Dallas Lincoln 75 Silsbee 72/Final

The Silsbee Tigers look to take their final step in Class 4A basketball playoffs as they take on the Dallas Lincoln Tigers in the Class 4A State Championship Game!

The Silsbee Tigers, 31-5 on the season and Region III champions, began their playoff road with a 120-68 bi-district win over Liberty followed by a 104-59 area round victory over Houston Furr.  After a 97-69 regional quarterfinal win over Houston Sterling and an 81-69 regional semifinal victory over Lufkin Hudson, the Silsbee captured the Region III title and earned a trip to the State Championship Tournament with an 85-62 win over Navasota in the regional final.  The Silsbee Tigers punched their ticket to this game with a 89-47 win over Levelland in the state semifinals.

Meanwhile, the Lincoln Tigers, 23-14 on the season and Region II champs, began their playoff path with a 79-49 bi-district win over Bonham followed by a 77-52 area round win over Carrollton Ranchview.  After topping Dallas Carter 67-66 in the regional quarterfinal and Paris 73-66 in the regional semifinal, the Lincoln Tigers beat Dallas Triple A 63-54 in the regional final to earn their spot in the tournament.  Lincoln advanced to this game with a 62-59 over La Marque in the state semfinals.

Join Mike Sanchez for all of the action from the Alamodome in San Antonio beginning with the pregame at 6:50 pm followed by the tip at 7:00 pm by clicking on the Cube player below.

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Silsbee Tiger Sports on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

3 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

I knew this team was special when they put that whoopin on the #1 5A team even before they got the football players back.  Sorry Soulja. Just had to throw that out there. :)  but seriously, give em hell Tigers!  Bring that state championship home to the 409. 

Lol

Just now, ozensfinest said:

If Lincoln has good guards they'll beat Silsbee easy...last night was my first time watching Silsbee and they play SLOPPY man! I thought they were better than what I saw last night they just press and jack 3's all game lol but I'm looking forward to watching my son(Mike J) win him a ring tonight.

Kind of expected this post from the resident tool/troll.