Beaumont Ozen 79 Nederland 76/Final

WOSgrad

2 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Have some of this bitter tea and salty nuts  Honest Abe,5 on 5, Big Show, maybe next year yall can try and be competitive.

I congratulated Ozen on their win. It was a great, competitive, hard fought game. Ned packed the house tonight, and win or lose I can't imagine any fan sitting in the stands that didn't enjoy this game. Bitter tea and salty nuts?

And Honest Abe im only going by MaxPrep results but Ozen record against Nederland 14-4 last 18 games. Against Central 12-4 in the last 16. So Beaumont schools are roughly 26-8 against nederland and thats competitive right man stop it. I dont see where he's been successful against them, do the kids play hard yes ,they do they run their system to perfection  yes, but let me know when he gets above .500. And yea yea 2014 Colton spin move game winner but you cant live in the past forever. If thats the highlight for Nederland program they have a longggggg way to go. 

6 hours ago, Honest Abe said:

Wait a second!!! So, let me get this side of the story straight....Vidor has NEVER been good at basketball. NEVER even had a record of .500 .....EVER!!!! English comes along, and suddenly Vidor has talent and beat Ozen twice and make the playoffs 3 of 4 years?? 

Then English leaves and Vidor doesn't have talent anymore?? Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

wait!! There's more....English goes to Nederland who has been talentless since the last time they made the playoffs (1995). And before that??? 1956!!! Yes! 19 flippin 56!!!!

English wins 20+ games every year.  Beats Ozen and Central for 4 years. Now since he only 'competes well' against the number 8 team in the state, he just isn't that special?? Hahahahahaha!!! Then just two years ago, Ned beat the #1 team in state (Central) AT THEIR HOUSE!! Then beat Ozen later that year in round 3!! You guys kill me on how short your memory serves you!!!

Oh, BTW, how has Vidor faired in the past 8 years since English left?? 

(Drops mic and leaves the stage)

Careful, I may have to report you to the authorities if you continue to dole out that kind of abuse...

8 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

It all boils down to Nederland lost and SOME not all Nederland got their panties in a bunch and faces turned upside down. 0-2 try again next year remember just being competitive and acually winning are two different things. And Baller 93 what are you really saying about Coach Boutte or Coach Saveat that they cant win unless they have talent? Im dying to hear it lollll ... Its not all anout X's & o's sometimes but about getting kid to buy into your system. I mean could English coach at a Ozen or Central i wont say the man couldnt but he sure would have his hands full delaing with alot of unforseen situations. 

Yes indeed.  We've talked about this last night...

7 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

It was the year after perk graduated...now mention how Bouttee is like 1,000-3 head to head vs English. Also English fans like to say he don't have talent but that Vidor team was loaded that year I think they had a kid that was about 6'6 on that team that was shooting it light outs and a couple of other studs on the team. What English stans fail to mention though is how they still finished 3rd in district that year losing to Central twice and lost in the first or second round of the playoffs while Ozen went on to play in the regional finals. Lol funny how people never mention these things, like I said determining a great coach is based on results period. And to my knowledge English definitely doesn't have the resume a what I would personally consider a "GREAT". Now is he a "GOOD" yes but he's done nothing special to be in the same sentence with some of the great coaches that have been on the sidelines from the area lets stop this nonsense please. And if you disagree please give me FACTS on why you disagree.

To keep the argument fair, there was a year Visor beat Ozen 3 times.  That year, Central split with Vidor, both winning on the road...

7 hours ago, Honest Abe said:

Wait a second!!! So, let me get this side of the story straight....Vidor has NEVER been good at basketball. NEVER even had a record of .500 .....EVER!!!! English comes along, and suddenly Vidor has talent and beat Ozen twice and make the playoffs 3 of 4 years?? 

Then English leaves and Vidor doesn't have talent anymore?? Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

wait!! There's more....English goes to Nederland who has been talentless since the last time they made the playoffs (1995). And before that??? 1956!!! Yes! 19 flippin 56!!!!

English wins 20+ games every year.  Beats Ozen and Central for 4 years. Now since he only 'competes well' against the number 8 team in the state, he just isn't that special?? Hahahahahaha!!! Then just two years ago, Ned beat the #1 team in state (Central) AT THEIR HOUSE!! Then beat Ozen later that year in round 3!! You guys kill me on how short your memory serves you!!!

Oh, BTW, how has Vidor faired in the past 8 years since English left?? 

(Drops mic and leaves the stage)

Great point.  Can't lie.. 

But 2 questions about this game...  

1. (and I've made gripes about this in the past and no Nederland fan answered). Why was the announcement made for only teams fans to sit behind their benches?  Show can an Ozen fan and a Nederland fan be differentiated?  And the question I asked in the stands, WHAT DOES IT MATTER?!

2.  Why is the #11 Nederland kid that's on JV not on Varsity STARTING.  Kid is a freakish athleat, finishes at the cup, either hand, great dribbles, great first step, and a VERY fiery competitor.  Imo

21 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But 2 questions about this game...  

1. (and I've made gripes about this in the past and no Nederland fan answered). Why was the announcement made for only teams fans to sit behind their benches?  Show can an Ozen fan and a Nederland fan be differentiated?  And the question I asked in the stands, WHAT DOES IT MATTER?!

2.  Why is the #11 Nederland kid that's on JV not on Varsity STARTING.  Kid is a freakish athleat, finishes at the cup, either hand, great dribbles, great first step, and a VERY fiery competitor.  Imo

I can answer number 1 but not sure of question 2.    If i remember correctly, i think there was a incident where some Nederland fans had there seats set up behind the Nederland bench and parents and kids from the other team just came and sat in there seats.  They were asked nicely to move and they refused so cops had to get them to move.  Also i would think this is to prevent other teams from heckling the coach and players right behind the bench.  Other than that fans can sit where they choose.  I personally have no issue with it.

2 hours ago, show me love said:

These are the D1 players in Ozen History: Josh Boyd makes 7...

Keen Young BYU

Brandon Chapel Lamar

Jason Dabney TSU

Jason Breckenridge P.V

Kris Richards Tulane

Jordan Hunter New Mexico

Josh Boyd North Western

BTW-You left Perk off your list of D1 players. 

The number of D1 players in the history of basket ball in:

Vidor-ZERO

Nederland: 3

Walt Davis (1949) 

Jaimie Weaver (1983)

Colton Weisbrod (2014)

I'm hopeful it won't be more than 30 years before we get another D-1 kid. 

Ozen finest my boy! I think what people are trying to say is English has less talent than Ozen/Central year after year. If you take ozen's top 10, Central's top 10, and Nederland's top 10 and play a street ball tournament... Nederland will not be able to compete. That's with every grade level. Every year English makes those games competitive. That's %100 coaching and the system he runs. You can not sit there and say that is not true. Freshman boys beat Ozen... JV boys beat Ozen... Varsity boys lost to Ozen by 3. If me and you were picking teams out of the top 10 from each team... Mostly Ozen players would be picked before the Nederland players. He competes with less talent. You can't argue with that. 

1 hour ago, dadofabulldog said:

I can answer number 1 but not sure of question 2.    If i remember correctly, i think there was a incident where some Nederland fans had there seats set up behind the Nederland bench and parents and kids from the other team just came and sat in there seats.  They were asked nicely to move and they refused so cops had to get them to move.  Also i would think this is to prevent other teams from heckling the coach and players right behind the bench.  Other than that fans can sit where they choose.  I personally have no issue with it.

It's funny.  I was at that game and sat by those parents.  They were causing no commotion and refused to move.  

But like I said, how would you determine the difference from a Nederland fan and an Ozen fan?  Because you don't have to wear the teams colors or logo and you're not required to cheer or boo...