Dallas Lincoln 75 Silsbee 72/Final

5 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

As usual...people get caught into they hype and don't actually pay attention to the game. It's all about match ups. 

You can't match-up with a charge call. Lincoln made their free throws off the early calls and then Silsbee couldn't go to hole as hard.  Fact: you shoot %50 from across the field and 75% from the line and you'll win %90 of the time.

13 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

You can't match-up with a charge call. Lincoln made their free throws off the early calls and then Silsbee couldn't go to hole as hard.  Fact: you shoot %50 from across the field and 75% from the line and you'll win %90 of the time.

That game had nothing to do with charge calls...had everything to do with coaching.

Maybe not charge calls And I won't say bad calls but the fouls we got early were the made the difference along with a run of 3 balls by Lincoln.  They made most of the fts and we weren't able to get our defense going with several keep players getting 2 fouls early.

Hats off Tigers I know this wasn't the way you wanted your season to end. But no reason to hang your heads. To fight back like you did under adversity just shows the heart and talent you have.  To the four seniors it's been a pleasure to watch you. To all of you it's been probably the most fun I have had watching a Tiger team.  Yo youngsters will get another chance hang in there and work hard. And to Devon, I send you my prayers for both a full and speedy recovery.  We love you guys!

6 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Maybe not charge calls And I won't say bad calls but the fouls we got early were the made the difference along with a run of 3 balls by Lincoln.  They made most of the fts and we weren't able to get our defense going with several keep players getting 2 fouls early.

I disagree I think he more to do with Silsbee not being able to adjust to playing in the half court is what hurt them lived and died on creating turnovers and the 3 ball won't beat good teams like that. 

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:42 PM, MOSSHILL said:

Welp, we are several games into this state playoff run and I fee like I am closer than ever to eating my words concerning Silsbee.

I had Big Sandy winning state but nobody else from SETX. - WRONG ON THAT as you all know......

For starters, before the playoffs started, I mistakenly said La Marque would beat Silsbee, thinking they were Region III.That was a mistake on my part because now knowing that, I would have put Silsbee in San Antonio long ago. However, I also had Silsbee losing to a team that would force them to play their style. This was also before looking further in depth to what the rest of the state was doing in their respective regions. I was cautious to speak much of anything positive before seeing Silsbee and thus after seeing them with my own two eyes, I will go ahead and say this:  LEVELLAND - Pack your bags and head back home, now. I'm slow to affirm any hype coming out of SETX concerning anything basketball related. But, this hype is real. This team is very deep and very talented. I'm not going to say they beat Lincoln/LaMarque in the championship just yet, but they are about to kill Levelland.  I am talking about 30 plus points here.

Just now, MOSSHILL said:

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:42 PM, MOSSHILL said:

Welp, we are several games into this state playoff run and I fee like I am closer than ever to eating my words concerning Silsbee.

I had Big Sandy winning state but nobody else from SETX. - WRONG ON THAT as you all know......

For starters, before the playoffs started, I mistakenly said La Marque would beat Silsbee, thinking they were Region III.That was a mistake on my part because now knowing that, I would have put Silsbee in San Antonio long ago. However, I also had Silsbee losing to a team that would force them to play their style. This was also before looking further in depth to what the rest of the state was doing in their respective regions. I was cautious to speak much of anything positive before seeing Silsbee and thus after seeing them with my own two eyes, I will go ahead and say this:  LEVELLAND - Pack your bags and head back home, now. I'm slow to affirm any hype coming out of SETX concerning anything basketball related. But, this hype is real. This team is very deep and very talented. I'm not going to say they beat Lincoln/LaMarque in the championship just yet, but they are about to kill Levelland.  I am talking about 30 plus points here.

Well....I had changed my mind about Silsbee after watching that beat down vs. Levelland and said they would beat Lincoln today by 12 plus.

I had said since before the playoffs if they ran into a team that would do certain things, they'd get beat. I'm not going to sit here and dog Silsbee and what they accomplished but I figured they would run into somebody that could isolate their ability to get points off turnovers coupled with good guard play and could match them toe to toe with athleticism......Silsbee is a young good squad and will be a force to reckon with for a while to come.

I just should have stayed with my gut before last night...........but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Great season Tigers.

7 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

The blue print in beating Silsbee;

1. Above average Guards

2. Guard the 3 point line

3. Take a charge

4. Full court press for 3qtr's

5. Slow the game down 4th qtr, make Silsbee play half court 

Yates used that formula twice a few years ago 

This is exactly what I was saying even before seeing them play.

Prayers for young Devon McCain

This game reminded me of why I never watch high school games anymore.

Congrats on the season Silsbee.  Making it to the title game is a once in a lifetime accomplishment.

I have to say tho..I don't think it was as much "comeback" as it was Lincoln letting it dwindle away.  Started playing keep away with 12 minutes to go instead of continuing to exploit that defense. I could tell immediately that Silsbee didn't know what to do in a close or come from behind game. And I'm willing to bet that's the first man defense Silsbee has seen this year.  Wasn't pretty.

But again..very fine season. And I hope the Silsbee player that got injured has a speedy recovery.

30 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

This game reminded me of why I never watch high school games anymore.

Congrats on the season Silsbee.  Making it to the title game is a once in a lifetime accomplishment.

I have to say tho..I don't think it was as much "comeback" as it was Lincoln letting it dwindle away.  Started playing keep away with 12 minutes to go instead of continuing to exploit that defense. I could tell immediately that Silsbee didn't know what to do in a close or come from behind game. And I'm willing to bet that's the first man defense Silsbee has seen this year.  Wasn't pretty.

But again..very fine season. And I hope the Silsbee player that got injured has a speedy recovery.

Not the first. You lose. Pay me.

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not the first. You lose. Pay me.

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Beat me to it.  

Nor the second, third, fourth, fifth, and so on and so on...

Rephrase..1st halfway decent man defense they've seen all year.  Only reason I say that is because they were doing what teams that don't know man offense do.  No screens (on or away from the ball), no cuts (basket cuts or backdoor cuts), no movement whatsoever.  Just try to penetrate, and if someone slides into help position either throw up a circus shot or kick it to someone standing completely motionless on the perimeter...then let them try.

If they've seen more man..maybe take some time scoring in your man offense.  Because what I saw was a team that can't score unless it's by scoring off of a turnover.

2 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Rephrase..1st halfway decent man defense they've seen all year.  Only reason I say that is because they were doing what teams that don't know man offense do.  No screens (on or away from the ball), no cuts (basket cuts or backdoor cuts), no movement whatsoever.  Just try to penetrate, and if someone slides into help position either throw up a circus shot or kick it to someone standing completely motionless on the perimeter...then let them try.

If they've seen more man..maybe take some time scoring in your man offense.  Because what I saw was a team that can't score unless it's by scoring off of a turnover.

They played some really good man defenses along the way.  Didn't always fare well but did more times than not.  Some they faced were better than Lincoln's and a couple of times they lost bigger than tonight.