Beaumont Ozen 79 Nederland 76/Final

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, NeDeRlAnD b-DoG fAn said:

What does that say for y'all then?  Y'all played a team close at home and then got taken to overtime by a team that "want" get out of the first round. Lol

You guys played us close last year  and we made it to state and y'all  don't  make it passed round one. So you're  right dejavu !!! Let's  go Panthers. By the way theirs no home cooking in the payoffs hehehehe!

The refs were from San Antonio tonight. Again, get a clue. 

The foul count was heavily favored in Ozen's court but, but I thought the refs did fine tonight. 

Mainly reason y'all won was bc of Boyd  other than him, y'all are average at best  

Btw-I said dejavu from TWO years ago! Learn your history. I thought you were a Centeal fan any way. 

Refs were ok overall tonight.  They were really ticky though...  That 3rd period seemed like it lasted forever...  Anyway, when the lead was about 15 points for Nederland, they played flawless!.  They hit the open man for the shot.  They made layups and played great defense.  And Ozen played horrible and missed free throws.

Things changed when Ozen turned up the pressure.  Boyd caught fire late, which made it a game.  I just wish that when Ozen went up by like 6 late in the game, that they played crisp defense and put this game away.  

Anyway, they played great in OT and got the win.  Ozen needs to get a lot better to make a deep playoff run.  

Game ball goes to Calvin Tyler.  Played great on the ball defense, got some key steals and hit a critical 3 pointer late.  This kid had to match up with Nederland's shifty guard #11 and did a good job with quick feet and physical defense...  

8 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

The refs were from San Antonio tonight. Again, get a clue. 

The foul count was heavily favored in Ozen's court but, but I thought the refs did fine tonight. 

Mainly reason y'all won was bc of Boyd  other than him, y'all are average at best  

Btw-I said dejavu from TWO years ago! Learn your history. I thought you were a Centeal fan any way. 

Y'all  don't have the player y'all  had two year ago. Quit living  in the past! It will be a wile before big Ned  get a player like that agian. Keep up with history! 

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Refs were ok overall tonight.  They were really ticky though...  That 3rd period seemed like it lasted forever...  Anyway, when the lead was about 15 points for Nederland, they played flawless!.  They hit the open man for the shot.  They made layups and played great defense.  And Ozen played horrible and missed free throws.

Things changed when Ozen turned up the pressure.  Boyd caught fire late, which made it a game.  I just wish that when Ozen went up by like 6 late in the game, that they played crisp defense and put this game away.  

Anyway, they played great in OT and got the win.  Ozen needs to get a lot better to make a deep playoff run.  

Game ball goes to Calvin Tyler.  Played great on the ball defense, got some key steals and hit a critical 3 pointer late.  This kid had to match up with Nederland's shifty guard #11 and did a good job with quick feet and physical defense...  

I wish Ned would have 'put the game away' in the 2nd when we were up 18 points. We let Boyd gain confidence as he scored 7 'easy' points in the last minute of the half. 

Speaking of fouls, was that not the longest game ever?

1 minute ago, Honest Abe said:

I wish Ned would have 'put the game away' in the 2nd when we were up 18 points. We let Boyd gain confidence as he scored 7 'easy' points in the last minute of the half. 

Speaking of fouls, was that not the longest game ever?

I like the glass half empty/full type situation here.  Lol

Man, that 3rd period killed me...  Long game...  Seem like a lot of fouls called...

Kind of turned out how I expected.  A lot of us thought it would be another dog fight (no pun intended).  Nederland continues to impress me, especially with how the season began.  I don't know why I am surprised at this point, it's what we should all expect from a Brian English-coached team. 

At this point, they need to learn how to finish and win these types of games.  Very good showing but I am sure disappointing too.  Two really good opportunities to pull off a big upset lost.  But I am sure they will learn from it and continue to improve...