McGuire 

Bret Lively 

William Morrsey 

Ahmad  (Oklahoma State kid back in 2005) 

Jeremy Johnson 

Patrick Reed 

Seth Adams 

Patrick Hudson 

Josh Skinner 

Curtis Buckley 

Patrick Henry 

Mark Henry (had D1 offers) 

Stanley Rhone (Baylor) 

I'm sure I missed a more but these who came to mind for OzenFINEST aka Silsbee hatter #1

Reggie Garrett (Silsbee Waldo grad) 2x Super Bowl champ with Steelers 

Lol you Silsbee fans are funny and passionate I'll give you that...naming a bunch of players as if I said there were never any D-1 players from Silsbee...however if we compare Ozen & Silsbee athletes over the years it's not close honestly I had 4 plays in my class alone sign D-1 scholarships but that's besides the point. Does anyone on Silsbee football team currently hold any D-1 offers? You guys are telling me a kid leaving a program to go play in a smaller classification with a new brand new coach is going to help him? A coach that none of you guys know anything about at that the lack of knowledge about sports on this forum is baffling sometimes. You guys hired a coach that didn't even call the offensive plays at his last school and was passed up in that same district for a head coaching position for that very same reason. Get a grip Silsbee fans please. On Lil C's situation I'm hearing that Suggs isnt signing off on the transfer so I'm not sure Lil C will be going anywhere anytime soon. Still feel it's not a good move even though I do know about their current housing situation. 

I don't know anything other than they are being careful, but if the parents move do to the situation of a house being lost to a flood to a residence here in Silsbee do they have to have a sign off?? I could understand if that wasn't the case but I would feel that's plenty of justification for a transfer.

14 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I don't know anything other than they are being careful, but if the parents move do to the situation of a house being lost to a flood to a residence here in Silsbee do they have to have a sign off?? I could understand if that wasn't the case but I would feel that's plenty of justification for a transfer.

While a transfer will be a lot easier if Coach Suggs signs off on it, it is not necessary.  In either case, Calvin's situation would be placed in front of the 10-4A-I district executive committee.

What usually happens if a coach marks the box that he believes the move is for athletic purposes is that a hearing before the 10-4A-I district executive committee will take place in which Calvin and his parents would be able to present evidence that the transfer is not for athletic purposes.

Either way, the 10-4A-I committee would have to clear him so that he could play next season.

1 hour ago, ozensfinest said:

Lol you Silsbee fans are funny and passionate I'll give you that...naming a bunch of players as if I said there were never any D-1 players from Silsbee...however if we compare Ozen & Silsbee athletes over the years it's not close honestly I had 4 plays in my class alone sign D-1 scholarships but that's besides the point. Does anyone on Silsbee football team currently hold any D-1 offers? You guys are telling me a kid leaving a program to go play in a smaller classification with a new brand new coach is going to help him? A coach that none of you guys know anything about at that the lack of knowledge about sports on this forum is baffling sometimes. You guys hired a coach that didn't even call the offensive plays at his last school and was passed up in that same district for a head coaching position for that very same reason. Get a grip Silsbee fans please. On Lil C's situation I'm hearing that Suggs isnt signing off on the transfer so I'm not sure Lil C will be going anywhere anytime soon. Still feel it's not a good move even though I do know about their current housing situation. 

If Calvin is coming to Silsbee Ozen fan has already given proof that Calvin is not coming for academic or athletic reason. He's coming because he doesn't have a house in Beaumont anymore but he has a house in Silsbee. Hopefully a man wont keep a family out of a home. If he does come to Silsbee his mind will be expanded  academically and athletically. There have been several people come on here and bash Silsbee because we got a new AD/HC, making all kinds of talk of how THEY think things are going to go when they don't know a thing. He has changed things alrighty and it all good.

4 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Ozen got more athletes than Silsbee y'all never been good in Football never will save it