4A AP All-State Team

Cougar14.2

Quick question: what area are most of the AP voters from? 

Side note: I've witnessed teams win state with not a single individual being on the AP all-state team. Its kinda like their polls: weird. 

Also remember this is based off regular season, I highly doubt any of those DFW AP folk came to our area during that timeframe. 

Im sure by February WOS will be all over the TXSPW all state team which includes regular season and playoff games . This happened last year as well (a poor representation of setx players on the ap all state team ) , to say the kid from silsbee is an HM qb when he played the same amount of games as the kid from liberty and put up numbers that was  far better than the Texarkana kid that made 1st team. Epler threw for 5,000 yards and 71 tds in 16 games last year . Dt had a total similar and all he got was an hm when that got eppler player of the year (offensive) and dt played in 14 games . Setx gets no respect 

Quick question: what area are most of the AP voters from? 

Side note: I've witnessed teams win state with not a single individual being on the AP all-state team. Its kinda like their polls: weird. 

Also remember this is based off regular season, I highly doubt any of those DFW AP folk came to our area during that timeframe. 

AP State is normally around the large cities, and the "suburbs" of them. When you get to Houston, its like they completely stop looking after the Trinity. Was that way when I played. We were loaded with D1 talent, had a bunch go D1. We would get every award possible except for AP all state.

The All-State team is such a joke anyway. Voters don't see the majority of athletes play. Awards are given by who you know and other political reasons. The Mustangs have not really been challenged in district or the playoffs, but they do not have one player on 1st or 2nd team? It's frustrating, but I wouldn't put any stock into All State teams being an accurate representation of the best players in the state. Results do not lie. 

Good luck WOS.

Finish it.

I voted for this the last few years when I was at the Enterprise. I don't love it, it's tough to vote on so few players in every classification. In most cases all you have to go off of stats. And if two kids have similar stats, I'm sure the writers from different areas will go with whoever they know better, or their local kid. The TSWA system is better because it also incorporates the playoffs. But there's no perfect system.

Also, I'm not sure how Dontre Thomas only got honorable mention. I feel like his regular season stats were still just as good or better than he guy that made 1st team.

Great to be recognized, but that's the reason I always told my boys not to look for affirmation from outside. If you know who you are, that's all that matters. J/S

Not sure I understand the reason, and I can't speak for these young men but I would be willing to bet that they would gladly trade this recognition to be playing in NRG this weekend.  Congrats to WOS for being there and good luck to yall representing Region III and SETX.  It is nice, however, for Shepherd athletes to be recognized after a great season.  

In my eyes the Bridge City linebacker should be a allstater no doubt. 

there still is a chance he can make it in February when txsw picks their team . Its a lot of players from the area that needs to get recognized.  Im hoping Kendrick King from HF makes all state . He should have gotten at least HM all state last year , we will see what 2207 yards and 41 tds will get you . I see it wasnt enough for bmt enterprise and i know pa news super team is gonna overlook him . Kendrick King is one of the most disrespected players in the area . His numbers the last 3 years speaks for itself , especially in the setx region . If he went to the "bigger schools"  and put up the numbers he did we wouldn't even have this conversation.