2015 Willie Ray Smith Finalists

WOSgrad

2 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

I see you're misinformed this award goes to the best overall offensive & defensive player in the area judged solely on statistics...not by wins and losses or by who wins a state championship. At least thats how it's supposed to be judged.

Every voter is entitled to how he chooses to vote. I don't think there is a set criteria for which a voter is given to select a winner. 

JD and the 4a D2 stangs did up DT and then 4a D1 Tigres. Did y'all stats worshippers forget games that WOS had when they were kicking FGs on first and goals?

if Silsbee's defense could have stopped anybody, maybe DT would have gotten benched a lot, too. 

The voters got it right. JD won the head to head AND the state championship. 

13 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

JD and the 4a D2 stangs did up DT and then 4a D1 Tigres. Did y'all stats worshippers forget games that WOS had when they were kicking FGs on first and goals?

if Silsbee's defense could have stopped anybody, maybe DT would have gotten benched a lot, too. 

The voters got it right. JD won the head to head AND the state championship. 

So you agree that Dontre would have received this award if

the "defense" would have helped.

You just killed most of the arguments that are justifying the award results.

WOS is a State Championship Team. 

There can really be no true argument against someone winning this award quarterbacking that team.

I said it before, it was a done deal when WOS won it all.  I can live with that, and I bet Dontre is at peace with his performance. 

Again, Congrats to both.

Guys, on page 2 of this thread, I gave my reason for selecting DT and not JD.  And some of you are on Ozensfinest's arse, but he is 100% correct, imo.  It's an individual award and team accolades including state title wins shouldn't be factored in.  Congrats to the young men that won it, but I still feel the Silsbee kid was more deserving....

Congrats too all the FINALIST of THE WRS AWARDS, all are well deserving! Earlier in the thread I said I was bias that DALLAS/TIMS would win. They won and its a lot of ??? About this and that and whom should have one.Just be HAPPY FOR THE KIDS THAT WON THE WRS AWARD.  If GOD IS FOR YOU , IT DOESNT MATTER WHOS AGAINST YOU. 

CONGRATS TO JACK(VANILLA THUNDER) DALLAS AND STEVEN (THE TACKLER) TIMS.

Ok, I've read all the comments and all the hate. It's absolutely rediculos. Especially the offensive award. Have those people forgot that Jack lead his team to the State Championship game as a sophomore? Not just a sophomore but was the 3rd string QB?? And then he made a promise to his teammates after that loss that he would be back and win it. He was the ONLY returning starter on that side of the ball. Well, he just led a whole new team to a State Championship. He also has a very, very good chance to do it again in 2016. In my opinion stats don't mean crap compared to just being  a winner. That kid doesn't get rattled in adversity. It's the exact opposite, he gets better. That is what a true leader does. And all you people that say it's just a small school, why do they beat EVERYONE in this area no matter what class they are? And yes, I believe they can beat any team in SETX. That is why they only have 9 regular season games because no one wants to play them. Respect!

13 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

Congrats too all the FINALIST of THE WRS AWARDS, all are well deserving! Earlier in the thread I said I was bias that DALLAS/TIMS would win. They won and its a lot of ??? About this and that and whom should have one.Just be HAPPY FOR THE KIDS THAT WON THE WRS AWARD.  If GOD IS FOR YOU , IT DOESNT MATTER WHOS AGAINST YOU. 

CONGRATS TO JACK(VANILLA THUNDER) DALLAS AND STEVEN (THE TACKLER) TIMS.

Makes me sick that people just can't be happy for the boys that won! They both deserved it! 

10 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Man I just watched the Tims kid film and after watching him he probably shouldn't of even been nominated let alone won the award.

And before you WOS fans disagree here's a link to his HUDL;

This is the hidden content, please

You have always been a hater. It's pathetic really. 

10 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Man I just watched the Tims kid film and after watching him he probably shouldn't of even been nominated let alone won the award.

And before you WOS fans disagree here's a link to his HUDL;

This is the hidden content, please

Lol are you serious? You should have VOTED! YOUR VOTE might have been the difference maker!....... Kmsl

3 minutes ago, kicker said:

Ok, I've read all the comments and all the hate. It's absolutely rediculos. Especially the offensive award. Have those people forgot that Jack lead his team to the State Championship game as a sophomore? Not just a sophomore but was the 3rd string QB?? And then he made a promise to his teammates after that loss that he would be back and win it. He was the ONLY returning starter on that side of the ball. Well, he just led a whole new team to a State Championship. He also has a very, very good chance to do it again in 2016. In my opinion stats don't mean crap compared to just being  a winner. That kid doesn't get rattled in adversity. It's the exact opposite, he gets better. That is what a true leader does. And all you people that say it's just a small school, why do they beat EVERYONE in this area no matter what class they are? And yes, I believe they can beat any team in SETX. That is why they only have 9 regular season games because no one wants to play them. Respect!

+112,000 (112%)

1 minute ago, ozensfinest said:

WATCH THE FILM then go watch Innis Gaines....I don't see anything on his hudl impressive ANYTHING!!

Could you Please go tell OZEN HC AND BEAUMONT AD, that WOS looking for another Game? So we can let the kids settle your DEBATE in between those LINES!........Lol

Drop the mic! Will be waiting to hear back from you soon.

7 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

WATCH THE FILM then go watch Innis Gaines....I don't see anything on his hudl impressive ANYTHING!!

I don't have to "watch the film" I saw it in person and both kids balled out. Let me tell you something, any kid that sets a record at WOS is absolutely amazing. You have no clue because you don't understand the excellence at WOS. I really feel sorry for you. With all the history and unbelievable players we have had, that means way more than anything any other team around here can say. It's a mentality man. 

Jack Dallas and Steven Tims of West Orange-Stark were named Offensive and Defensive winners of the Willie Ray Smith Award Wednesday night in Beaumont.  Sponsored by the Beaumont Founders Lions Club since 1992, the award honors the top players on both sides of the ball during the football season.

Dallas, a junior, threw for more than 3000 yards and 44 TD’s while leading the Mustangs (15-1) to the 4A D2 State Title.  In just two years Dallas owns the schools career passing record with 5472 yards and another season.  Tims recorded a school record 215 tackles this season and now owns the career mark with 468.  He anchored a defense that gave up just 10 points per game and only 3 points in the State Championship win vs. Celina.  Both players were named MVP in the State Championship win.

The Mustangs own the WRS Awards winning eight times (West Brook 5).  Dallas becomes the second Offensive winner from WOS (Deon Beasley, 2005) and Tims joins a great Defensive list with (Charles Sias, 1997; Gayron Allen, 1999; Jermaine Hope, 2000; Earl Thomas, 2006; Kevin Robinson, 2008; and Deionte Thompson, 2014).

Besides 2012 when Vidor’s Montana Quirante won both Offensive and Defensive Awards, it’s the first time one school swept both categories.

Via Kogt

All imma say is that WINNERS WIN! 

12 minutes ago, kicker said:

I don't have to "watch the film" I saw it in person and both kids balled out. Let me tell you something, any kid that sets a record at WOS is absolutely amazing. You have no clue because you don't understand the excellence at WOS. I really feel sorry for you. With all the history and unbelievable players we have had, that means way more than anything any other team around here can say. It's a mentality man. 

The film don't lie...

Congrats to WOS....

Dontre' Thomas had, and still has my vote for this award! Fortunately both of my son's had the opportunity to play rt tackle  and back up qb this year for DT.  I can say they couldn't have had a better QB/Team leader. Dontre worked his a$$ off over the summer, and this season he set records. He had respect from all his teammates, made 5 second game winning decisions, to say the least.  He is an outstanding kid and athlete! As much as I hate that he is not getting the recognition/respect from some in our area, I can only hope that he knows how much love we SILSBILLIES have for him!  Again such a great kid!!! Much love DT!!! I'll definitely be makeing a trip to Kilgore next year!