2015 Willie Ray Smith Finalists

WOSgrad

Lmaoooo and this thread is getting even more ridiculous. Please stop gassing JD he does nothing special at the QB position....he's nothing more than a game manager with talent around him. Since he's the only QB to win state in recent years would you guys say he's better than Dion Beasley was at QB since he won state? Because with you guys logic that would be the case...I guess it's safe to say JD the best QB to come through WOS right? 

12 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Lmaoooo and this thread is getting even more ridiculous. Please stop gassing JD he does nothing special at the QB position....he's nothing more than a game manager with talent around him. Since he's the only QB to win state in recent years would you guys say he's better than Dion Beasley was at QB since he won state? Because with you guys logic that would be the case...I guess it's safe to say JD the best QB to come through WOS right? 

Ask a lot of former WOS players and they will tell you yes. The QB who records he broke (Jimmy Salter) has said it many times on social media that Dallas is and he certainly has the stats to prove it. Holding all major passing statistics records at WOS. 

2 hours ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Ask a lot of former WOS players and they will tell you yes. The QB who records he broke (Jimmy Salter) has said it many times on social media that Dallas is and he certainly has the stats to prove it. Holding all major passing statistics records at WOS. 

I can name 3 QB's off the head that was better than JD...so if you believe that you're crazy. And trust me I've talked to many former players from WOS that agree with me. 

1 hour ago, ozensfinest said:

I can name 3 QB's off the head that was better than JD...so if you believe that you're crazy. And trust me I've talked to many former players from WOS that agree with me. 

As have I. You are selling Jack short though. He is the all time leader in every major passing category at WOS but you can't seem to acknowledge his talent saying he is a game manager. How can a game manager hold all those statistics? Also he has a year to add to his resume. I don't understand your reasoning. 

2 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

only QB to be better than Jack would be Andre Bevil and MAYBE Dillon Sterling Cole. the rest weren't true QB for WOS. but since you wanna use STATS, Jack pretty has EVERY passing at WOS with another year to go.

4 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

only QB to be better than Jack would be Andre Bevil and MAYBE Dillon Sterling Cole. the rest weren't true QB for WOS. but since you wanna use STATS, Jack pretty has EVERY passing at WOS with another year to go.

Wasn't better than bevil dion hypolite reggie etc...stop it not hard to have amazing stats with the weak schedule you guys play on top of that the amount of talent around him. Those QB's I named actually had to go through a gauntlet during the playoffs they weren't benefited by being able to play in a watered down small school region 3 in the playoffs. Like I said JD is a game manager at best.

7 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Wasn't better than bevil dion hypolite reggie etc...stop it not hard to have amazing stats with the weak schedule you guys play on top of that the amount of talent around him. Those QB's I named actually had to go through a gauntlet during the playoffs they weren't benefited by being able to play in a watered down small school region 3 in the playoffs. Like I said JD is a game manager at best.

and you're telling me Silsbee played an actual better schedule ? you have to be joking me. WOS would've easily went through their district just like they did their own and sat JD out in the 3rd quarter. so it would've been the same outcome. hypolite was not a QB, deon also was not a QB. just athletes there that ran the ball more. go look at any highlight and you will not see them throwing the ball much AT ALL.

18 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

and you're telling me Silsbee played an actual better schedule ? you have to be joking me. WOS would've easily went through their district just like they did their own and sat JD out in the 3rd quarter. so it would've been the same outcome. hypolite was not a QB, deon also was not a QB. just athletes there that ran the ball more. go look at any highlight and you will not see them throwing the ball much AT ALL.

I wouldn't worry about "ozensfinest" (and that puking sound you just heard was poor Clifton Ozen) and his claims.  The more he opens his pie hole to discount Jack's accomplishments and stats, the stronger he makes Jack's case.  It apparently means more to him than it does to Jack.  If you ask Jack if he would rather the WRS or the state title, he would be hanging on pretty tightly to that gold medal he got at NRG.

That WO-S team was a great team.  No doubt about that.  But the WRS award is an individual award.  With that said, how can you look past the Silsbee kid?  The WO-S kid did great this year,  But with that good team, I know almost like 10 other kids you could plug in at QB there and the same results would have occurred..  

21 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That WO-S team was a great team.  No doubt about that.  But the WRS award is an individual award.  With that said, how can you look past the Silsbee kid?  The WO-S kid did great this year,  But with that good team, I know almost like 10 other kids you could plug in at QB there and the same results would have occurred..  

With due respect, Soulja, I don't know that others could have done the job that JD did, but I get what you are saying.  He is one of many on that team that performed well.

And I agree that Dontre's numbers put him up top.  Heck, if I were voting, I'd probably give it to him.  But it is not like Dontre did it all on his own either.  He managed to find himself behind one of the best (and biggest) lineman prospects in the nation.  He had a beast of a running back in Adonis Thomas, who got even better as the year went on and made sure that you couldn't key on Dontre out of the read option. He had speed burners over the field who spread things out for him.  And for those who want to belittle the Tiger defense, just recall that WO-S is not the only school to have a WRS finalist on BOTH sides of the ball.

18 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

"Y'all might have embarassed us and also won a state championship, but our quarterback can run faster..."

While, I appreciate you taking up JD's case, there is really no need for that, either.  Dontre worked extremely hard over the summer to craft himself into a dual threat QB.  Those that recall the 2014 Tiger season remember him having to leave the lineup on passing downs because he wasn't accurate enough.  That truly changed in 2015 as he became a quarterback, not just a running back taking the direct snap.

23 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

With due respect, Soulja, I don't know that others could have done the job that JD did, but I get what you are saying.  He is one of many on that team that performed well.

And I agree that Dontre's numbers put him up top.  Heck, if I were voting, I'd probably give it to him.  But it is not like Dontre did it all on his own either.  He managed to find himself behind one of the best (and biggest) lineman prospects in the nation.  He had a beast of a running back in Adonis Thomas, who got even better as the year went on and made sure that you couldn't key on Dontre out of the read option. He had speed burners over the field who spread things out for him.  And for those who want to belittle the Tiger defense, just recall that WO-S is not the only school to have a WRS finalist on BOTH sides of the ball.

VERY valid points, Grad.  All accurate.  Adonis, Mackey, Barnes, and Big Hudson definitely made life easy for D. Thomas.

On 1/27/2016 at 8:56 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Shocker.

I will say this I watched him in the Silsbee scrimmage against Central, who had better athletes and he balled out. I also went and watched him live at the Silsbee Jasper game when he went absolutely nuts. I lean towards Jack Dallas because of the hype and the name and the ring but the more I think about the video game numbers it's hard to say no. Plus Jasper had some DUDES on D and couldn't even touch him and Central had some DUDES on D that couldnt touch him.