2015 Willie Ray Smith Finalists

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, wosfan1992 said:

but I'm done talking to you ignorant people. I'll talk to y'all once we get our back to back state ring 

Ignorant people.  Yeoj is one of the more knowledgeable people here.  And I'd say I know enough about football. Maybe it's that we're not ignorant at all.  Maybe it's really looking in the mirror.  WO-S was good this year and it showed, but we told you that Foster would win.  And of they played West Brook, pretty much the same would happen...

I guess the question needs to be asked 'what would WO-S have done in WB's 6a district'?  Would they have made the playoffs?  If so, how many rounds would they have went also with teams like Manvel or Pearland looming?

Also, vise versa with West Brook in WO-S's 4a district with the same questions asked....  Some think that West Brook's weakest district opponent, Baytown Sterling could have made the playoffs in that district and won a few playoff games....

best believe we're going to put a MAJOR fight. size never mattered that much to us. our kids do not care about that, never have never will. this was majority of first time varsity players this year. they never experienced a foster type team, but I can assure you that we won't lose like that next no matter WHO we play. just watch and see. hope we have SA Johnson on our schedule just to prove my point 

4 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

best believe we're going to put a MAJOR fight. size never mattered that much to us. our kids do not care about that, never have never will. this was majority of first time varsity players this year. they never experienced a foster type team, but I can assure you that we won't lose like that next no matter WHO we play. just watch and see. hope we have SA Johnson on our schedule just to prove my point 

Ok, yes, impressive.  First year varsity players.  Well, they'll be ready next year for the more bigger teams.  And for the record, I hope they win again next year.  (my team is not in your district lol)

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:15 PM, ozensfinest said:

Reading the comments from some of the guys who voted on this award explains why this award has been a joke for years and reasons why they should get people to vote who actually know about football. "How can you say a kid that had over 200 tackles shouldn't of been nominated for this award?" Well easy turn on the film...if what I saw on that kid hudl is the best defensive player in the area then man SETX is in bad shape. Furthermore lets talk about these 200 tackles that you guys love to speak of, if you don't know tackles ARE NOT official stats...so all tackles that were turned in for WRS nominations were from the coaching staffs of each player meaning no-one can confirm or deny them. So we have to look at those 200 tackles and take them with a grain of salt. I would think the people who's on the voting panel would know this kinda stuff smh. You would think these reporters would actually watch these kids before they make a vote instead of just looking at the stats. So if you turn on some film and watch Innis & Tims you'd know it was highway robbery, and I'll say it again from what I saw on the Tims kid hudl he shouldn't of been nominated for this award period. Innis is the 9th rated player in the country at his position along with being a 4 star recruit and going play for a premier big 12 school and you mean to tell me he isn't the best defense player in SETX? You've got to be kidding me man. As far as DT and JD goes DT is a much superior football player no matter how you try to slice it or dice it....he was the best offensive player in SETX and anybody with any sort of knowledge about football knows it. And another thing I want to point out you mean to tell me Devwah Whaley, Keith Corbin or Calvin Tyler weren't among the best players in setx? They weren't good enough to even be nominated for this award? You voters are terrible and have no knowledge of the game which is why this award is a joke. It's really a shame two kids weren't giving an award they very well deserved and worked hard for.

Lastly I beg those of you guys thats saying I'm hating to watch the film without your homer glasses on and judge unbiasedly without including team accomplishments etc. And honestly tell me who the best players were.

PS. WOS Fans I even had a former player of yours agree with me about what I'm saying so I'd take it he's hating too smh lol

Steve Tims: 

This is the hidden content, please

Innis Gaines: 

Jack Dallas: 

Dontre Thomas: 

Great videos of each Athlete but what I did notice was the big lineman from Silsbee #75 never blocked anyone, just ran around and looked big!

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Gabe said:

Or a guy with over 200 tackles won and a QB won that won a state title and had pretty darn good numbers considering he sat out almost every 4th quarter for 80% of the games he played in.

Stats are stats. Dallas didn't come close to Dontre's numbers. The WRS isn't an award for the kid who went the furthest. And the defensive award was accurate.

On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 8:15 PM, ozensfinest said:

Reading the comments from some of the guys who voted on this award explains why this award has been a joke for years and reasons why they should get people to vote who actually know about football. "How can you say a kid that had over 200 tackles shouldn't of been nominated for this award?" Well easy turn on the film...if what I saw on that kid hudl is the best defensive player in the area then man SETX is in bad shape. Furthermore lets talk about these 200 tackles that you guys love to speak of, if you don't know tackles ARE NOT official stats...so all tackles that were turned in for WRS nominations were from the coaching staffs of each player meaning no-one can confirm or deny them. So we have to look at those 200 tackles and take them with a grain of salt. I would think the people who's on the voting panel would know this kinda stuff smh. You would think these reporters would actually watch these kids before they make a vote instead of just looking at the stats. So if you turn on some film and watch Innis & Tims you'd know it was highway robbery, and I'll say it again from what I saw on the Tims kid hudl he shouldn't of been nominated for this award period. Innis is the 9th rated player in the country at his position along with being a 4 star recruit and going play for a premier big 12 school and you mean to tell me he isn't the best defense player in SETX? You've got to be kidding me man. As far as DT and JD goes DT is a much superior football player no matter how you try to slice it or dice it....he was the best offensive player in SETX and anybody with any sort of knowledge about football knows it. And another thing I want to point out you mean to tell me Devwah Whaley, Keith Corbin or Calvin Tyler weren't among the best players in setx? They weren't good enough to even be nominated for this award? You voters are terrible and have no knowledge of the game which is why this award is a joke. It's really a shame two kids weren't giving an award they very well deserved and worked hard for.

Lastly I beg those of you guys thats saying I'm hating to watch the film without your homer glasses on and judge unbiasedly without including team accomplishments etc. And honestly tell me who the best players were.

PS. WOS Fans I even had a former player of yours agree with me about what I'm saying so I'd take it he's hating too smh lol

Steve Tims: 

Innis Gaines: 

Jack Dallas: 

Dontre Thomas: 

Create another award. 

Willie Ray Smith B TEAM award..

Given out to only Beaumont's finest.

3 hours ago, SilsbeeFootball15 said:

Tims had the stats to win... Jack didn't

all the fuss won't change anything. all in all, the trophy is in Jack Dallas and Steven Tims trophy case. it's said and done. you CANT change it. better luck next year. end of disscusion. we can would've could've should've all day long 

Headed to Sunnyvale for a baseball tournament. You could've made a case for all of the kids. I'll say this, there's more to being an MVP than just stats. I have no idea what the kid from Silsbee brings to the table other than stats, I'm sure he has other tangibles. What I will say is he is one helluva athlete and no one could've/should've argued if he had won the award. Congrats to the well deserved winners also!!!