Beaumont Ozen 79 Nederland 76/Final

WOSgrad

1 minute ago, show me love said:

When you compare English to Boutte thats a Championship coach vs. A non championship coach...

When you compare coach Boutte to other legends thats championship COACHES  compared to A championship COACH

Do you see the difference

What??? Boutte has 3 titles...what does that have to do with anything? Just asking for clarity in your statement..

4 minutes ago, show me love said:

When you compare English to Boutte thats a Championship coach vs. A non championship coach...

When you compare coach Boutte to other legends thats championship COACHES  compared to A championship COACH

Do you see the difference

No, I can't see a difference :rolleyes:

Question:. Who was comparing English to Boutte?  3 guesses and if all of them don't include an Ozen fan, you can't read.  

Once again, English was complimented, an Ozen fan invokes a Boutte comparison that had nothing to do with the original point made.  I haven't seen anyone say English is a superior coach to Boutte in this thread.  Quite frankly, it's a meaningless debate IMO.  To say one thinks Brian is a great coach is not to say Boutte isn't a coaching legend.   Understand??

If not, refer to Dickie V's post in the thread he started (nobly I assume to try and keep this one from getting derailed).  He clearly "gets it."

1 hour ago, 5 on 5 said:

Here is the simple reason behind the seating. Anyone can sit anywhere they want in our gym. There is one, and only one, exception. It is the seating DIRECTLY behind the benches. This applies to both HOME and VISITOR sides. The seating there literally starts one foot behind the benches, and it is not the best idea to have opposing fans that close, for either team. Wiuldnt you agree?. It is our gym and those are our seating arrangements. If that's not to your liking simply don't come to our gym. Honestly, is the seating that much of an issue?

It's funny...  This isn't the case in any other gym in the district.  And the seating that they're talking about isn't just that one row.  They don't want ANY opposing fan behind the bench, which is like 7 rows.  

And I've been to your gym for the last 10 years or so and it won't stop anytime soon. And if it's crowded and there is nowhere to sit and I happen to sit behind the Nederland bench, then so be it.  And I'll gladly decline when asked to move.  But how would they know if I'm a Nederland fan or an Ozen fan?  I'm still waiting on that answer.. 

40 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Last night was an anomaly. He was playing out of his mind. Usually doesn't play at that level. Hope he continues to improve. Not Varsity ready until he shows consistency. 

I don't know.  Looks like the only thing he needs to improve on is his shooting.  Everything else is there...

Sometimes on this forum, me included, we get caught up in the "fan" or "parent" aspect of it, and thats usually ok it's all in fun. But at the end of the day it's all about the boys. I want to give credit to #23 Jase Miguez with 27 points. He can score against any team, and any player. He doesn't get enough credit for his play. Also #11 Darryl Jones with 19 points. He has been a great surprise, has a great work ethic, and has taken full advantage of his opportunity to develop this year. He toughed it out late in the game with pretty bad cramps.  It will be HIS team next year. And kudos to #3 Kevin Howard, with 16 points, another junior getting better each week. His game is getting stronger in every aspect. 

Soulja........Ok. Many parents/relatives of our current players sit behind our bench. It has became tradition. Out of RESPECT we ask that other fans understand that. This is a very small section we are talking about. Our gym will NEVER be so full there is nowhere else to sit. Now as far as your question as to how do we determine a Ned fan vs a Ozen fan, I know your question is racial based and so do you. If you calmly sit and watch the game we wouldn't know who was your team, and you wouldn't be asked to relocate. If you cheer for Ned, we assume you're a Ned fan. If you cheer for Ozen, we assume you're an Ozen fan. Clear enough?

I just simply asked what made English such a great coach and no-one has still yet to give me an answer besides the fact he's had mediocre results at Vidor & Nederland...I never known a coached to be deemed great for having mediocre results it's just that simple. What have English done to be mentioned amongst the great coaches in the area? I'll go back to this questions for Brian English fans if you had to choose English or Savaet to coach your team who would you choose and why? 

1 hour ago, 5 on 5 said:

Soulja........Ok. Many parents/relatives of our current players sit behind our bench. It has became tradition. Out of RESPECT we ask that other fans understand that. This is a very small section we are talking about. Our gym will NEVER be so full there is nowhere else to sit. Now as far as your question as to how do we determine a Ned fan vs a Ozen fan, I know your question is racial based and so do you. If you calmly sit and watch the game we wouldn't know who was your team, and you wouldn't be asked to relocate. If you cheer for Ned, we assume you're a Ned fan. If you cheer for Ozen, we assume you're an Ozen fan. Clear enough?

No, not racial at all.  I knew you were gonna say that.  But there are several Nederland fans that are black.  I sat next to one yesterday.    So you're not correct to see where I was going with that.  

4 hours ago, Honest Abe said:

What have I said that shows bitterness? I'll wait for the quote. For the record, here is Ned's record Vs. Bmt (Central/Ozen) schools since 2009:

2009 3-1

2010 3-2

2011 4-0

2012 2-3
2013 2-2
2014 2-3
2015 0-4
2016 0-3

Someone check the validity of this list cause we definitely didn't lose to nederland 3 times let alone once.

Not sure what you're looking for. Bradyb made it pretty clear. English does more with less talent. It's simply that black and white. The stats support his comment and it's hard to deny. 

Doesn't matter what anyone posts, you won't  agree, so why should anyone try to help you understand? There have been plenty of facts and opinions given From Bradyb, Dick vitale, and txhoops. Other than your opinion, it's pretty much accepted that English has proven over and over that he can 'do more' with 'less talent'. All you care about is state rings. Those are great, but it doesn't mean everything when it comes to a great player or a great coach. 

Here is the correction:

2009 2-2

2010 3-2

(5-4)

2011 4-0

(9-4)

2012 2-3
(11-7)
2013 2-2
(13-9)
2014 2-3
(15-12)
2015 0-4
(15-16)
2016 0-3
(15-19)

Funny. Beaumont fans pretend like we got lucky one year. Here is proof otherwise, but I know it won't make a difference to the haters. 
The last 2 years we have lost ground, mainly bc we've 'been down'. that's the reason we now have a losing record over this period. 
BTW-That's the excuse that MOST Beaumont fans used from 2010-2013, 'our talent level was low that year'. 

5 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Here is the correction:

2009 2-2

2010 3-2

(5-4)

2011 4-0

(9-4)

2012 2-3
(11-7)
2013 2-2
(13-9)
2014 2-3
(15-12)
2015 0-4
(15-16)
2016 0-3
(15-19)

Funny. Beaumont fans pretend like we got lucky one year. Here is proof otherwise, but I know it won't make a difference to the haters. 
The last 2 years we have lost ground, mainly bc we've 'been down'. that's the reason we now have a losing record over this period. 
BTW-That's the excuse that MOST Beaumont fans used from 2010-2013, 'our talent level was low that year'. 

Stop complaining about not having talent when you guys have been stealing some of the best players from PA every year.

17 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Not sure what you're looking for. Bradyb made it pretty clear. English does more with less talent. It's simply that black and white. The stats support his comment and it's hard to deny. 

Doesn't matter what anyone posts, you won't  agree, so why should anyone try to help you understand? There have been plenty of facts and opinions given From Bradyb, Dick vitale, and txhoops. Other than your opinion, it's pretty much accepted that English has proven over and over that he can 'do more' with 'less talent'. All you care about is state rings. Those are great, but it doesn't mean everything when it comes to a great player or a great coach. 

By the way, none of the 3 posters you mentioned are affiliated with Nederland, other than I guess Dickie V lives there now.  But his ties are definitely more to other programs.  In fact, I was trying to think if I've ever been to a Nederland game where I wasn't there rooting for the other team or a particular player they were up against.  At best, I might have been a passive observer who had no rooting interest.  I don't hate or dislike Nederland, but I'm definitely not what you consider a fan.  Point being that you don't have to be a "Bulldog Fan" to appreciate the job English does with the kids. 

20 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Stop complaining about not having talent when you guys have been stealing some of the best players from PA every year.

Stealing players?? If a kid (of any race) lives in the zoned area. They attend NISD. Which one of these 'stolen players' have been D-1 products? ZERO!!!

you act like we put fake mailboxes in the middle of the field like Buddy Garrity!

unlike Beaumont schools, we don't get to recruit kids from three different high schools in Beaumont, yet you cry about a few kids who have transferred?? 

In our bball program, we have kids who have attended schools at: Yates (guess we stole him too), North Shore (yep, stole him easily), Pt Arthur, Beaumont, Hamshire (we all know they are loaded with talent). 

In all of English's years of coaching, he's coached 2 D-1 kids:

1.Omar Sneed (English was JV coach and an assistant at WB under Chris Cole)  

2. Colton Weisbrod

Just now, Honest Abe said:

Stealing players?? If a kid (of any race) lives in the zoned area. They attend NISD. Which one of these 'stolen players' have been D-1 products? ZERO!!!

unlike Beaumont schools, we don't get to recruit kids from three different high schools in Beaumont, yet you cry about a few kids who have transferred?? 

In our bball program, we have kids who have attended schools at: Yates (guess we stole him too), North Shore (yep, stole him easily), Pt Arthur, Beaumont, Hamshire (we all know they are loaded with talent). 

In all of English's years of coaching, he's coached 2 D-1 kids:

1.Omar Sneed (English was JV coach and an assistant at WB under Chris Cole)  

2. Colton Weisbrod

You forget Darryl Jones went to PAM before he attended Ned? Nice try though