Beaumont Ozen 79 Nederland 76/Final

WOSgrad

Mamba24, you accepting the attitude Boyd have. I have a kid that plays Football, Baseball, and Basketball at WOS. If  my kid would have ashamed me with the actions i seen Boyd do tonight. I would've went ashamed him. I wish my kid would do that to his coach what Boyd did. If they had any recruiter's in the building he just lost interest from them. I'm not his parent and I was ashame. I'm guessing they condone that at Ozen. 

31 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Lol what does a Brian English coached team look like? 3rd place in district? It's crazy how yall gas English up when he hasn't accomplished much outside of a few district titles. 

*Waits on the "imagine on what he would do with more talent post"

The fact that you fail to see the beauty in English's coaching could not be less surprising to those who know the game.  I am sure you would be equally unimpressed with Kevin Foster.  

On a brighter note, I hear Barnum & Bailey's is hiring...

Boyd is another talented kid with an awful attitude. If he doesn't shape up college coaches wont put up with it.

Good game though. Miguez had close to 30 and played really well for nederland. Boyd undercut him bad once should've been a flagrant. But Nedeland has to be able to finish. Those TO's will kill ya. Up double digits in both games and gave em away with turnovers. 

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not gonna happ'n...

If you looked closely, there was a Nederland player with a not so good attitude....  And it was apparent in this game.  Funny that you didn't mention that kid in the same breath as Boyd...

Where I was sitting couldn't see the Nederland player. But I did see 23 talking trash on the court. That's part of the game. I could remember talking alot of players out there game when I played in the mid 90s

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

The fact that you fail to see the beauty in English's coaching could not be less surprising to those who know the game.  I am sure you would be equally unimpressed with Kevin Foster.  

IMO I think Foster, English, and Sutherland are the best in the area! Doesn't matter the talent their team has they always end up being competitive!

At the end of the day both kids will be playing college basketball no matter how bad we think there attitude is because some coaches obviously didn't mind. Nederland fans or Baller 93 it seems as if you are happy that y'all merely competed with Ozen and didn't win when y'all had all the opportunity to do so? 

1 minute ago, Kj Dad said:

Mamba24, you accepting the attitude Boyd have. I have a kid that plays Football, Baseball, and Basketball at WOS. If  my kid would have ashamed me with the actions i seen Boyd do tonight. I would've went ashamed him. I wish my kid would do that to his coach what Boyd did. If they had any recruiter's in the building he just lost interest from them. I'm not his parent and I was ashame. I'm guessing they condone that at Ozen. 

Not condoning anything but before you rush to judgment to burn the kid at the stake you should know more about the kid. I will go on the limb and say most not all kids in this generation have attitudes not saying its right but what can you do to turn a negative into a positive. And i will almost guarantee every college team has their fair share of kids with them but at the end of the day helping the kid work on that part himself is more important than anything he'll learn in life & you cant just throw a kid away .

3 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Not condoning anything but before you rush to judgment to burn the kid at the stake you should know more about the kid. I will go on the limb and say most not all kids in this generation have attitudes not saying its right but what can you do to turn a negative into a positive. And i will almost guarantee every college team has their fair share of kids with them but at the end of the day helping the kid work on that part himself is more important than anything he'll learn in life & you cant just throw a kid away .

The Harrison twins remind me a lot of how Boyd carries himself. Josh like them doesn't mean to come off as having a bad attitude but they just show a lot of emotion towards everything. Whether it looks good sometimes or not. 

3 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

Where I was sitting couldn't see the Nederland player. But I did see 23 talking trash on the court. That's part of the game. I could remember talking alot of players out there game when I played in the mid 90s

Difference in talking a little trash and disrespecting your coach the way that Boyd did tonight. Miguez played a hell of a game in both match-ups.  Nederland vs Central will be a fun one to watch. 

2 hours ago, Kj Dad said:

Don't mind the talking at all ,I agree if you can talk a player out of his game ,do it .Number 23 kept talking to Boyd after he made a 3 pointer we see how that worked out in the end .What I didn't understand was why he wasn't tecked, when the last meeting, after Ozen player duncked said something and got tecked.

Just now, ccsbasketballplayer said:

The Harrison twins remind me a lot of how Boyd carries himself. Josh like them doesn't mean to come off as having a bad attitude but they just show a lot of emotion towards everything. Whether it looks good sometimes or not. 

The Harrison twins do not have the attitude problems Boyd has. I was not at the game tonight, but I saw how he conducted himself last year at the State Tournament, and I was very disappointed. Their is a difference between showing emotion towards everything, and disrespect towards your team and coaches!

13 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

Interesting...  Did you not see that Nederland player clapping in Ozen's player face after a timeout?  Did you see unnecessary trash talk?  Did you see the stare downs after made baskets?  

Boyd got frustrated during one timeout and a coach had to get him under wraps.  After that, Boyd then proceeded to sink Nederland's ship in ot.  So it's safe to say that his attitude straightened up pretty quick

2 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

I did not see the game tonight and have not seen Josh act up when I've seen Ozen in the past.  So I can't comment on what he did or might have done.  

But I can comment on the twins.  I know their father quite well and if they act up, I can assure you they get a foot in their behinds.  Aaron Sr. doesn't play.  

But I'm not sure how you meant the above comment.  I CAN see what you mean if you are comparing the intensity in which they play.  That is a pretty accurate comparison IMO.  

8 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

Miguez will talk trash with the best of them but you will never see him disrespect his coach or team. He plays the game hard and with a lot of emotions.  I can assure you that English is glad to have him.

13 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

Interesting...  Did you not see that Nederland player clapping in Ozen's player face after a timeout?  Did you see unnecessary trash talk?  Did you see the stare downs after made baskets?  

Boyd got frustrated during one timeout and a coach had to get him under wraps.  After that, Boyd then proceeded to sink Nederland's ship in ot.  So it's safe to say that his attitude straightened up pretty quick

21 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I just asked you guys to provide some facts as to what English has accomplished that makes him a great coach thats all....btw no-one has yet to answer this question so I'll ask another. Would you consider him better than Saveat seeing that Saveat has more regional appearances and a state finals appearance and more playoff wins etc.

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I did not see the game tonight and have not seen Josh act up when I've seen Ozen in the past.  So I can't comment on what he did or might have done.  

But I can comment on the twins.  I know their father quite well and if they act up, I can assure you they get a foot in their behinds.  Aaron Sr. doesn't play.  

But I'm not sure how you meant the above comment.  I CAN see what you mean if you are comparing the intensity in which they play.  That is a pretty accurate comparison IMO.  

That is exactly what I was saying. They get a bad wrap for having bad body language but it's just diffrent because of how deep they feel about the game. 

Just now, rc2182 said:

Don't mind the talking at all ,I agree if you can talk a player out of his game ,do it .Number 23 kept talking to Boyd after he made a 3 pointer we see how that worked out in the end .What I didn't understand was why he wasn't tecked, when the last meeting, after Ozen player duncked said something and got tecked.

I think some of it was responding. I know 

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

i def heard Boyd telling Miguez he was soft. If i sank a few 3's in his face id probably clap my hands too. I have zero problem with players talking on the court. Its the disrespect he had towards his coach. 

11 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Imma put it like this. If my child KJ Miller ever disrespect his coach he knows he's in for it. I seen a kid disrespect the DC against LCM thus year and his arse didn't play another down that night. Then came Saturday practice he was paying for it wishing he never did that. But to each its own. Boyd is a dawg on that court tho. See the school I come from (WOS) discipline is the #1 rule. No discipline then you can't play at WOS.