Beaumont Ozen 79 Nederland 76/Final

WOSgrad

2 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

I just asked you guys to provide some facts as to what English has accomplished that makes him a great coach thats all....btw no-one has yet to answer this question so I'll ask another. Would you consider him better than Saveat seeing that Saveat has more regional appearances and a state finals appearance and more playoff wins etc.

If I was given a team and said you  can pick either Saveat or English to coach them, I would pick English. JMO as far as coaching I believe English is better, but I've also seen him more. Nothing against Saveat what he and Ozen has accomplished is great, they have built a power-house, and they win at every level of play!

1 minute ago, Kj Dad said:

Imma put it like this. If my child KJ Miller ever disrespect his coach he knows he's in for it. I seen a kid disrespect the DC against LCM thus year and his arse didn't play another down that night. Then came Saturday practice he was paying for it wishing he never did that. But to each its own. Boyd is a dawg on that court tho. See the school I come from (WOS) discipline is the #1 rule. No discipline then you can't play at WOS.

Stop it I've definitely know players that have suited up for WOS that broke many team rules and still played cut it out lol

4 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

I just asked you guys to provide some facts as to what English has accomplished that makes him a great coach thats all....btw no-one has yet to answer this question so I'll ask another. Would you consider him better than Saveat seeing that Saveat has more regional appearances and a state finals appearance and more playoff wins etc.

If you understand the game and have watched Nederland play, you would need "facts" to understand he's a great coach.  I'm no Nederland fan but can very much appreciate the job he does there.  

I'm not going to get into a Saveat vs. English debate because I think Saveat does/has done a good job with the Panthers as well.  I have an opinion but it doesn't really matter.  Both should be commended on how they've done with their kids. 

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Interesting...  Did you not see that Nederland player clapping in Ozen's player face after a timeout?  Did you see unnecessary trash talk?  Did you see the stare downs after made baskets?  

Boyd got frustrated during one timeout and a coach had to get him under wraps.  After that, Boyd then proceeded to sink Nederland's ship in ot.  So it's safe to say that his attitude straightened up pretty quick

1 I didn't see that but if I did I would've spoke on it. If y'all call trash talking having a bad attitude then so be it. It's a difference being disrespectful to and adult and kids talking trash. I attend many practices at WOS where the kids or going at it talking trash, but not once do they disrespect there coaches. Y'all can Sugar Coat it how ever you'll want. But not once will my kid disrespect his coach or any grown up

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

If you understand the game and have watched Nederland play, you would need "facts" to understand he's a great coach.  I'm no Nederland fan but can very much appreciate the job he does there.  

I'm not going to get into a Saveat vs. English debate because I think Saveat does/has done a good job with the Panthers as well.  I have an opinion but it doesn't really matter.  Both should be commended on how they've done with their kids. 

I agree 100%

Just now, TxHoops said:

You're still not answering my question....what has English done that makes him the best or one of the best coaches in the area? 

Stop it I've definitely know players that have suited up for WOS that broke many team rules and still played cut it out lol

You may be correct.  However, in football, I know a starting qb who was suspended for the year going into last season and another kid who was a very high D1 recruit who also got kicked off the team several years ago.  

3 minutes ago, HSbballFan said:

I think some of it was responding. I know 

i def heard Boyd telling Miguez he was soft. If i sank a few 3's in his face id probably clap my hands too. I have zero problem with players talking on the court. Its the disrespect he had towards his coach. 

Wouldn't say disrespect.. it was in the heat of the game...  A game that was high energy and competitive.  The coach grabbed him and calmed him down.  And amazingly, there were no more spats...

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

You may be correct.  However, in football, I know a starting qb who was suspended for the year going into last season and another kid who was a very high D1 recruit who also got kicked off the team several years ago.  

I also know a guy that started RB at WOS that consistently missed practice and did all kinds of other things that I won't mention that I'm sure were against WOS team policies and played the entire season lol so lets stop that WOS built on discipline crap now. Cause everybody know when Dion Beasley played he could've did whatever he wanted and WOS and wouldn't of been kicked off the team.

1 minute ago, ozensfinest said:

You're still not answering my question....what has English done that makes him the best or one of the best coaches in the area? 

The fact that you have to ask the question is very telling.   And you may be the only one in this thread who doesn't understand that simple concept. 

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

Magic words suspended and kick off the team see how that works. Nobody bigger then the team. Imma give you'll a little insight. If a player for WOS cramp up during a game the entire team has to pay. If that's not being discipline and responsible I don't know what to tell you'll. NOBODY MEANING NOBODY BIGGER THEN THE TEAM

I also know a guy that started RB at WOS that consistently missed practice and did all kinds of other things that I won't mention that I'm sure were against WOS team policies and played the entire season lol so lets stop that WOS built on discipline crap now. Cause everybody know when Dion Beasley played he could've did whatever he wanted and WOS and wouldn't of been kicked off the team.

Don't derail this thread with your WOS envy.  You have been wrong enough about the Mustangs on the football board.  No reason to bring that nonsense over to this one ;)

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

The fact that you have to ask the question is very telling.   And you may be the only one in this thread who doesn't understand that simple concept. 

The fact that you can't answer the question is very telling...I always thought coaches performance was based off results but ok I guess you'll continue to duck my question lol smh

1 hour ago, Baller 93 said:

.Get your boy Boutte or Saveat to come coach at Nederland and we will see how that works out with State Titles and deep playoff runs?    or go coach at Vidor?

.....And that should end the conversation!

Baller93 1

Everyone else 0

if ANYONE comes back with a rebuttal, I will laugh harder than I did the night OZFinest didn't show up on this board after we bet Ozen in the playoffs 2 years ago. 

Just now, ozensfinest said:

The fact that you can't answer the question is very telling...I always thought coaches performance was based off results but ok I guess you'll continue to duck my question lol smh

I don't have his win total (a little help Bulldog fans) but I can tell you it's a ton, especially at his age.  And his teams are consistently competitive, even though there is often a big talent gap.   Do I think he would go deeper in the playoffs consistently at other area schools?  Yes I do.  But he's is where he is and that's just speculation and opinion.  But again, the fact that you have to ask the question and don't see it for yourself just proves what a lot of us already knew...

9 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

1 I didn't see that but if I did I would've spoke on it. If y'all call trash talking having a bad attitude then so be it. It's a difference being disrespectful to and adult and kids talking trash. I attend many practices at WOS where the kids or going at it talking trash, but not once do they disrespect there coaches. Y'all can Sugar Coat it how ever you'll want. But not once will my kid disrespect his coach or any grown up

...the Nederland kid had an episode last year as well.  

And I don't sugar coat anything.  Boyd's attitude could be better.  I've been probably the most crutial on Boyd for about 2 years now .  And I'd have a serious problem if my son disrespected his coach.  

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Don't derail this thread with your WOS envy.  You have been wrong enough about the Mustangs on the football board.  No reason to bring that nonsense over to this one ;)

Lol they don't like when you're telling the truth....fact is I have friends from WOS I have nothing but respect for them but I gotta call a spade a spade. There has been players to play at WOS that has been bigger than the team so cut it the BS.

The fact you can't see his answer is very telling...Saveat was give a program that was already built with talent galore. English has built his program from the ground up, and when I say ground I don't mean junior high, I mean little league. I don't believe Saveat could have had the success at Nederland, that English has had.

7 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

.....And that should end the conversation!

Baller93 1

Everyone else 0

if ANYONE comes back with a rebuttal, I will laugh harder than I did the night OZFinest didn't show up on this board after we bet Ozen in the playoffs 2 years ago

You know whats funny about this post besides the fact that you're lying? I was actually the only Ozen supporter that publicly stated on this forum that Ozen wasn't a good team and that they wouldn't make a state run and many of you guys on here killed me for it.(Soulja & Mamba can attest to this) So when Ned beat Ozen that year I wasn't surprised at all, it was the same year they had lost to LCM in fact. 

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wouldn't say disrespect.. it was in the heat of the game...  A game that was high energy and competitive.  The coach grabbed him and calmed him down.  And amazingly, there were no more spats...

Fair enough. You always keep it real. I'd hope that continues. It was a great game tonight. I understand what it's like to get upset on the court. It's tough for Nederland having to play Ozen and Central back to back. 

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I don't have his win total (a little help Bulldog fans) but I can tell you it's a ton, especially at his age.  And his teams are consistently competitive, even though there is often a big talent gap.   Do I think he would go deeper in the playoffs consistently at other area schools?  Yes I do.  But he's is where he is and that's just speculation and opinion.  But again, the fact that you have to ask the question and don't see it for yourself just proves what a lot of us already knew...

I don't go off speculation I only talk facts...and you've still yet to answer the question what has english accomplished as a head basketball coach that make you guys consider him the best coach in the area? Regionals? State appearances? District titles? I mean he's been in the district for well over ten years I believe and have what two district titles? 1 regional appearance? I saw that you brought up his age well Boutte was 26 or 27 when he won his first state title so throw that excuse out the window. Let me ask you a question TxHoops if I gave you a resume with no name on it but those same accomplishments I just named would still consider that person a great coach? 

PS. I hear Westbrook is opening up this spring tell English to go apply then there will be no excuse about he has no talent. And speaking of talent he's been stealing some of the best players from PA for years and you mean to tell me he's still getting bounced out first & second round with them? Lol smh

It all boils down to Nederland lost and SOME not all Nederland got their panties in a bunch and faces turned upside down. 0-2 try again next year remember just being competitive and acually winning are two different things. And Baller 93 what are you really saying about Coach Boutte or Coach Saveat that they cant win unless they have talent? Im dying to hear it lollll ... Its not all anout X's & o's sometimes but about getting kid to buy into your system. I mean could English coach at a Ozen or Central i wont say the man couldnt but he sure would have his hands full delaing with alot of unforseen situations. 

Is someone really questioning the coaching of Brian English? If so, whomever (because I dont' feel like sorting out the who part, is a moron.

He had a Vidor team that beat Ozen TWICE in one year. The Ozen team with Kendrick Perkins on the team if memory serves me correct. Now the job he has done at Nederland is outstanding. I don't know his overall record but ask anyone who knows anything about the local scene and they will agree he is one of the best around. The Bulldogs were in the regional tournament few years ago. 

And what Nederland fans dont understand is Beaumont has literally 5 high schools WB, Central, Ozen,Kelly,Legacy. Nederland has one high school so every kid in middle school knows what HS they are attending which makes it easier to establish your system at the lower levels. You play in the same system from lil dribblers to hs . All English has to is implement and trust the coaches the to teach it to the kids. Beaumont doesnt has have that luxury but one thing Ozen has is a program and the tradition of that program has been passed down from Boutte to Saveat and after he is gone to whoever is next in line. So if you want to out an asterik next to the wins against Nederland because we have talent then fine but that sure is alot of asterisks