Silsbee 72 Hardin-Jefferson 62/Final

WOSgrad

28 minutes ago, Who That said:

Haha even if H.J. makes all there missed baskets last night  and Silsbee makes there's the game is a blow out. Silsbee 25+ easily 

An enlightened soul. ( by the way, the word" there", in this case, is spelled their)  Also, a 6 possession difference (in turnovers) is very very difficult to convert to a 25 point win.

Stevenash, here are the facts (numbers don't lie as long the person calculating them is smart). Hardin Jefferson would have lost by close to 15-20 if Silsbee didn't slow the game down. At the pace they played in the 2nd qtr, HJ was very gasp. Silsbee 5 in 5 out rotation is very critical in gamed where the other team only goes 7 deep. Silsbee took 8 less shots in the 2nd half

2 hours ago, PaBees said:

I've got a couple takeaways from this and I don't think many of you will like them...but I'm going to share anyway.  I don't think this HJ team is as good as last year's and I don't think last year's was as good as the year before.  They've got three VERY good pieces that complement each other, but the overall depth and athleticism is not there like it has been in the past.  I really like the way the Saladin kid plays and he is the rare high school kid that understands the game, but physicality and focus on where he is can definitely limit him.  I really like Roberts defensively, but consistently he does not put the ball in the basket.  I REALLY, REALLY like Parquet's game at this point, but I have not seen him slash to the rim and score.  Coach Davis has done a very good job with them and I think they're ranked right about where they should be in that 20ish range.  I just don't see them as a threat to go to San Antonio.

Silsbee is fast and they are deeeeeeep!  I do think they will make a deep playoff run (deeper than HJ), but I think it will be difficult for them to take the whole thing.  The Roberts kid, and maybe some others from games I haven't seen, exposed a glaring weakness.  There is no real size inside!  For what they have, Silsbee does an incredible job or sending guys to the boards, but there is no substitute for real quality size.  If they run into a team that won't be overwhelmed by the pressure and has a big guy or two, Silsbee could be in trouble.  Sounded to me like that is what happened with Liberty Hill.  Also, who is the guy for Silsbee?  Who gets the ball with the game on the line and says I got this?  I see a whole team of Scottie Pippens (poor Silsbee, right?) and wonder is there a killer like Jordan?

With all that said, I hope these two teams meet in the regional final.  That would be exciting to see and great for basketball down here.

I am not going to get into the HJ part of this.  I do agree with your statements on the Tigers. Height is a worry inside. I know we have been working on ways to deal with it.  As far as a go to guy,. I would have to say I agree with the other statements I would put the ball in Devon's hands or Grubbs. The good part is they can handle the ball but if we need a shot they have several that they can dish it too and they are both two of the better finishers going to the basket.

1 hour ago, Drango1 said:

I was extremely impressed with Devon McCain.  His attitude is great too. 

This we can agree on.  I have been real impressed by him and Adams as freshmen both with their play and attitudes.  Yes they may have reaction to a call or something but haven't seen anything major from either one.  Excited to watch how their high school careers pan out.

18 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Stevenash, here are the facts (numbers don't lie as long the person calculating them is smart). Hardin Jefferson would have lost by close to 15-20 if Silsbee didn't slow the game down. At the pace they played in the 2nd qtr, HJ was very gasp. Silsbee 5 in 5 out rotation is very critical in gamed where the other team only goes 7 deep. Silsbee took 8 less shots in the 2nd half

Perhaps it wasn't their choice to take 8 less shots?  And you are assuming they would have made them all?   If you want to extrapolate the entire game based on the first half, I want to do the same based on the first quarter.

35 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If I didn't know any better I would believe that some on here are disappointed with a 10 point win and some seem content or okay with a 10 point loss.

There are reasons why Silsbee won by 10 and reasons why HJ lost by 10.

But what do I know? smh

The score suggests that Silsbee was a 10 point better team than HJ on its home court.   That seems pretty simple.

It appears as though some Silsbee fans are disappointed with a win last night because they didn't win by a large enough margin. If they would have shot better, if they wouldn't have slowed it down, if whatever. Point is they won. It was a good game for true fans of the game, IMO (other than 2nd quarter). HJ had nothing to lose, they were not EXPECTED to win. Did they want to win, yes, but it didn't happen.          Sillsbee's rank can't get any better. Will HJ's? Maybe, maybe not. It is a long season.