Beaumont Ozen 79 Nederland 76/Final

WOSgrad

20 hours ago, bmtqj33 said:

You guys played us close last year  and we made it to state and y'all  don't  make it passed round one. So you're  right dejavu !!! Let's  go Panthers. By the way theirs no home cooking in the payoffs hehehehe!

Proof of how delusional Bmtqj33 can be, FT attempts from last night's game:

Ozen 38

Ned 20

yet Bmtqj33 thinks there was home cooking last night. Man those facts I keep posting sure has placed a lot of silence on this game (sorry). 

16 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Proof of how delusional Bmtqj33 can be, FT attempts from last night's game:

Ozen 38

Ned 20

yet Bmtqj33 thinks there was home cooking last night. Man those facts I keep posting sure has placed a lot of silence on this game (sorry). 

I was at the game...  There wasn't home cooking this time...

Curious from all you guys in the know,will the side line magician stay put after this season or will he look at other opportunities ???

Rumor mill states out west where its the best in the promise land of the West Brook Bruins there could be a job opening sooner than later.

All rumor not factual info. Just changing the subject here lol "24 hours down memory lane" has caused tempers and stress to flare up. ijs

Ozen has some talent not as much as ppl think the program does a great job of developing talent. Which allows guys to flourish in the system like Comeaux who was under the radar ,#0 Tyleor Broussard who has played great, #31 Demonta Patterson,#23 Darrian Jones, and thats just to name a few, plus there are about 3-4 guys on JV who could arguably be on varsity  So we love when some ppl think our best players leave and we wont challenge for a state title we just keep reloading. 

4 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Ozen has some talent not as much as ppl think the program does a great job of developing talent. Which allows guys to flourish in the system like Comeaux who was under the radar ,#0 Tyleor Broussard who has played great, #31 Demonta Patterson,#23 Darrian Jones, and thats just to name a few, plus there are about 3-4 guys on JV who could arguably be on varsity  So we love when some ppl think our best players leave and we wont challenge for a state title we just keep reloading. 

Really don't think you'll come anywhere near competing for a state title this year. But honestly, if you do, I'll be cheering for you

5 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Interesting, we've talked about this too.  Lol.  And I agree with this statement.. 

20 minutes ago, 5 on 5 said:

Really don't think you'll come anywhere near competing for a state title this year. But honestly, if you do, I'll be cheering for you

You may be wrong.  The Ozen team this year mirrors the team last year.  Records almost identical, there is that 1 guy that  you can iso and he can do his thing (Hunter last year, Boyd this year), there are a couple of pretty good big men coming along (Wyngard and Bolton last year, Pierre and Gibson this year), and the rest of the experienced group returns.  The X factor is that Broussard is playing so well and Tyler is healthy this year (very underrated on the ball defender) .

If Ozen is potential state contenders, then Nederland is also. This series could of and should of been 2-0 Nederland. If you watched both games and teams you would see there is more room for improvement on Nederland than Ozen. The main focal point is turnovers. Ozen does a pretty good job of taking care of the ball, and Nederland can improve in that department. My honest opinion is neither of these teams are state contenders. I hope I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, BIG SHOW said:

If Ozen is potential state contenders, then Nederland is also. This series could of and should of been 2-0 Nederland. If you watched both games and teams you would see there is more room for improvement on Nederland than Ozen. The main focal point is turnovers. Ozen does a pretty good job of taking care of the ball, and Nederland can improve in that department. My honest opinion is neither of these teams are state contenders. I hope I'm wrong. 

My opinion is that Ozen's players really don't believe Nederland is that big of a challenge when they play them. The coaches respect them more but the players don't always bring their A game when playing them so this allows the game to be closer than probably should be. JMO

2 minutes ago, JRidge said:

My opinion is that Ozen's players really don't believe Nederland is that big of a challenge when they play them. The coaches respect them more but the players don't always bring their A game when playing them so this allows the game to be closer than probably should be. JMO

Well, they almost lost both games.  Nederland took huge leads both games....  Ozen had to claw  back into it.. 

9 minutes ago, JRidge said:

I would maybe agree with that if Ozen blew Nederland out the first game but they didn't. 

On 1/30/2016 at 11:06 PM, Kj Dad said:

Mamba24, you accepting the attitude Boyd have. I have a kid that plays Football, Baseball, and Basketball at WOS. If  my kid would have ashamed me with the actions i seen Boyd do tonight. I would've went ashamed him. I wish my kid would do that to his coach what Boyd did. If they had any recruiter's in the building he just lost interest from them. I'm not his parent and I was ashame. I'm guessing they condone that at Ozen. 

Fact is the kid is dealing with some other issues and not handling it well. He still has to be made accountable for his actions and learn to deal with frustration are he will be back home soon. I've witness one of mine handle things wrong out of frustration coming off the field but we handled it so that it wouldn't happen again. Coaches should discipline players but parents should support the coaches and really be the one who corrects the behavior. After all coaches have them for a few seasons but they are ours for a lifetime. 

1 hour ago, team first said:

Till they meet again in the playoffs and the magician makes ozen disappear once again. 

Gotta get past your possible 1st rd matchup with Kingwood Park before you come back in these waters . These teams mirror each other be interesting to see who pulls it off.