2015 Willie Ray Smith Finalists

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, JG1834 said:

I will say this I watched him in the Silsbee scrimmage against Central, who had better athletes and he balled out. I also went and watched him live at the Silsbee Jasper game when he went absolutely nuts. I lean towards Jack Dallas because of the hype and the name and the ring but the more I think about the video game numbers it's hard to say no. Plus Jasper had some DUDES on D and couldn't even touch him and Central had some DUDES on D that couldnt touch him.

jasper had no dudes on defense, wos put an easy 54 points on them. but I've always been a dontre fan. 

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 5:30 PM, Footballfan1209 said:

Offense - Has to go to the State Champion QB from WOS. As much as I would like to see Adam Morse win it, you cant deny Jack Dallas this award. Reminds me of Drew Brees.

Defense -  As much as I think Innis Gaines shoud win it, its just really hard to go against a guy who played 16 ball games and came out a State Champion. Have to go with

Steven Tims.

All WOS Love here

If not mistaking Tims finish the year with 215 tackles (Wos Record) and Has the most tackles in WOS History. Previous Records held by Garon Allen 

On Friday, January 22, 2016 at 6:38 AM, chukslegacy said:

My thoughts are both young men (JD and Dontre)deserve the award due to their outstanding skills and leadership of their teams.  I think it should be determined strictly on stats but that's just my opinion. There is no doubt that JD has an awesome selection of players he could go to but he still had to get it done. Dontre didn't have the weapons JD had but still found a way to go several rounds deep in the playoffs. Tough pick! I would be glad to see either one win the award! Congrats to all that were selected.

It was once quoted on Setx that Silsbee had the best receiving core in SETX. 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Gabe said:

Or a guy with over 200 tackles won and a QB won that won a state title and had pretty darn good numbers considering he sat out almost every 4th quarter for 80% of the games he played in. 

Don't mind the kid on defense winning although the safety from WB was better and had better stats but winning a state title doesn't mean you're the best offensive or defensive player in the area it means you had the best "TEAM" if thats the case Peyton Manning should've won Super Bowl MVP

14 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Don't mind the kid on defense winning although the safety from WB was better and had better stats but winning a state title doesn't mean you're the best offensive or defensive player in the area it means you had the best "TEAM" if thats the case Peyton Manning should've won Super Bowl MVP

OK so you mind Jack Dallas winnning. Not only did the kid win a state title, he won the offensive MVP award of the state championship game. He threw for 3,113 yards and had 44 touchdowns without playing 80% of the 4th quarters of games this year and sometimes didn't touch the field after half. 

Quit hating and just say congratulations. This was nothing against the other players. Those guys are all amazing. Everyone of them represented our area very well. 

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

OK so you mind Jack Dallas winnning. Not only did the kid win a state title, he won the offensive MVP award of the state championship game. He threw for 3,113 yards and had 44 touchdowns without playing 80% of the 4th quarters of games this year and sometimes didn't touch the field after half. 

Quit hating and just say congratulations. This was nothing against the other players. Those guys are all amazing. Everyone of them represented our area very well. 

Not hating at all but a kid that put up 70 Td's and sat out almost just as many games as JD did and played less should've won this award easily....you mentioned the state championship game where the game was mostly dominated by the DEFENSE not the offense. JD did nothing special in the state championship game if we're being honest. No way JD was the best offensive player in the area, we need to get guys that actually have knowledge of the game to vote on these awards instead of a bunch of news guys that don't have a clue smh this award has been consistently robbing kids of being rewarded for the hard work they've put in all season it's a disgrace.  

12 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Not hating at all but a kid that put up 70 Td's and sat out almost just as many games as JD did and played less should've won this award easily....you mentioned the state championship game where the game was mostly dominated by the DEFENSE not the offense. JD did nothing special in the state championship game if we're being honest. No way JD was the best offensive player in the area, we need to get guys that actually have knowledge of the game to vote on these awards instead of a bunch of news guys that don't have a clue smh this award has been consistently robbing kids of being rewarded for the hard work they've put in all season it's a disgrace.  

What games did DT sit out in ???