2015 Willie Ray Smith Finalists

WOSgrad

18 minutes ago, oldage football said:

#'s ok i give you the only #'s that matter --  ( 9/18/2015 -- WOS 49 - Sils 28) now those are pretty nice #'s

In team accomplishments, I 100% agree.

Individual awards such as this, well..................

Also, in regards to that game, only one other team scored more points against WO-S than Silsbee and that was Richmond Foster. State semifinalist Cuero scored the same 28 points that Silsbee scored. Dontre accounted for all 4 of Silsbee's TD's in the game against WO-S.

considering the fact, after the Richmond foster game Jack went 9 games without finishing the game. he'd sit out halfway through the 3rd quarter. Dontre numbers may be better but Jack is a better QB than him. I'm pretty sure Silsbee NEVER sat Dontre out. Jack stats wasn't like his because he didn't need to do as much. Dontre seemed to be all Silsbee had. 

3 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

I agree but you're not making sense by saying he wouldn't play QB at WOS when there's been guys that he's better than(Hypolite, Bevil, etc) play QB at WOS. So I'm still confused as to why he wouldn't play QB at WOS...

He wouldn't play qb at wos because Jack Dallas is the qb at wos,plain and simple...

4 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

considering the fact, after the Richmond foster game Jack went 9 games without finishing the game. he'd sit out halfway through the 3rd quarter. Dontre numbers may be better but Jack is a better QB than him. I'm pretty sure Silsbee NEVER sat Dontre out. Jack stats wasn't like his because he didn't need to do as much. Dontre seemed to be all Silsbee had. 

Five games. 

8 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

Soph. RB Adonis Thomas had over 1200 yards rushing and 20 TD's

My thoughts are both young men (JD and Dontre)deserve the award due to their outstanding skills and leadership of their teams.  I think it should be determined strictly on stats but that's just my opinion. There is no doubt that JD has an awesome selection of players he could go to but he still had to get it done. Dontre didn't have the weapons JD had but still found a way to go several rounds deep in the playoffs. Tough pick! I would be glad to see either one win the award! Congrats to all that were selected.

12 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

only thing Dontre could do better than Jack was run the football. THATS all. can't compare stats because 10 times out of 10 WOS shut their complete offense down halftime. they have never tried to run the score up or pad anybody stats

REALLY! Then it sounds like to me maybe the Sims kid from WOS should win the award! DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS correct!!

WOS fans are y'all seriously on here debating who's better a player out of Thomas and JD? You guys serious are y'all just trolling? Only thing you can point out is that WOS won state... Notice I said WOS and not one playe. The Dontre kid was responsible for 71 TDS......SEVENTY ONE!!!! He is by far the best offensive player in the area ain't it's not even close in my opinion.

I been all over this thread and multiple threads where is Buddy Garrity with the info, I am surprised he didn't start this thread.  I honestly think Tims/Gaines and Thomas have this wrapped up, but hey be proud of all of them. I know there are many left off who names could have been here, and I am proud of them as well. If I could vote I would have voted Buddy Garrity offensive/defensive stats winner of Willie Ray Smith  Award.

Just now, fox said:

wow. this guy is suppose to be head and shoulders above everybody in the area and he is going to a junior college?

Who said he was head and shoulders better than everybody in regards to next level? He just had a tremendous season which this award is based on, not potential college player or who gets the most and more prolific college offers.

But you already knew that, hater. smh

Congrats to all finalist. Thomas is sure to be winner. But just wanna say special congrats to my nephew King. Leading a team from 4th place spot previous yr to 2nd place & a playoff win in 19yrs of school history. And achieving 34 rushing TDs with every team keying directly on him, 41 all purpose tds , with his time being limited some gms. Again congrats to all & good luck.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 1:50 AM, ozensfinest said:

Another example of WOS fans being delusional as usual...Jack Dallas not even on the same planet as Dontre this is an award about individual stats has nothing to do with what his team won. It's no way you can come on here and realistically say that Jack Dallas was a better player than the Dontre kid. Smh you guys are such homers, anyway congrats to all the kids that are nominated however as I predicted before the season started Dontre should win this year WRS award and it's not even close.

both are good kids  one thing sticks out in this dallas has led the mustangs to state big dance two years in a row. as the qb for the stings his team has lost only three game and one was to the state champs gilmer..dallas  has put up  some good numbers in his two years as starter ,HE IS A TEAM LEDER ON THE FILED AND OFF IN CLOSEING LET ME SAY THIS  I WSH GOOD THING FOR DONTRE.

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Who said he was head and shoulders better than everybody in regards to next level? He just had a tremendous season which this award is based on, not potential college player or who gets the most and more prolific college offers.

But you already knew that, hater. smh

If mine was offered Kilgore, Blinn, or 21st Street College I would be just as proud. There are athletes of all school in the NFL, Cam Newton should I say more came from Blinn.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 1:07 PM, ozensfinest said:

WOS fans are y'all seriously on here debating who's better a player out of Thomas and JD? You guys serious are y'all just trolling? Only thing you can point out is that WOS won state... Notice I said WOS and not one playe. The Dontre kid was responsible for 71 TDS......SEVENTY ONE!!!! He is by far the best offensive player in the area ain't it's not even close in my opinion.

JD is the real deal, I have watched him play the last two years and he is remarkable young man, ask him what he thinks and I can promise you he gives all the credit to everyone else! He is a humbled young man who deserves the Best! And he still has ONE year left! Expect big things

On 1/21/2016 at 6:38 PM, Footballfan1209 said:

Hey im not disagreeing with you on Dontre Thomas, but it says a lot when you can lead your team to 16 games and win the State Championship. Its so hard for teams to make it that far and then come out victorious.

Go even furthur, 32 games in 2 seasons. His only 2 seasons on varsity so far. Went 1-1 in SC games.

On 1/21/2016 at 2:40 PM, STiger85 said:

Ok, lets put an asterisk by Dallas name. Knowing you don't have to score many points because of how good your defense is. Now, let me put it to you like the WOS fateful has put it "if Jack Dallas was to get hurt and not be able to play we would just put in another player at QB and still win games".  If you can do that, replace the QB, and still win where does the strength in that team lie on. The defense! In Silsbee we were not supposed to be that good this year. We had three returning, two linemen and a WR. If Thomas was to get hurt we would have not went as far as we did. So our strength was in our offense with Thomas leading the way.

Just saying

Nope, thats coaching and preperation.

On 1/22/2016 at 7:22 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

I would say WO-S won those games, not JD.

But, in the game against Silsbee here were each players numbers:

Dallas     passing 18-25-176-3-0

rushing   2-43 TD

total         27/219 yards, 4TD

Thomas  passing   6-13-149-1-1

rushing    17-122 3TD

total          30/271 yards, 4 TD

and it's not even close which QB faced the better defense. ;)

Yeah, and quite a few teams that WOS faced last season were in the same boat. LOL

On 1/24/2016 at 7:59 PM, MAYFIELD said:

If mine was offered Kilgore, Blinn, or 21st Street College I would be just as proud. There are athletes of all school in the NFL, Cam Newton should I say more came from Blinn.

Well.... kinda. Cam was at/had to leave the Florida Gator program before he attended Blinn. But your point is on point. The NFL has players from plenty of junior colleges.