Dallas Lincoln 75 Silsbee 72/Final

29 minutes ago, bradyb said:

Ozenfinest is not a Silsbee Hater lol He just likes to argue and try to prove his point like all of us. Man you watch one game and found out Silsbee's weaknesses? lol Come on man!!!!! lol

I can tell their weakness from one game.  Because the one game I watched is the only game they've lost in months.  And here's why:

They could only score off steals.  When forced to play half court offense it looked like they were lost. Which tends to happen to a team that normally doesn't have to or know how to do it.

Also. Their half court defense was awful.  Probably because they've leaned so heavily on their speed all year.  You can get away with bad defense if your fast enough.  But what if you aren't?...uncontested drive and layup fest.  Like last night.

And just to throw this out their...Silsbee did get a put back and bogus and 1 with 1 second to go.  Because of an air ball. What's the difference between 3 and 6?  Well...the difference in a 1 or 2 possession game.  And I've already said..Lincoln wasted 10 minutes of offensive possessions trying to burn clock.  Which helped Silsbee make it close...because they weren't very good at it.

Call me a hater all you want...I call it like I see it.  With everyone.  Is Silsbee good? Absolutely. Their athleticism is impressive.  But they lost because they aren't good basketball players.  Just great athletes.

By the way..the fact that you said Silsbee was running offensive sets makes me think that you know zero about basketball.  That was strait AAU, street ball, my turn to take it to the hole offense. No screens, no cuts, no flashes, no movement. 

Let's sum this thread up....

Never mind.  Im gonna try and express an opinion but I'm almost too disgusted at this point.

Silsbee players obviously are plagued with one of two problems...

1) Not being coached properly

Or

2) Uncoachable

Or in some opinions....

BOTH.

Basically they are winning on athletic ability only against inferior teams with no coaching or not enough talent.

I loved every minute of this season. Thank you Silsbee Tigers Basketball for allowing me to share in your triumphs all season and your heartaches at the end.

I love you guys that much more for it.

34 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I can tell their weakness from one game.  Because the one game I watched is the only game they've lost in months.  And here's why:

They could only score off steals.  When forced to play half court offense it looked like they were lost. Which tends to happen to a team that normally doesn't have to or know how to do it.

Also. Their half court defense was awful.  Probably because they've leaned so heavily on their speed all year.  You can get away with bad defense if your fast enough.  But what if you aren't?...uncontested drive and layup fest.  Like last night.

And just to throw this out their...Silsbee did get a put back and bogus and 1 with 1 second to go.  Because of an air ball. What's the difference between 3 and 6?  Well...the difference in a 1 or 2 possession game.  And I've already said..Lincoln wasted 10 minutes of offensive possessions trying to burn clock.  Which helped Silsbee make it close...because they weren't very good at it.

Call me a hater all you want...I call it like I see it.  With everyone.  Is Silsbee good? Absolutely. Their athleticism is impressive.  But they lost because they aren't good basketball players.  Just great athletes.

By the way..the fact that you said Silsbee was running offensive sets makes me think that you know zero about basketball.  That was strait AAU, street ball, my turn to take it to the hole offense. No screens, no cuts, no flashes, no movement. 

They tried to run sets... They were calling plays and attempting to run them. Lincoln did a great job at defending them. And wow...72 points off of steals must be a record 

35 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

You are very right about me knowing zero about basketball!!

That why I wondered if silsbee would have won by 1 point would they get any credit for it because some people say that they really are not as good as you are seeing their style got the there good or not good they are good at what they do yeah the could stand to be coached a little better in some areas  but overall their style got the to the tittle game doesn't yates play almost the same style

55 minutes ago, bradyb said:

Agree. The only thing that blew my mind was all of the charging fouls. It was out of line. Anyone have the numbers on how many charges were called on us and called on lincoln?

The one that was really bad was one on Mackey in the first half.  Kid was almost under the rim.  If they "no call" it (which is acceptable), it's a 2 point swing.  If they call a block (which is the most correct in my book), a potential 3 point swing.  The weird part is how they called the two halves almost completely different.  At this level, they should let them play more, especially when both teams have similar styles.  Ironically, the refs not doing in that in the first half actually benefitted a Lincoln team (as we saw from the way the second half played out) that prefers to play a different style.