How is Silsbee's off-season progressing?

2 minutes ago, PrettyBoi10 said:

Crazy things is you just throwing out names Calvin Mickens and Wallace Franklin Ben Wells only ones touched the field the rest transferred to D2 or less lol stop you boosting for no reason and I know you didn't play at TCU give it up man Lol 1st Snee now Lil C and a Teacher beating up students stick a fork in them there done and Chris James went to WOS you don't get cred for him his bio says Orange 

Lol throwing out names? I'm throwing out names of athletes that signed D-1 scholly's from Ozen isn't that what we are discussing? Like I said you're misinformed my friend good job of making yourself look stupid though...you named Jeremy Johnson going to WVU as if he played there kind of a big contradiction to what you're saying now don't you think? And Chris James had D-1 offers while attending Ozen the kid attended Ozen longer than he did WOS stop the madness...I sure hate to burst your little bubble though now I'll challenge any of you die hard Silsbee fans to find more players D-1 players than Ozen from Silsbee since the school opened in 97-98 I'll be patiently waiting.....*cough cough aggie

22 minutes ago, PrettyBoi10 said:

Crazy things is you just throwing out names Calvin Mickens and Wallace Franklin Ben Wells only ones touched the field the rest transferred to D2 or less lol stop you boosting for no reason and I know you didn't play at TCU give it up man Lol 1st Snee now Lil C and a Teacher beating up students stick a fork in them there done and Chris James went to WOS you don't get cred for him his bio says Orange 

As I've expressed before, that teacher taught at and is FROM Silsbee, for whatever that's worth...

May be from Silsbee but didn't get filmed at Silsbee doing that.....could it be the problems in the school that led her to that, such as getting support in cases like whatever went on....could it be a more common occurrence that wasn't as bad as it looked but was filmed knowing it would happen......could it be she just finally lost it in class...

one way or another it wasn't an act that most parents would want to happen to their child but the fact that she used to teach in Silsbee or is from here has nothing to do with it the fact is it happened at Ozen....

8 minutes ago, ST413 said:

May be from Silsbee but didn't get filmed at Silsbee doing that.....could it be the problems in the school that led her to that, such as getting support in cases like whatever went on....could it be a more common occurrence that wasn't as bad as it looked but was filmed knowing it would happen......could it be she just finally lost it in class...

one way or another it wasn't an act that most parents would want to happen to their child but the fact that she used to teach in Silsbee or is from here has nothing to do with it the fact is it happened at Ozen....

Lol yeah way to try and back pedal out of this one she's from Silsbee and taught kids in your community...she got her classroom management skills from Silsbee ISD.

10 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Just so you know, if was determined that Ozen gave the wrong numbers to the media, but gave the CORRECT numbers to UIL, with is law.  THOSE numbers puts them in 5a.  So Ozen would've been 5A either way it goes....

That's the first I've heard of that.  Is that fact Soulja?  What's the actual enrollment that was turned in to UIL?

4 hours ago, ST413 said:

Did a little research.  She's always been a good teacher but a little 'crazy' as some that she's taught described it, including folk from Silsbee. 

They say she 'snapped', but I'm convinced she's done this before, just that the camera wasn't rolling, including her time in Silsbee.

17 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

That's the first I've heard of that.  Is that fact Soulja?  What's the actual enrollment that was turned in to UIL?

It's true.  There was a discussion on here about it.  When the smoke cleared, the official numbers that UIL had was different than the numbers the local media had.  

8 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Calvin Mckins(Okie St)

Ben Wells(Texas)

Wallace Franklin(Iowa St)

Chris Ragget(Arkansas)

Willie Jefferson(Baylor)

Myself(TCU)

Daniel Lemelle(Lousiana Lafayette)

Tony Ward(Ohio)

Breon Johnson(UTEP)

Brian West(Auburn)

Kelvin Chaisson(OU)

Caleb Ceasar(Arkansas)

Brandon Rideuax(Kansas)

Tj Wright(Ohio)

Chris Magee(Tulane) 

Tony Brown(Bama) 

Chris James(Illinois)

Calvin Tyler(wherever he choose to go)

And if I were to mention kids thats have signed to FCS schools this list would be much longer....

Do you guys seriously wanna have this conversation it's not even close come on folks Ozen has been a factory for athletes. Silsbee not even close so as I've said before going to Silsbee won't help Lil C at all now I rest my case. 

-Chris James. .....

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Did a little research.  She's always been a good teacher but a little 'crazy' as some that she's taught described it, including folk from Silsbee. 

They say she 'snapped', but I'm convinced she's done this before, just that the camera wasn't rolling, including her time in Silsbee.

I have heard all sorts of rumors and reasons etc but don't know her or any facts so as far as the incident so I can't make any statements other than what was in the media.  

Pas far as that incident itself, I have a daughter, I would be livid if anyone laid hands on her.  But. I have mixed feelings as well, if I had a son who acted like some kids today and had a habit of coming in acting up and cussing, which I don't know was the case here, I would want someone to beat his tail!!

6 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Lol yeah way to try and back pedal out of this one she's from Silsbee and taught kids in your community...she got her classroom management skills from Silsbee ISD.

Maybe there was a reason she moved on or was asked to move on.....fact is its another black eye on bisd not sisd.

11 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Maybe there was a reason she moved on or was asked to move on.....fact is its another black eye on bisd not sisd.

ST413 I no you are not naïve enough to believe Ozen high school, or BISD for that matter are the only ones with issues. Not that I am defending them in any way ,however all schools and school districts have many problems documented, undocumented ,on camera, off camera ,teachers with students etc.. point and case is school is what you make it and how the kids are raised ,unless all the best teachers and all the smart students just go to Silsbee.

2 minutes ago, rc2182 said:

ST413 I no you are not naïve enough to believe Ozen high school, or BISD for that matter are the only ones with issues. Not that I am defending them in any way ,however all schools and school districts have many problems documented, undocumented ,on camera, off camera ,teachers with students etc.. point and case is school is what you make it and how the kids are raised ,unless all the best teachers and all the smart students just go to Silsbee.

I said nothing like that I doubt there is any without problems I just said its another on bisd. 

6 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I said nothing like that I doubt there is any without problems I just said its another on bisd. 

Ok, I can understand that ,my kids attend BISD schools and I would be the first to tell you, I am not proud of many of the things that went on or that are going on now .The school systems world wide are nothing like they used to be ,we have to pray, and raise our kids at home first, otherwise all kids will be in for a rude awakeing. ijs.

13 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Many of yuu on here don't know much about sports and at times like this it really shows. One I never said going down to play in a smaller classification would hurt Lil C I said it wouldn't HELP him. Especially when you have the hopes of becoming a 4 or 5 star athlete and to land a scholly from UT...btw while we're at it any player outside of Hudson from Silsbee ever been offered by a program like UT in the past ten years? I can name a few that have played at Ozen...are there any players on Silsbee's roster that currently hold an offer from an FBS school? I'll wait...you guys keep mentioning playoffs runs but the thing you don't get is most big time FBS programs don't offer kids late in their senior year most kids that go to D-1A schools are offered off the things they've done as a sophomore or junior in high school. By that time their focusing on the junior class so going far in the playoffs don't help kids get to school that's the biggest myth ever. Let's look at a few examples Silsbee went four rounds deep with a QB that scored 75 TDS and what college is he going to? Oh and if you say well he didn't have the grades save it cause you guys were just telling me that Silsbee was such a great school for academics. Next example: Central lost what first round and how many they sign? Westbrook lost first round they signed the most in the area...WOS won state how many did they sign? We didn't even make the playoffs my senior year and signed the second most players in the area, college coaches could care less about team accomplishments and that's what a lot of you fools fail to realize. Silsbee fans are only looking at how the kid could help their program and not how the program is going to help him. If he wants to make a deep playoff run its all on him and his teammates to go make it happen period. Stay at Ozen and finish what you started don't run off because people are in your ear telling you the grass is greener elsewhere that's not what real men do. As far as the housing situation Lil C has a home in Beaumont so please stop making this an issue about him not having a home because he has one. I know Silsbee fans are trying to get all the help it can to try and beat WOS with their new coach but Lil C won't be there to help next year now carry on.

12 hours ago, Football_ said:

Its official lil c has transferred to silsbee 

Literally an hour later. haha

7 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Beaumont 120,000 Silsbee 6,500. Yet Silsbee has a better for academics better football program, and stronger community. 

Don't doubt or dispute academics concept ,once again it all depends on what the student gets out of it .You can send your kid to Harvard but if they haven't been raised to take full advantage of opportunites  it want   matter. May have a better football program as well, all depends on administration and what lead way the head coach has with his program, being able the hire his own assistants  and such. And as far as a stronger community 120,000 people to 6,500 ,3 schools in 1 district compared to 1 school in entire town ,ok. I am responsible for my kid only, if I teach them about the challenges of the world regardless of what school they attend, they will be just fine. 

27 minutes ago, rc2182 said:

Don't doubt or dispute academics concept ,once again it all depends on what the student gets out of it .You can send your kid to Harvard but if they haven't been raised to take full advantage of opportunites  it want   matter. May have a better football program as well, all depends on administration and what lead way the head coach has with his program, being able the hire his own assistants  and such. And as far as a stronger community 120,000 people to 6,500 ,3 schools in 1 district compared to 1 school in entire town ,ok. I am responsible for my kid only, if I teach them about the challenges of the world regardless of what school they attend, they will be just fine. 

Amen!!