Silsbee 72 Hardin-Jefferson 62/Final

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Why just this year?   Based upon what you have said about the under levels and with all of the move backs, sounds like things will continue to get even better.

This year they are deep plus they have a heck of a leader. Next year will be their best chance I think. But I can't even imagine what Devon and jordyn are going to be like their Sr year. It is going to be fun to watch!

All this celebration has been entertaining and great reading material. Can we allow the district championship,region 3 championship be decided and the state champion be crowned before speculating about next year being # 1 in S.E.Texas  and nationally ranked. Not hating on the Tigers one bit, all the above would be fantastic for this area.Planning parades before the dance is over was a kiss of defeat last year a local team. There's plenty of hoops to be played and until the fat lady sings other teams will keep hope alive...jmo... 

5 hours ago, DXTR said:

Beginning next school year Silsbee will have a new program in place that will attract MANY students to the district for academic reasons. If some of them happen to be good athletes, that is just a bonus.

Does that mean we are getting a communications program?:)  j/k

Need to finish this season first.  This time of year gets boring.  That's how upsets happen.  Going to a game would help but that's not happening for me.  Usually Silsbee competes in a playoff game somewhere nearby, like in or near Conroe, or that community college in Baytown.  

Meanwhile the new Delmar field house is coming around.  It looks big enough to host playoff games, tournaments, maybe even a regional final. It should be ready by next season.

49 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

So next year you only have 7 starters, plus the two freshman coming in next year, and maybe a couple of kids off jv that grow a few inches or pick up their game a little ;)

I don't know if those two freshmen are going to jump to varsity right off or not.  But if and I say if 2 of those 3 were to move in they would be on varsity if for no other reasons than being seniors(if I remember right they are both srs).  That 8 th grader from Legacy might be a straight to varsity player not sure.  Would be nice to go from this year to having just as many or more next year but I will believe all of it when I see it.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

I don't know if those two freshmen are going to jump to varsity right off or not.  But if and I say if 2 of those 3 were to move in they would be on varsity if for no other reasons than being seniors(if I remember right they are both srs).  That 8 th grader from Legacy might be a straight to varsity player not sure.  Would be nice to go from this year to having just as many or more next year but I will believe all of it when I see it.

Much like this year, the 8th grader at Legacy would instantly be one of the best players on the team.  There is no way he doesn't go straight to varsity IMO.  

Talked with Bush dad and Jones dad Bush is coming back home. Jones is leaning this way and I can tell you now those two will definitely be on varsity from the day they step on campus. McCain,Adams, and Bush will be great together like they've been for the last 5 years. I hate to say this while we were talking a certain coach called Bush dad and asked him how he was doing and can't wait to have him there so that should tell you something. And to just let you know a secret Bush dad was Coached by Sigler and they have a close relationship still to this day

57 minutes ago, thegoat said:

Talked with Bush dad and Jones dad Bush is coming back home. Jones is leaning this way and I can tell you now those two will definitely be on varsity from the day they step on campus. McCain,Adams, and Bush will be great together like they've been for the last 5 years. I hate to say this while we were talking a certain coach called Bush dad and asked him how he was doing and can't wait to have him there so that should tell you something. And to just let you know a secret Bush dad was Coached by Sigler and they have a close relationship still to this day

Number of state titles is increasing.

Nash I'm definitely not saying that I was just stating what was told to me and what I heard directly from the fathers of the two kids. I've played the game of basketball on a high collegiate level. I will never say they definitely gonna win state too many variables go along with such a prediction lol.

3 hours ago, thegoat said:

Nash I'm definitely not saying that I was just stating what was told to me and what I heard directly from the fathers of the two kids. I've played the game of basketball on a high collegiate level. I will never say they definitely gonna win state too many variables go along with such a prediction lol.

I congratulate you on employing a bit of common sense.

Lots of basketball to be played you have injuries that play a part you have grades. You have everyday life with some 15-18 year old kids. Main thing is staying healthy and getting better as the season goes along but you have to make your weakness your strength and of course have some luck go your way.